ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The WSVG on CBS Sports - starting July 29th
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: The WSVG on CBS Sports - starting July 29th Reply with quote

Rock Out on CBS Sports with Guitar Hero II

As soon as you can five-star Buckethead's 'Jordan' on Expert using your teeth, instead of fingers and in front of a huge crowd, you'll be ready to compete at the World Series of Video Games, Presented by Intel!

On July 29th at 12pm ET/9AM PT, CBS will be showing some of the best Guitar Hero II players in North America, as they compete for a piece of the $90,000 prize pot at the WSVG Louisville circuit stop. At the WSVG, the top prizes aren't awarded to the players with the highest scores but rather to the most accurate, stylish and energetic performances as determined by a panel of celebrity judges including MTV Style VJ Coltrane Curtis, legendary video game composer Tommy Tallarico, and Becky "Aktrez" Young, Leading Lady of the Girl Gaming Network.

The event attracted players such as David 'WuLFe' Briers, the number one player on the XBOX leaderboard, Professional Player, Nikolai 'Kov' Shish and Pro Player and Guitar Hero Hottie, Kelly 'Tipper Queen' Law-Yone. Catch a glimpse of Kov playing an amazing rendition of Reverend Horton Heat's 'Psychobilly Freakout' here, as he tries to one-up Wulfe's stellar performance of Rush's 'YYZ' in the finals.

Then, remember to check out the entire show on CBS Sports on Sunday, July 29th at 12pm ET/9AM PT to see all the moves from the players, as well as coverage from the World of Warcraft and Fight Night Round 3. Find out more information about the World Series of Video Games at www.thewsvg.com.<br><br><object><param></param><param></param><embed></embed></object>

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Lo7  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: The WSVG on CBS Sports - starting July 29th Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
[b] the top prizes aren't awarded to the players with the highest scores but rather to the most accurate, stylish and energetic performances

why?

04/20/08 ~ 1st to get 200 FCs across all games! | I HAS VIDZ ON YOUTUBE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Loseven
rkcr  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The WSVG on CBS Sports - starting July 29th Reply with quote

Lo7 wrote:
JCirri wrote:
[b] the top prizes aren't awarded to the players with the highest scores but rather to the most accurate, stylish and energetic performances

why?

It attracts a bigger crowd. Believe me, the crowd is amazing and gets quite riled up when you do amazing performances.

I'm excited to see the broadcast, but I'm also going to be really let down if there's zero footage of me during it. Don't want to tell my friends and family to watch this and then have them not see me at all.
cwo04  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it airing previous places they have went to? like dallas, whatever they went to before that (cant remember). And will it be like a full series that lasts the whole tour?

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rkcr  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwo04 wrote:
So is it airing previous places they have went to? like dallas, whatever they went to before that (cant remember). And will it be like a full series that lasts the whole tour?

It's one hour-long show per location, starting at Louisville. The Dallas showing will be on August 19th.
cwo04  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Sweet. It would be cool if they did Toronto live. But if they don't that means I'll get to watch myself on TV! If I actually make it onto the TV ...

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Confury  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet sweet sweet, can't wait to watch. I better get up in time for this =\
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PenguinMan  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool
Beat Jordan (expert) [59%]
Electric Eye: Guitar Solo E
disneycpalumni  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I wish they would come down towards the south. Around TN, AL or anywhere close by.

I am an official Walt Disney World cast member.
Slashered  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disneycpalumni wrote:
Man I wish they would come down towards the south. Around TN, AL or anywhere close by.

can always watch it on TV =p
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I saw a lot of Kov's YouTube videos but it on TV will be awexome.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be watching it
Jts137  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanhalen1 wrote:
i'll be watching it

me to

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks like a show made by non-gamers, for casual gamers

and wrld of warcraft? lal, they better show nihilum clearing black temple in 2 hours or something else whats the point
Slashered  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pangbulle wrote:
this looks like a show made by non-gamers, for casual gamers

and wrld of warcraft? lal, they better show nihilum clearing black temple in 2 hours or something else whats the point

PvP, not PvE.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy