ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DDR-A-Thon 5 (GH side tourney) Bloomington, IN October 20-21
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malictus  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: DDR-A-Thon 5 (GH side tourney) Bloomington, IN October 20-21 Reply with quote

http://www.indyddr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1774

Despite the focus of this event on DDR, I do plan on holding a side Guitar Hero tournament on Friday night. I'll post details once I work them out. I don't see a ton of GH tournaments forming in the midwest, so this may be as good as it gets. AND, it's for charity, so please come help us out!

EDIT: Added date to Subject
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stickied until the event.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u let me know more about the indiana GH tourny i would b interested on it and is there any age limit on how young?
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, 2 1/2- 3 hour drive for me, or else I might...

malictus  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaotic103 wrote:
can u let me know more about the indiana GH tourny i would b interested on it and is there any age limit on how young?

No, there's no age limit, although the GH part of the event takes place at my home so I guess some parental types might have a problem with that. Since it is an all-ages event there will be absolutely no alcohol/drugs allowed.

I'll post some rules up as soon as I finalize them...
kaotic103  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright and where exaclty is this in indiana and r there gunna b prizes and what day and time is it this is the most important thing i need 2 know
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaotic103 wrote:
alright and where exaclty is this in indiana and r there gunna b prizes and what day and time is it this is the most important thing i need 2 know

Bloomington is about 1 hr south of Indianapolis

This is a very cool idea, malictus - you can count me in (by October I'll be living in Richmond which is only about 1.5 hours away - w00t)

-David
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
malictus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be posting some rules for the GH tournament portion of the event here soon --- it'll be very simple score-based rules with players taking turns on 1-player mode.

As for prizes, every year we have a big 'prize pool' and we let the winners of the individual competitions pick from the pool in a predetermined order. I don't know the prizes yet but there should be some good stuff in there...
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
I'll be posting some rules for the GH tournament portion of the event here soon --- it'll be very simple score-based rules with players taking turns on 1-player mode.

As for prizes, every year we have a big 'prize pool' and we let the winners of the individual competitions pick from the pool in a predetermined order. I don't know the prizes yet but there should be some good stuff in there...

My guess is that most of us on scorehero are more interested in the thrill of competition than prizes (although I wouldn't turn down a Wiii )

I might even play the DDR tournament - I'm pretty pathetic at DDR though - I can pretty much beat everything on Standard, and maybe up to 6, 7 steps max on hard - I'm unfortunately an unfit little piggy .

Are there going to be different divisions for DDR?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah keep me posted on how this is all working...I live in Evansville at the moment...but I'm from Odon..like...a hour south of Btown.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PriestREA
malictus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event is definitely going to be good --- we have just added Pump It Up Zero to the event in addition to DDR, Beatmania, and Guitar Hero (check the link above for more details).

Here are my Guitar Hero tourney rules: comments welcome. I hope to see some of you in Bloomington a week from Friday!

Qualifying song - Pick any song, any difficulty. Ranking will be by highest raw score. You will get one warmup song, and then you must play your qualifying song. No redos allowed.

Everyone will then be placed into an NCAA-style double-elimination bracket based on qualifying score, with byes if necessary so that everyone can be placed.

TOURNAMENT ROUNDS
1. Each round consists of either 2 or 3 songs.

2. All rounds will be played on Single player mode only; we will not be using the multi-player mode.

3. For Song 1:
- High seed picks song (any of the 47 regular GH songs)
- High seed picks whether to go 1st or 2nd
- Low seed picks difficulty (Medium, Hard, or Expert)
For Song 2:
- Low seed picks song (any of the 47 regular GH songs)
- Low seed picks whether to go 1st or 2nd
- High seed picks difficulty (Medium, Hard, or Expert)

4. The winner of each song is the player with the highest score. If one player fails to complete a song, that player loses. If both players fail to complete a song, the person who completes a greater percentage of the song wins. If there is a tie, the song will be replayed.

5. If one player wins both songs that player advances. If each player wins a song a tiebreaker song will be played. A tiebreaker song will be chosen at random (difficulty, song choice, and who goes first all chosen at random).

6. Each player can only pick a song once to play in the entire tournament (excluding your qualifying song). So, if you pick Bark at the Moon for instance, you can't pick that song again on any difficulty (although your opponent could still pick it).

7. In the final round (winner of winner's bracket vs. winner of loser's bracket), you may ONLY choose Expert difficulty.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
This event is definitely going to be good --- we have just added Pump It Up Zero to the event in addition to DDR, Beatmania, and Guitar Hero (check the link above for more details).

Here are my Guitar Hero tourney rules: comments welcome. I hope to see some of you in Bloomington a week from Friday!

Qualifying song - Pick any song, any difficulty. Ranking will be by highest raw score. You will get one warmup song, and then you must play your qualifying song. No redos allowed.

Everyone will then be placed into an NCAA-style double-elimination bracket based on qualifying score, with byes if necessary so that everyone can be placed.

TOURNAMENT ROUNDS
1. Each round consists of either 2 or 3 songs.

2. All rounds will be played on Single player mode only; we will not be using the multi-player mode.

3. For Song 1:
- High seed picks song (any of the 47 regular GH songs)
- High seed picks whether to go 1st or 2nd
- Low seed picks difficulty (Medium, Hard, or Expert)
For Song 2:
- Low seed picks song (any of the 47 regular GH songs)
- Low seed picks whether to go 1st or 2nd
- High seed picks difficulty (Medium, Hard, or Expert)

4. The winner of each song is the player with the highest score. If one player fails to complete a song, that player loses. If both players fail to complete a song, the person who completes a greater percentage of the song wins. If there is a tie, the song will be replayed.

5. If one player wins both songs that player advances. If each player wins a song a tiebreaker song will be played. A tiebreaker song will be chosen at random (difficulty, song choice, and who goes first all chosen at random).

6. Each player can only pick a song once to play in the entire tournament (excluding your qualifying song). So, if you pick Bark at the Moon for instance, you can't pick that song again on any difficulty (although your opponent could still pick it).

7. In the final round (winner of winner's bracket vs. winner of loser's bracket), you may ONLY choose Expert difficulty.

Sounds awesome - I will DEFINITELY be there - have it pencilled into my mental calendar already

In fact, I may even humiliate myself by playing in the DDR contest!!!
malictus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for coming, Wulfe, and congrats on 1st place. Your $10 Best Buy gift card will be in the mail tomorrow!
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
Thanks for coming, Wulfe, and congrats on 1st place. Your $10 Best Buy gift card will be in the mail tomorrow!

Thanks for hosting an enjoyable evening

I'm looking forward to getting some more playtime in with you and the rest of the Midwest folks in December
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics? Sheesh...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: