ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - PS2 - League A Playoffs Winners:eblp/mrsat/Riro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stengebt wrote:
...oh my. I'm feeling definite shame...being utterly destroyed by over 100K points in the semi-finals... And I thought I had a chance too, since I improved my own score by somewhere around 50K points or so.

Enough said about that...best of luck to you, eblp4life, I'll be pulling for you in the finals. I'm sure I'll see all of you around here next time.

Edit (a couple hours later): I feel better now since I got the 80's log

Don't feel bad about that, I'd only played that song like 3 times before this week, so I had no bad habits to get rid of when playing it.

Thanks for the support. If I win, I'm not gonna participate in Season 6, I'm pretty much gonna stop playing guitar hero altogether, at least until GH3, which I am completely psyched for.
ChainsawSolo  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Informal Survey? Reply with quote

There were quite a few people around here who did well enough on Carry Me Home last round that they must have been able to FC the fast RY YB RY and the preceding POs in the main riff on a regular basis.
I would like to take some kind of informal survey from those of us who could keep a combo going through that troublesome main riff... Was it easier for you to FC through those sections in 1st home fingering position (index on G) or 2nd home fingering position (index on R)?

The reason I ask is because I couldn't figure out which one was easier for myself, and ended up 50/50ing all the instances of the main riff between the two fingering positions, which in hindsight was probably a bad idea and responsible for most of my plinking problems. I should have just decided upon one style and stuck with it exclusively, but I couldn't make up my damn mind because the forum for Carry Me Home on Expert is tied with one person recommending one way and one person recommending the other. I'd like to know what fingering the majority of players who can actually keep the combo going through the riff really use, just to see if one is favored over the other, and if it even makes a difference at all.
Thank you for your time and attention.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know If I could still do it with my index on the Green.

Index on the Red was cake for me.
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I'm submitted. I put 6 hours into this song over the past 2 days, I'd better win!

Nah. Good Luck, IceShark.

I really hate Solo F, though.
Rirobuge  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've submitted as well, I also put in a lot of time to this song, I just hope I can pull it off.
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 hours left, I hope my score is good enough.

Edit: Passed the deadline, now.
ChainsawSolo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just submitted, and I'm pretty damn proud of how well I did considering I started out three days ago from my first sightread of the song. Regardless of whether I win or lose this thing, I'm also very proud to have been a competitor against all of you guys in this league/season. Good luck to you mrsaturnboing, perhaps we shall meet again sometime next season!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me begins a drum roll

In A1, eblp4life defeated Iceshark7 272,348 - 242,306

In A2, mrsaturnboing defeated ChainsawSolo 230,866 - 221,382

In A3, EmpororBEld was defeated by Rirobuge 189,965 - 226,468
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, great match IceShark7, you don't know how long I practiced that solo.. I was going for a FC, but I could never nail solo F in an actual run.

Congratulations mrsaturnboing and Rirobuge. You definitely earned your titles.
mrsaturnboing  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. It was really close. If I had gone with my backup score I would have lost. Congratulations ChainsawSolo. I know you didn't win, but you got a great score for having played it for the first time only three days ago. Not only that, but you made it through the entire league to the semifinals. You almost had me. Great match, man. Good luck in any future GH endeavors.

As for winning the league, I never thought I'd even make it into the playoffs. It was fun, if not a little frustrating at times. I know it's gotten me better at the game, and I sure as hell know it's caused some improvement in B12ad (although he forgot to submit he probably would have won if he did). I might participate in Season 6, but I'm not completely sure. It all depends on how I feel about playing through another eight weeks of constant competition. Being champion feels great (not to brag). Props to everyone who participated, and I hope this league has tuned up your Guitar Hero skills.
Rirobuge  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I honestly had a lot of doubts about this score. When I first started practicing this I spent like 30 minutes on the solo alone, learning to tap it and getting it 100% consistently. (solo a that is) I could also get everything outside of the solo fc'ed on a regular basis. But whenever I tried to play the solo while doing a run of the song, I'd do miserable. I'd go back into practice to try it again and do it like 5 times in a row perfectly. But still miss it during the song.

Congratulations to everybody. I'm glad to have participated in this, and happy that I was able to go against you EmporerBEld. Maybe I'll see you again in the next league.
EmperorBEld  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had the same issues with the solo, but I never thought of tapping it :P.
For some reason with this song I could not hold a combo for the life of me and I eventually got frusterated and called it quits. It was fun playing with ya guys and I hope the next season is the same. Congratulations Riro
B12ad  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/rant I bet I woulda won, if I didn't get eliminated by default! /rant

Edit: BUT, my skill level did increase about 3 times what I had at the beginning of the league. Besides my ranking is 262th on Expert. So maybe I didn't deserve the win, since I probably belonged in the AA league or something.
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

262nd??

That's like, AA1 Contender, or AAA2 between Contender and Middle of the Pack. Hell, you'd do well in AAA1..
RMacCGH34  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job to all who competed in the playoffs; especially mrsaturnboing and chainsawsolo. Good luck next season and i look forward to seein u guys next season, it was fun for me.
Gold stars on Dani California
X Gold stars on Foreplay/Longtime
X Gold stars on Wanted dead or alive
10 fcs (6)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: