ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Modding 101 (Repairs and other projects) READ FIRST!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpeet687  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illiniguy wrote:
There's a game on Newgrounds called Flash Hero, and it uses six frets. The keyboard feeling is horrible though. Somebody has already given me a link to software that allows non-compatible inputs to be compatible with programs, so at this point I just need the actual hardware. Which I have no idea what to do.

What you could do for a sixth button is the solo button mod except with 1 button and instead of epoxy I used bondo it worked perfectly and is what's basically holding together my whole PacMan guitar.
TheKhord  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently made a video demoing an auto whammy circuit I made; it could be useful in the auto whammy section of this thread

Here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf7Ke6N7Vtw
massi4h  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to replace strum switches on my 3 LPs 2 WTars and my GH5Tar. Can I get the same switch for all of them (yes I'm a shit techie)? And what would be a good cheap switch to use? And does anyone know anywhere that does cheap international shipping for these parts? Living in New Zealand I don't know if I cold find stuff like this.

It's just really annoying that I don't have 1 tournament grade guitar atm.
Slagr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

massi4h wrote:
I need to replace strum switches on my 3 LPs 2 WTars and my GH5Tar. Can I get the same switch for all of them (yes I'm a shit techie)? And what would be a good cheap switch to use? And does anyone know anywhere that does cheap international shipping for these parts? Living in New Zealand I don't know if I cold find stuff like this.

It's just really annoying that I don't have 1 tournament grade guitar atm.

LPs and GH5: https://www.guitarheroparts.com/products.aspx

WT: Any Radio Shack.

I have no idea if they have Radio Shack in New Zealand, or if GHparts will ship there, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add my shoe string trick :P
massi4h  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again!
So I looked at the 2 stores I can find in my country, for strum switches and I've got this: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productResults.asp?CATID=28&SUBCATID=252&keyform=CAT&SUBMIT.x=29&SUBMIT.y=5 and this: http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=spdt&sessionid=4bb96acc017c746c273fc0a87f3b0748

Can anyone tell me if any of those switches will work for my LPs, WTars, and GH5tars?

Cheers.
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

massi4h wrote:
Me again!
So I looked at the 2 stores I can find in my country, for strum switches and I've got this: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productResults.asp?CATID=28&SUBCATID=252&keyform=CAT&SUBMIT.x=29&SUBMIT.y=5 and this: http://search.dse.co.nz/search?w=spdt&sessionid=4bb96acc017c746c273fc0a87f3b0748

Can anyone tell me if any of those switches will work for my LPs, WTars, and GH5tars?

Cheers.

This one will work for your WT guitar. http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=SM1036&CATID=28&form=CAT&SUBCATID=252

For LPs and GH5s you'll need to order from GHparts; I don't think they sell them anywhere else. You might also try something like this http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=SP0702&CATID=28&form=CAT&SUBCATID=652 and modify it to fit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the swift reply Slagr, I'll pick those up and see what I can do. If it comes to worse for my LPs, I could probably replace a broken switch in one with a working one in another, I have 3 LPs and all their upstrums work fine. How about the switch inside the PS2 GH3 Kramer? I haven't touched mine in ages.
darkieee  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a topic because I have a problem with my WT guitar for the ps3 but didn't get much responsen, here it is again.

Hi I've had the guitar from GH:WT for about a year and it worked great but know it can find connection with the Reciever which is plugged in, in my ps3. the red lights will flash showing it is trying to connect but they cant seem to find eachother anymore. the warrenty lasted for only a half year so I hope that anybody can help me here.

First I would like to know if the problem is because of the guitar or because of the reciever I dont have any opther guitar so im not sure how to test this.
Maybe any body has had this problem before or may know a solution. I dont care if I have to try to fix something inside of the guitar because it cant be more broken than boken.

Also if I'm to buy a new guitar for the ps3 which would be the best to buy, which do you recommend?
ababypenguin  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BriGuy, would you consider putting my guitar in the Hybrid List? It's a painted SG shell with LP guts in it, as well as left/right buttons and an xbox button. I kinda wrote the topic as a guide with lots of pics so I am hoping it'll help others.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104222

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ababypenguin wrote:
Hey BriGuy, would you consider putting my guitar in the Hybrid List? It's a painted SG shell with LP guts in it, as well as left/right buttons and an xbox button. I kinda wrote the topic as a guide with lots of pics so I am hoping it'll help others.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104222

Done.

Nice job on the guitar and the tutorial. A 360 SG is simnply an unattainable dream for most people. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I'm popping my posting cherry on this:

Up until recently, my X-plorer controller (wired) for the Xbox 360 had been working like a charm. One day it just stopped working. The frets, start, back, Xbox button, and left and right on the D-pad still work; however, strumming in either direction and pressing up or down on the D-pad fail to yield any response.

Upon opening my controller up, I discovered that the ribbons opposite the side of where they were soldered onto the circuit boards and that area of the circuit board itself had turned to a brown rust-ish color. Also, upon further inspection, I also noticed that one of my switches did not click. I do not know if this is the heart of the problem, but it seems to me that it is not.

Now, I scoured (read skimmed, haha) the message boards of Scorehero, this post and the links therein, and the interwebs itself and have not found any kind of answer. Now unless I just missed something and someone wants to chew me out for not reading carefully enough, please just post a link first. If not, any kind of answer would be appreciated.

Note: I am also making this it's own thread in case this post doesn't belong here.

Thanks in advance for the help/direction.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I recently did a video walk-through of the Les Paul (360) Hardwiring process as well as how to fix overstrumming, both videos based off of guides from this very thread. Because it's easier to figure how to do these mods with a video and constant explanation, I thought that the videos might be helpful if posted here.

Les Paul Hardwiring Tutorial Part 1

Les Paul Hardwiring Tutorial Part 2

Extra Tips for Les Paul Hardwiring

How to Fix Les Paul Overstrumming

All tutorials are in HD. If these walk-throughs seem helpful, perhaps adding them next to the guides that they came from would help people understand the fixes. If it can help people, I will be very pleased that they came to some use.

Thanks!

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could somebody post a guide on how to dissect the GH:WoRtar? My blue fret broke, and I've NEVER done any repairs before, so I'm not sure if I need to go under the "warranty voided" tape or not. I figured the screws under that don't need to be removed for me to get the neck detatched, but I'm not really sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: