ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Modding 101 (Repairs and other projects) READ FIRST!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slagr  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkieee wrote:
so I had guitar hero III for the WII but I sold it and switched to the ps3 version. Now my ps3 guitar (les paul) seems to be a lot worser. first of all the fret buttons and the strumbar don't go as easily down as the WII and even worser the Ps3 guitar seems to overstrum sometimes or just doesn't count a strum.

Is this normal or is it just me? if it's normal then what guitar should I buy for the ps3?

that's probably fairly normal; most ps3 LPs have a lot of issues.

I'd recommend a TAC flying V: http://store.theantcommandos.com/Guitar_Hero_Controller_s/1.htm

I've seen them at Wal-Mart for less than the link price, so bear that in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe someone else can confirm this suggestion? because I'm not buying something just beacue 1 person says so. ( not that I don't believe you or anything)
Slagr  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkieee wrote:
maybe someone else can confirm this suggestion? because I'm not buying something just beacue 1 person says so. ( not that I don't believe you or anything)

you might also consider this coupled with a ps2 guitar, such as an SG.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this post is just epic win!
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the X-Plorer's link to taking it apart is broekn/out of date, according to the website. Either that, or I need to login there.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixing Random LP Shutoffs
SpinDragon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i may have missed it, but i don't think the Kramer rattling fix is here. if anyone is interested i can make a quick tutorial on fixing it.

i kno of some people who have had this happen to them in the past and i think it's really annoying to "live with it."
CraZy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey BriGuy. I've just finished working on a new mod, which will solve 2 problems at once. It is for a LP (xbox360, if that matters). So obviously there are problems with the LP and the contacts in the neck. we all know that, and we've seen ways to fix that. multiple "hard-wire" fixes. now the only downside to a hard-wired LP is that we're taking away one of it's key specs, The Detachable Neck. now that the guitar is hardwired, if u try and pull the neck off, u destroy all the work you've spent hours doing.
well, i had an idea for a solution, but never really had the time/patience to work on it. but tonight, my [hardwired] LP was acting up, so i opened it, and found that some of the wires were loose (i guess i didnt do a very good job last year). so i decided to revisit my old idea.
Detachable Hardwired Les Paul
Basically, i used Ethernet wire, and an Ethernet coupler to provide for stability and disconnect-ability. it requires the use of a Dremel, or any other rotary tool, to cut through the plastic to insert the coupler. unfortunately, it took a lot of testing with old guitar necks, but i finally got it down pat. I will post up pictures and a [possible] walk through on how to do it yourself, but I now have a Hardwired, Detachable Les Paul guitar.
and yes, this WILL void your warranty =D

p34nUt

EDIT: Pics

The Guitar - Attached

The Opening - Still attached, but there you can see how to detach. Just poke it with your finger and pull and...

... now you're detached.

Fully detached

The Coupler.

The guts - inside the body.

more guts. inside the neck and the body.

As of now, i just used tape, just to see if it would work. i will be soldering it sometime this weekend and then i will have a completely detachable, completely hardwired, fully functioning, Les Paul. =D

p34nUt

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
enter12  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ve got the double strum problem with my gh:wt guitar. Is it okay if i switch the "strum up" and "strum down" switches since the problem appears only when i strum down repeatedly?
Vykan12  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GH5 guitar is overstrumming all the time. Which link should I be checking? Also, what's the repair cost if I don't want to go to the trouble of disassembling my guitar?
Slagr  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vykan12 wrote:
My GH5 guitar is overstrumming all the time. Which link should I be checking? Also, what's the repair cost if I don't want to go to the trouble of disassembling my guitar?

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57939

I think that, under warranty, you get a new guitar when you trade in the broken one. I don't really know though; I always fixed mine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently found a really good deal on craigs list: GH1, 2, 3 and a kramer guitar controller for $35. and now that ive had it for about 2 weeks and i realized why it was so cheap. the guitar is screwed up(the games are fine though). sometimes when i hold the fret button down, it wont register, or if im playing a sustain, itll drop the note. which one do i go to, and how do i fix it?
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as this is a guitar-related thread...How would one go about making a six-button guitar? I'm completely new to modding, and I have no idea how to do any of it, really. Tips for a newbie?
Slagr  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illiniguy wrote:
Seeing as this is a guitar-related thread...How would one go about making a six-button guitar? I'm completely new to modding, and I have no idea how to do any of it, really. Tips for a newbie?

What would you have the sixth button do?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a game on Newgrounds called Flash Hero, and it uses six frets. The keyboard feeling is horrible though. Somebody has already given me a link to software that allows non-compatible inputs to be compatible with programs, so at this point I just need the actual hardware. Which I have no idea what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: