ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So, I just picked up Beatmania at Target.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kataris  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: So, I just picked up Beatmania at Target. Reply with quote

It was only 30 bucks, so I figured why not, since I always enjoyed playing in the arcades.

Now, I'd like to know what other beatmania games are out there besides the one that came with the controller.

I can order them online, so if someone could point me in the direction of a website that sells them, awesome.

And, I'm excited to start playing. I'm loving it already.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
Kataris  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, today was a good day.

I finally got past my block on Snow, Beginner, passed the rest of the 3* on Beginner, then on a whim played Outer Limits, the 1* (5*) Beginner song, and passed it my first try by some lucky slips of the hand.

So now I'm onto Normal. Yay!
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
JDM  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: So, I just picked up Beatmania at Target. Reply with quote

Kataris wrote:

Now, I'd like to know what other beatmania games are out there besides the one that came with the controller.

I can order them online, so if someone could point me in the direction of a website that sells them, awesome.

There have been 10 releases on the PS2 (the 11th, IIDX13 Distorted, is coming out in little over a month), and they've more-or-less consistently increased in quality since the beginning. Your best bets as far as ordering them goes would be Play-asia or NCSX (search for "IIDX" or "beatmania"). You'll also want to mod your ps2 so you can actually play them, but I'm not sure what your situation is as far as that's concerned.

As far as which game you should buy... people will tell you a lot of different answers, but the facts have been condensed in this handy wiki entry over at vjarmy, which you should probably register an account on when you're interested in comparing scores. If you have any other questions, just ask.
Kataris  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Swap Magic work? I bought it/installed it to play custom GH2 games, and it's worked fine for that.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Swap Magic works just fine. I use it myself for Happy Sky and soon for Red, as I've ordered that and have it coming in the next few days. I used Play-Asia to order my IIDX games, although the selection there is now limited to (if I remember correctly) 8, 10, 11 (Red), 12 (Happy Sky), and once it's released 13 (Distorted).
Kataris  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright.

... Ouch. $65 a game? >_< I might have to wait till my paycheck to afford that.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth every penny if you're getting Happy Sky. :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Yeah, Swap Magic works just fine. I use it myself for Happy Sky and soon for Red, as I've ordered that and have it coming in the next few days. I used Play-Asia to order my IIDX games, although the selection there is now limited to (if I remember correctly) 8, 10, 11 (Red), 12 (Happy Sky), and once it's released 13 (Distorted).

RED is motherfucking hard.
powahouse  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this game even good?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
Audhumla  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powahouse wrote:
is this game even good?

If you like your music games really fucking challenging, then yes.
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audhumla wrote:
powahouse wrote:
is this game even good?

If you like your music games really fucking challenging, then yes.

You also should not hate dance music...

but yea they are really hard, but hard = fun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIDX is epic. Worth playing. Once you get past the learning wall it gets really really fun.
vlasic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played beatmania for the first time at a convention, I found it really fun even as a beginner. Got my first FC after the 3rd game I played, much to my friend's surpise.

I might look into buying it when I get more money, thanks for those site links.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deaths Wr4th PSN Name: DeathsWrath
agenttaco91  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does everyone here play the american version? it's kind of lame. I was surprised to see that there was a beatmania forum on score hero. I didn't know that many people played both. I've been playing 2 years. My hardest song is xepher on another (11/12) passed with a close B
blah  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every once in a while I play US for older songs that haven't been released on newer games or, very rarely, for a little 5k.

I would guess for SHers playing beatmania it's about 50/50 between US and JP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: