Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Song Scores, Extended Star Ratings and Cut-Offs FAQ 20080108
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolcoptar  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just something ive noticed that might be worth mentioning: the GH3 5 star cutoff is slightly more than 2.800x, as i have gotten exactly on that and it is a 4 star. I think (not sure) that it is about 2.810 for the 5*, and this could have something to do with the fact that in GH3, held chord notes do not give you points faster than held single notes of same length and same beat.
tma  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolcoptar wrote:
just something ive noticed that might be worth mentioning: the GH3 5 star cutoff is slightly more than 2.800x, as i have gotten exactly on that and it is a 4 star. I think (not sure) that it is about 2.810 for the 5*, and this could have something to do with the fact that in GH3, held chord notes do not give you points faster than held single notes of same length and same beat.

The GH3 cutoff (in single player, anyway) is definitely 2.800x. What you saw was a score that was actually between 2.7995x and 2.7999x, which was rounded up.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
lolcoptar  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, You're right... haha, i just got 2.801x and that was 5*, maybe i should submit those pics as proof since they must have been close to the cutoff
I have a bad feeling piso is gonna be like: "WTF Y", and imma be like "LOLLAR" and then hes gonna squeeze upper bound and imma be like "this is madness?!!" and hes gonna be like "NOE, DTHIS IS SPARTA".
EccentricMeat  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a quick question. I put in one of my scores for TTFAF, but I accidently put in 584*** (I don't remember the last three numbers) but I meant 384*** So I have a top 100 score on expert for that song, but it shouldn't be there. How do I change that score??
RockBand goals
Buy Rockband (X)
Play the hell out of it (X) (But I can only play on the weekends )
Get to expert on drums (X) (I get a good drumset, and I bump up a difficulty. Hmm....)
pk217doc  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricMeat wrote:
I have a quick question. I put in one of my scores for TTFAF, but I accidently put in 584*** (I don't remember the last three numbers) but I meant 384*** So I have a top 100 score on expert for that song, but it shouldn't be there. How do I change that score??

You just need to delete the score that you messed up on and re-submit the correct score. There isn't an edit option for older scores, just view or delete.

Alakaiser wrote:
They should be around some time between now and when they're up.
Dharma  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening.

I have been doing quite some reading on the website about cut-offs and star rating, and I have to say I am amazed by the amount of work that has been done by the community. I love Guitar Hero even though I am new to it, and I love figures, so I couldn't find a better website really :-)

I know most of the members are more interested by the hard and expert modes than easy and medium, but I still have a question concerning those first two difficulties. I have searched around and did not find any answer, hopefully I won't get flamed...

I like the extended star rating system, which allows me to aim for 6 or 7 stars for example, instead of the very limited 5 star from the game. Unfortunately, this extended rating is missing for many songs in the medium difficulty, and most of the song for the easy difficulty for the Xbox 360, which I find very frustrating.

From what I understand, submitting an actual proof is time-consuming and quite tricky, but I see that the Wii version for example, has a lot of cut-offs "derived from proof" (orange scores). Considering that all proven cut-offs for both the Xbox 360 and the Wii are exactly the same, would it be too risky to assume that the cut-offs "derived from proof" for the Wii are the same for the Xbox 360? If so, would it be possible to use those scores for the Xbox 360 and thus allowing the extended star rating system to be available on all songs in the easy and medium difficulties?

I hope I am making sense. If not, please just forget about what I said, I'm just a newbie... :-)

Rergards,
Dharma.
tma  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dharma wrote:
I have been doing quite some reading on the website about cut-offs and star rating, and I have to say I am amazed by the amount of work that has been done by the community. I love Guitar Hero even though I am new to it, and I love figures, so I couldn't find a better website really :-)

Welcome to ScoreHero!

Dharma wrote:
I know most of the members are more interested by the hard and expert modes than easy and medium, but I still have a question concerning those first two difficulties. I have searched around and did not find any answer, hopefully I won't get flamed...

I like the extended star rating system, which allows me to aim for 6 or 7 stars for example, instead of the very limited 5 star from the game. Unfortunately, this extended rating is missing for many songs in the medium difficulty, and most of the song for the easy difficulty for the Xbox 360, which I find very frustrating.

From what I understand, submitting an actual proof is time-consuming and quite tricky, but I see that the Wii version for example, has a lot of cut-offs "derived from proof" (orange scores). Considering that all proven cut-offs for both the Xbox 360 and the Wii are exactly the same, would it be too risky to assume that the cut-offs "derived from proof" for the Wii are the same for the Xbox 360? If so, would it be possible to use those scores for the Xbox 360 and thus allowing the extended star rating system to be available on all songs in the easy and medium difficulties?

I hope I am making sense. If not, please just forget about what I said, I'm just a newbie... :-)

Even though we are fairly sure the derived cut-offs are accurate across PS3, Wii and 360 (and probably PC too) we still require proof on the off chance that one is wrong, and also to allow an avenue for people to accumulate contribution points.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
Dharma  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Welcome to ScoreHero!

Thanks! (Again, actually. You already welcomed me on my first post, but hey, I like that).

tma wrote:
Even though we are fairly sure the derived cut-offs are accurate across PS3, Wii and 360 (and probably PC too) we still require proof on the off chance that one is wrong, and also to allow an avenue for people to accumulate contribution points.

I understand, and that was what I was thinking too. But from what I gather, those "orange" score are not actual proofs either, and there might also be an "off chance" that they are not correct, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a proven (understand screenshoted) cut-off to be validated on every system once proven on one single platform, that indeed wouldn't make much sense. But when it comes to scores derived from proof, since there is still a probability that these score are not exact, I don't see no logical reason not to use them.

And putting up those orange scores derived from proof for the Wii into the Xbox 360 doesn't prevent people to still actually prove these scores and get contribution points, or am I mistaken?

I am sorry if I am not very clear, I don't know how to express this better. But trust me, I'm studying maths, so I'm very concerned by EXACTITUDE ;-)

Regards,
Dharma.

P.S: How were the Wii-derived from proof score calculated? Is there any way to do the same on the Xbox 360? (As you can guess, I want extended rating badly! :-)
Dharma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dharma wrote:
P.S: How were the Wii-derived from proof score calculated? Is there any way to do the same on the Xbox 360? (As you can guess, I want extended rating badly! :-)

Never mind. I somehow skipped that part during my first reading:

tma wrote:
The orange scores indicate a cut-off score that has been calculated from another proof. For example, if the 4 star score for a song has been proven, we can calculate the 5 star from this score. If we prove the 4 star score for a Guitar Hero II song is 20,000, we then know the base score is 10,000 (20,000 divided by 2), and we can derive the 5 star score from that by multiplying the calculated base score by 2.8 (28,000).

So I guess that means no extended ratings as long as at least one of the cut-offs for the song has been proven on a given platform?

tma  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dharma wrote:
tma wrote:
The orange scores indicate a cut-off score that has been calculated from another proof. For example, if the 4 star score for a song has been proven, we can calculate the 5 star from this score. If we prove the 4 star score for a Guitar Hero II song is 20,000, we then know the base score is 10,000 (20,000 divided by 2), and we can derive the 5 star score from that by multiplying the calculated base score by 2.8 (28,000).

So I guess that means no extended ratings as long as at least one of the cut-offs for the song has been proven on a given platform?

Assuming you meant "until" instead of "as long as", then yes.
Dharma  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Assuming you meant "until" instead of "as long as", then yes.

My bad. Thank you for the reply.

Erodyne  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way ScoreHero can take the extended ratings systems for consoles and merge them? What I mean is the I play one the Wii, so therefore some of the scores have not yet been proven on it. Then I look at the PS2's score cutoffs and they have all of them (mostly).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
tma  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erodyne wrote:
Is there a way ScoreHero can take the extended ratings systems for consoles and merge them? What I mean is the I play one the Wii, so therefore some of the scores have not yet been proven on it. Then I look at the PS2's score cutoffs and they have all of them (mostly).

tma wrote:

In short, no. Why not do some proofing?
Tonaplo  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one thing I just dont understand...

I bought myself a PS3 after having played GH on PS2. On the PS2 there are ALOT more people playing then there are on PS3. The PS2 and the 360 have all cut-offs proven and have the extended 6-star rating system. This system was something I enjoyed alot and I was every sorry to learn that it not yet proven for PS3. "Fine", I thought, "I´ll just get the prove them for the PS3". Allthough it will take an INSANE amount of time.

But then I did some research...

If you compare the proven cut-offs for GHIII from the PS3 and the 360, you will note that they are the exact same! There is a difference between the 360 and the PS2 (with about 20 points every time), but they are EXACTLY identical for the 360 and the PS3.

Why dont we just confirm the cut-offs for the PS3 with the perfectly usable proof from the 360? That would be SOO much easier!

Just my thoughts.

Tonaplo

EDIT: Gaah.. Maybe I should read before I post... :P Sry, for that... I´ll get to proving... ;) Just a quick tip: Aim for the cut-off scores from the 360.. ;)
tweekedkenny  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it still possible to get lower than base score? If its based on calculations, than how is it possible? I've been able to get under 80,000 points on Mauvais Garcon and the base score is ~88,000.

My Stream Status
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: