ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
the difficulty of beatmania using gh references

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Magoo  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: the difficulty of beatmania using gh references Reply with quote

in the us version on every mode the game the songs range in about 4 difficulties.
Songs like Celebration in beatmania are simple such as I Love rock and roll. even on hyper celebration isnt harder than v on easy imo. there are at least 15 songs that are quite simple on every level.

Some songs just have complex choruses which, after mastering, are somewhat easy. In beatmania an example is toxic, and then harder ones like take me higher. These are similar to songs like tatooed love boys and Laid to rest in which they are easy once you understand what you are doing. These 10 or so songs basically just add more chords on each level.

Next we have the songs that are about med difficulty, but have that one hard part that just kills you (usually placed at the end of the song before you can get your %age up). Songs such as Bad Boy Bass, Music to your head, Love is Grooviness etc. Gh - Symphony of Destruction, Arterial Black and such.

The Last bunch are the Six's and Jordan/Tripolette solos songs.
These are the hardest of the hard. Start's with songs like presto then moving into V & Colors

Bonus group- the songs that are hard due to speed
321 stars = Misirlou

My point? these are the difficulties in gh terms of beatmania's setlist.
This describes the steep learning curve people talk about.. it may not seem bad but there is really no in between these tiers. the difficulty amongst the tiers doesn't vary enough to easily pass the next song on the list. I was most likely underexaggerating in this post. If they had the difficulty differences in gh the gh tiers would go from 1 4 6 8 leaving out all the in betweens.

Feel free to comment, annoy, prove me wrong, suggest, or argue about this topic
viewtyjoe  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of Holic or Nemesis in this setlisting makes me sad. Honestly, I see no real comparison between the GH and IIDX tiering of difficulty. That might be because the only GH song I've had any real trouble with was Jordan, but I've not played BMUS in so long that I can really comment on the difficulty. What I have noticed in my IIDX experiences is that there is a real plateau where you get comfortable at a difficulty and have to throw yourself at the wall to get better. For example, I've been at the high 10/11 wall for nearly 6 months now, and it just isn't getting any better, no matter what I do. I can score better on songs, especially easier 11s, but my passing hasn't really gotten any better in months, though clearing HS 8dan made me happy enough.
epock  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the walls are brutal. Merely passing a song is a bitch in IIDX. You have to have your groove meter consistently high most of the song. With no "star power" either. The worst part is when you slip JUST below the delicious red zone at the end of a song and fail it >_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: