Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Wizard 0.22
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Guitar Wizard 0.22 Reply with quote

IMPORTANT NOTE Guitar Wizard is no longer being actively developed. If you are interested in continuing this project, feel free to grab the source code from the website and make your own improvements!

Guitar Wizard

Guitar Wizard is a simple, fast, and powerful tool for doing customization for Guitar Hero games. For optimized archives, it takes about 8 minutes per song to substitute new MIDI/audio, find a correct sync offset, find a correct preview time, update artist/title information, and recreate the archive file!

Download version 0.22
Download source code
BUGS FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
- Fix a memory-related bug that was causing occasional hangs after adjusting sync
- Fix a bug that was causing encore songs to hang in career mode
- Fix a bug which made it impossible to edit Trogdor, due to loading tip problems
- Fix a bug that caused some chart/mid files to throw an error on the sync screen ('Error creating metronome track.')

Installation Instructions
1. Ensure that you have latest version of Java installed (available from www.java.com)
2. Download the zip file above
3. Unzip the entire archive, ensuring that all the miscellaneous files are kept in the same folder
4. Click on 'CLICK_TO_RUN.jar' to launch the program.
5. If you have trouble getting things to work, or the program is crashing, you can click the 'DEBUG_MODE_WINDOWS.bat' file instead to launch the program (windows only). This will put a console window on the screen with debug information which could be useful for figuring out problems.

Full feature list
- Fully supports Guitar Hero 1, Guitar Hero 2, and Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's, PS2 versions only.
- Fully supports multi-language (PAL) and NTSC versions
- Optimize a GH archive (placing important files near the end so that future mods will be quicker)
- Shrink a GH archive (shrink an archive by over 1GB by removing user-selected unnecessary files)
- Edit in-game text (tiers, difficulties, splash screen, main menu, and more)
- Edit gameplay options (note speeds and 'never fail' cheat)
- Edit song data (titles, artists, loading tip, store data, preview time, and more)
- Replace audio for any song (WAV, OGG, MP3, AIFF supported)
- Replace MIDI for any song, including automatic cleanup of MIDI files and conversion from GH1 to GH2/80 format, and vice versa
- Edit the sync for any song

HOW TO USE
1. Copy your GH disk to your hard drive.
2. Make sure to remove the 'Read Only' flag on all the copied files.
3. Run Guitar Wizard, and make any modifications that you would like.
4. Burn a disc of your modified archive, using appropriate PS2 software.
5. Run the modified archive on an appropriately modded PS2.

FAQ

What are the differences between Guitar Hero Explorer (GHex) and Guitar Wizard?
BOTH offer:
- song and midi substitution
- chart conversion (once that part is finished in GWiz!)
- cleanup of midi files
- adjustment of offset/sync
- playback of audio
- shrinking of archive
ONLY GHex offers:
- recover files from a corrupted archive
- visualization of MIDI/chart and visual method of determining sync
- copy files directly from original DVD
- replace any arbitrary file
- replacing ALL songs with silence in shrink process
ONLY GWiz offers:
- integrated DTB editing (song text, gameplay options, etc.)
- audio method of determining offset/sync
- optimize archive (move all files around to make future song substitution faster)
- control over which items to remove in shrink process

What new features are planned for Guitar Wizard?
NONE (Guitar Wizard is no longer being developed)

My mp3 or OGG file didn't import correctly. The sound is playing at the wrong speed.
This is a problem I've noticed with MP3's and OGG's that are encoded at a sampling rate other than 44100Hz. Fortunately, most files are already encoded at the correct sampling rate. The encoding libraries I'm using seem to be causing this problem. If this affects your sound files, use Audacity to convert the file to a WAV before importing to Guitar Wizard.

I'm having trouble finding the correct offset for a song. Can you offer any tips?
1. Use the guitar notes, NOT metronome ticks, to begin with. Then, use the metronome ticks to confirm.
2. Note that some songs might have incorrect metronome ticks, and in some cases (such as Eruption) the metronome ticks will be sort of irrelevant.
3. If the track is in sync at the beginning, and out of sync later, you either have a bad MID file, or you have an audio file that is incompatible with this MID file. GWiz can only alter OVERALL offset. Use a program like Feedback if you wish to change individual notes.

Will you be releasing the source code?
Yes, eventually, at least most of it. But not until I'm no longer actively developing it.

Do you plan on adding note chart visualizations, as Guitar Hero Explorer does?
Probably not. That is a lot of work, and GHex already does a great job of it.

Do you plan on adding chart making capabilities?
Probably not. Feedback does that very well, and I plan to add ways to integrate Feedback and Guitar Wizard seamlessly.

My custom loading tip didn't show up for my encore song in Career Mode. Why?
This is a known bug.

THANKS
This software would not have been possible without the work of many members of the scorehero community, who have created great software and done a great deal of exploring regarding Guitar Hero 2. Special thanks to TurkeyMan, Riff, ImaCarrot, Nachyoz, dho, LocalH, and katamakel among others. Also special thanks to my beta testers, who tested earlier versions of this program and helped me diagnose and fix some problems.

LEGAL
- This software is freeware, and is freely distributable, but it may not be altered.
- There are no warranties or guarantees; back up any important data before using this software.
- I do not now, nor will I ever, post any actual files from the Guitar Hero game, or any copyrighted music files. My software is intended for use only by legal owners of a Guitar Hero game who wish to use this software for experimentation. I am not associated with any of the creators of the Guitar Hero games.

Last edited by malictus on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:09 am; edited 46 times in total
MrWizard  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This program so far kicks ass. I will say first hand this will make customs alot easier once completed. Thanks for all your hard work man. I was one of the beta testers and from conception to this point went fast and smoothly. I used this on 2k, xp, and linspire(linux). It worked flawlessly on all of those for me.
tarod83  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, the ultimate GH custom compiler is finally here! Props for taking this huge project, malictus, I had a look at the program and it's shaping to be the tool of the century. Really user-friendly, which is like a blessing 'round here, and very well-thought. Works like a breeze in my computer (XP).
Congrats! You're definitely one of the chosen ones, now!

Now on to my first discovery: I'm loading a PAL version of GH, which is Multi-5 (that is, the game's in German, Italian, Spanish, etc and the ps2 automatically recognize your version after booting). The thing is, the name of the tiers, difficulties and such on GWiz, are derived from the German version... and I use the Spanish one. I don't know, but my guess is that if I change the name of the tiers (in german) the game would still show the original ones, in Spanish... am I right?

PM me if you need some extra info of the internal structure of the archive.
xmaartist  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet dude, I've been waiting so long for this! I'd get it, but I'm gonna wait until a bigger, better version is out. I have GHEX, and a custom disc modded in every way to fit what I wanted already, but once I compile a list of 64 new songs and such... this'll be the tool I use! Tons of props here, man, this is great. This should be stickied, maybe even Kata will give you props =P
Music is like candy, you throw out the (w)rappers.
People who rap aren't rappers, they're rap-ists, y'know, like art-ists. Which looks suspiciously like the word "rapist".
CtrlAltD1337  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll try this out for my first custom game, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm im guessing im doing something wrong. i wanted to try this out so i made another copy of my disc and shrunk the file...then when i click "edit/replace songs" a window comes up that says "not implemented yet" what am i doing wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: immortalkz
Applemaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU. Now I can finally play and make custom songs! I haven't tried this yet, but from the feedback given, and my own personal guesses, it will be excellent.
Drummerguitarist  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitemare wrote:
hmm im guessing im doing something wrong. i wanted to try this out so i made another copy of my disc and shrunk the file...then when i click "edit/replace songs" a window comes up that says "not implemented yet" what am i doing wrong?

Malictus hasn't put that part into the program. I beta-tested the program prior to release, and that part isn't in yet. What you see in the OP is what you can do. This is a beta program for a reason. Give it time.

And to the others, the program won't allow you to change songs just yet. He's working on it, and it is still a beta. Remember that, guys.

And Malictus, everything on this program is looking solid. Thanks for making this and letting me beta-test.
baumansc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love you......your my hero
bodom0015  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a god!

And I love the clever program naming system: GWiz!
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarod83 wrote:
Now on to my first discovery: I'm loading a PAL version of GH, which is Multi-5 (that is, the game's in German, Italian, Spanish, etc and the ps2 automatically recognize your version after booting). The thing is, the name of the tiers, difficulties and such on GWiz, are derived from the German version... and I use the Spanish one. I don't know, but my guess is that if I change the name of the tiers (in german) the game would still show the original ones, in Spanish... am I right?

PM me if you need some extra info of the internal structure of the archive.

Interesting... GWiz simply looks for a file named 'locale.dtb' in the ARK file, and assumes that there's only one of these files, but it sounds like your version contains more than one of these files; I assume each locale file is in a separate folder with a descriptive name (like 'eng').

So I'm sure it won't work correctly for you right now. But I can make a quick fix for the next release which will change ALL locale files. So, even if the text is in the wrong language when you first open the dialog, the changes will still stick.

EDIT: Or, even better, if I knew the names of the folders for the different languages, I could have the user choose the preferred language at the beginning. PM me or reply with some info about the file structure if you don't mind...
tarod83  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
Or, even better, if I knew the names of the folders for the different languages, I could have the user choose the preferred language at the beginning. PM me or reply with some info about the file structure if you don't mind...

I thought you would like to know this so I took a picture of the structure of the PAL archive, here you go!

I don't know if this is relevant but the same subfolder classification appears also in: ui/image/og/... and hud/textures/og/...
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work man.

I can't really do anything with it now (because it's about 4:10am and I'm dying on my arse) but I'll grab it tomorrow and have a play.

Since there's clearly someone having trouble with the PAL European version, it might be useful to have some perspective on a UK version?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarod83 wrote:
[img]

Not to be captain obvious, but it looks like all other languages are in there as well.
booyagramma05  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an amazing program, but until the real thing comes out, Ima stick with Ghex...

and one question...

You will not be able to edit your charts in this program, correct?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: