Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GUIDE: How to make a custom disc use a separate save file
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricky4502  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this guide... at 1st i thought it was unnecessary to do this until i made my 3rd custom disc and found out that quick play wasn't working... it would just crash whenever i'd play the 3rd disc

i wasted many blank dvd's burning at lower speeds and trying to make some changes because i really had no idea what was causing it... it wasn't until started using pcsx2 to preview custom skins, fretboards, etc that i realized that quick play was working fine... then it hit me! it's because there's no mem card to automatically load from... so i took the card out of my ps2 to test quick play out and it worked

so i hope this method really works... i also have a prob with 5 songs from stage 8 on my 1st custom disc that won't work on quick play but will work fine in career mode so hopefully it'll fix that prob too
rrsrer  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Where can i get the Hex Workshop Software Reply with quote

Hi was reading up on the thread and i'm gonna follow the walkthrough to make a custom disc, but i was just wondering where can i get the hex workshop software to change the labeling of the save file

Thanks
ricky4502  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always use winhex... it's really easy to use, just look that up
purespin  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work for GH3 on Wii? If not, is there a way for Wii?
Thanks!
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purespin wrote:
Does this work for GH3 on Wii? If not, is there a way for Wii?
Thanks!

Not only does the Wii use a completely different save system than the PS2, but since GH3 is a completely different codebase, the information in this guide is absolutely useless for that purpose. I'm sure it's possible, but I don't think anyone's figured it out yet.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
ryan101  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little note for everyone: this will not work if you plan on loading your custom guitar hero disc using the swap disc method (loading your original gh then switching the discs while the game is loading).

It took me a while to figure out what I did wrong when I made a test of my custom guitar hero disc, but then I realized that it wouldn't load since my original guitar hero disc and my new one have different SLUS_ numbers.
MeinHimmel  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just a little note for everyone: this will not work if you plan on loading your custom guitar hero disc using the swap disc method (loading your original gh then switching the discs while the game is loading).

It took me a while to figure out what I did wrong when I made a test of my custom guitar hero disc, but then I realized that it wouldn't load since my original guitar hero disc and my new one have different SLUS_ numbers.

Thanks! =/ I'm redoing it now with the original mc.dtb and all in there because I was wondering why it wasn't working when I knew it should be.

I have had some success in remapping the keys so I am going on that route right now.
BrunopXD  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: How i can know? Reply with quote

How i can know what number i can use?
LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: How i can know? Reply with quote

BrunopXD wrote:
How i can know what number i can use?

You can use any number that doesn't conflict with any game you own, but be warned that if it conflicts with a game you buy in the future, that it will either corrupt your custom save, or it might even cause the "new" game to crash. That's why I used 66601, because I seriously doubt that it would be used for a real game.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Sidein  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I err'd
5 star The Way it Ends
5 star Through the Fire and Flames
5 star The Devil Went Down to Georgia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSidein
stankylumpzz  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

advanced wrote:
If anybody else is using an HD to play custom GH2 games, I can confirm that following this, you can store multiple GH2 custom games on your HD. I currently have 3, and this is a great way to make it so you can have multiples, which AFAIK isnt normally possible.

Me and my friends say "Thank you, TS"

I see that this thread was posted awhile back...but hopefully you can help. Are you using HDL to play off of the HDD? I've tried all the methods in the guide to change the SLUS so I can put multiple copies of GH2 on my HDD, but none will work with HDL. It's frustrating, because the image is good ( I tested each one out using PCSX), but as soon as I load it on my HDD, I just get a black screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mods....if this is not an appropriate subject, please delete and pardon my violation.....thanks
stankylumpzz  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh at the people on this board who don't search before they post, and I just did the same thing. After searching the board, I found the answer to my question, and now have a working custom GH! Many thanks to all the users on the forum.....and the mods for not banning me.......
conejo33  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i need help..i cant install da cd dvd gen.1.20????
louster200  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conejo33 wrote:
hey i need help..i cant install da cd dvd gen.1.20????

1. You need winRAR or winZIP. winRAR I think is better. Just Google it to find it.
2. Once you get one of those open the .zip.
3. Once you're in that, open the "cddvdgen" folder.
4. You should see something that looks like "SETUP.EXE"
5. Open that up and you'll go through the setup process. Takes less than a minute.
6. Start -> All Programs -> Find what you named the folder.
7. I hope this helps.

And LocalH. I love you for making this guide! Only 1 question. How do you change the text name in the memory card so when I scroll over it I see "Guitar Hero Customs" or something like that?

Coomil  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet i will try this on my next custom
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: BarbecueJr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: