ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - 360 Hard Week 5 Results - Results Up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fearless wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
At least for a lot of us, since we're playing on 360, you can check the xbl leaderboards to see if the scores match up

what if they dont have xbox live!
ofcourse not everyone has xbox live, but mose people do.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
WolfDawg  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walford wrote:
There is guys like me who haven't played on Xbox live since May because of playing on a bigger and better TV with a sick 5.1 surrond system in my living room as opposed to my computer room where if i want to play XBL i go

Put a wireless network in, that's what I did, you can get wireless adapters for game systems.

Anyway, unfortunate about the possible cheating. Myself, I had to bow out of the league, my guitar is broke. I may not even get another one, just wait for GHIII and Rock Band, not sure yet. Good luck to everyone!
Menace-623  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox live rankings don't really work when most of the player's scores are higher on expert than they ever will get on hard. be nice if they were broken up into difficulties. That's how it is with me, except for a few ridiculous songs like PF or Jordan which I do better on hard. I think mandatory pictures for the playoffs is a good idea; even if someone doesnt own a camera, they can surely get access to their friend's camera, or camera phone at the least.
g30ffr3y  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... 14 possible cheaters!?!?!? thats pretty
ridiculous... there is no point to cheating in a
"for fun" typle league like this...

i play just to make myself practice more since
the majority of you guys can crush me...

i finally got my first hard FC this week [thanks
in part to this league] and i cant even see
where that placed me yet...

grrr... EFF cheaters...
Walford  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolfDawg wrote:
Walford wrote:
There is guys like me who haven't played on Xbox live since May because of playing on a bigger and better TV with a sick 5.1 surrond system in my living room as opposed to my computer room where if i want to play XBL i go

Put a wireless network in, that's what I did, you can get wireless adapters for game systems.

Anyway, unfortunate about the possible cheating. Myself, I had to bow out of the league, my guitar is broke. I may not even get another one, just wait for GHIII and Rock Band, not sure yet. Good luck to everyone!

Can you PM me more on this? I've been trying to do it since i got my 360(October 2006). I don't have the money to dish out 200 on a good router, i've been trying to convince my sister of buying one since she has a notebook in her room and has to come downstairs to use the net all the time.

I have to do the so called "direct connect" Where i take the ethernet from the back of my computer to hook it into the back of my xbox. I'll post a picture when my dad gets home(He uses the digital camera for work, he's a car appraiser)
overlordandm  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you guys know whats cheating and whats not? i mean seriously if someone gets an unusually high score or something maybe they are getting better but whats the deal. how do you get caught cheating?

How do the mods know
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overlordandm wrote:
How can you guys know whats cheating and whats not? i mean seriously if someone gets an unusually high score or something maybe they are getting better but whats the deal. how do you get caught cheating?

How do the mods know

If we said how we caught people, it would make things more difficult, trust me, we have our ways.
FatWilma  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
If we said how we caught people, it would make things more difficult, trust me, we have our ways.

Good. I feel bad that you've gotta do all this extra BS to sift out the cheaters. That shouldn't be necessary. Like g30ffr3y said, I did this league becuase I knew it would make me better. I really don't care if i'm the 5th best or the 45th best player in the hard league. Obviously the competition is fun and what makes it worth while, but if people are cheating a honor system to have a higher ranking in a competition that ultimately means nothing except bragging rights, thats just pointless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good that you all are getting rid of the cheaters but I feel bad that you must go through all this work to do it... maybe we could have a program that would help run the leagues, which we could make it so that when we find out that someone was cheating we could make the program redo all the scores without that person being in it... I could help with the coding of such a program if need be. It doesn't sound like it would be hard to do.
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst chunk of work is done with. We use a spreadsheet that calculates scores, I have the players all removed now. I just have to repost results for all 5 weeks for every affected division.
Undone  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
The worst chunk of work is done with. We use a spreadsheet that calculates scores, I have the players all removed now. I just have to repost results for all 5 weeks for every affected division.

yipie!!! sorry that you have more work elx... but thanks for sticking with it and running a good league!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Chinchilla42
fearless  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx when are younna be able too post the results!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE I NEED TO KNOW HOW I DID!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fearless wrote:
elx when are younna be able too post the results!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE I NEED TO KNOW HOW I DID!!!!
Just chillax man. We'll get the results when we get the results. Until then you might as well just work on this week's songs and just wait patiently.

It's not like this kinda thing is easy to fix up when we're 5 weeks into a season. I am extremely appreciative of all the hard work that our commishes put into these leagues and at the same time do not envy their current position.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
fearless  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALREADY FINISHED THIS WEEKS SONGS!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then calm down and get some sleep son
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: