ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
360 HDR/ARK File Structure (NOT DLC!!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorby  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done xorloser!

I've been kind of busy last week due to alot of work and therefore I haven't so much time for coding, so I simply added the support for editing some of the dtb files into my existing tool and was near of releasing the new version when you drop da bomb here. Now I have to reconsider altering my tool again to take advantage of this new functionality
xorloser  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that C++ code can be used in C# code if you make either parts into a dll, so i might look into it and make my codebase into a dll so that you can call it directly from your C# code. If it is a dll then maybe VB coders etc could also interface with it then.

Also next up is the encryption on rockband mogg files. If anyone knows anything about this please post here or PM me as I don't want to waste time working on stuff if someone has already done thew work for me. thx.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems my code also works with the PS3 version of rockband.
the PS3 has disc encryption over its files though which makes extracting the files in order to edit them a bit tricky and as yet there is no way of making working PS3 discs either.

its good to know that if there comes a time when ps3 discs are editable and makable my sourcecode will also work with it. (now we just need wii rockband to be released to see if it works too )

for those who want to have a look at the files present in the PS3 arks, here is a filelist
D1CEx14  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorloser, all i can say is that your a genius and that fully custom guitar hero on 360 is possible because of u.
GS Peace Sells [X]

GH Goals
5* TTFAF [4.9*]
FC Before I Forget [ ]
FC Scream Aim Fire [ ]
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:
it seems my code also works with the PS3 version of rockband.
the PS3 has disc encryption over its files though which makes extracting the files in order to edit them a bit tricky and as yet there is no way of making working PS3 discs either.

its good to know that if there comes a time when ps3 discs are editable and makable my sourcecode will also work with it. (now we just need wii rockband to be released to see if it works too )

for those who want to have a look at the files present in the PS3 arks, here is a filelist

Mmmm, I never looked at something related to PS3 stuff, but I remember reading that the discs are encrypted and that it wasn't actually broken... is this true? Or you're using some "non released" stuff?

Well, as I said, thanks for all your help

About the VGS files, in RB-PS2 they use the "version 4", that seems to be encrypted. I tried one VGS "version 2" in a preview file in PS2 and it did work, so it probably does also on mogg (a integer in the start of the pre-Ogg header is different, I suppose that it's version).

I haven't tried a custom song in PS2 because the VGS files are interleaved in the PSS, the only PSS editing tool only works with WAV as input (it encodes it to XA ADPCM, and I don't want that), and I haven't been able to determine too much about the format (and I also haven't found anything about it).

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Gorby  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:
I've read that C++ code can be used in C# code if you make either parts into a dll, so i might look into it and make my codebase into a dll so that you can call it directly from your C# code. If it is a dll then maybe VB coders etc could also interface with it then.

I have tried/researched on how to compile your unmanaged C++ code into a .dll and call it from managed C# but sofar I haven't got it to work. I will continue with this later when I get more time off.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update, v5.1 of the tools and sourcecode.
Now included is a GUI to make this more accessable for people who don't like the command line. I am not much of a GUI coder, so hopefully it will work well enough. It's not made to replace existing Guitar Hero tools, but to complement them. Please let me know of any bugs.

Screenshot
Staff Edit: Removed. Read more here.

When I looked closer into making a dll usable by managed code such as C# and VB etc, I realised that i would have to provide a function style interface to the dll instead of the object styled interface that the code currently has. For this reason I've decided to not make a dll. This doesn't mean it can't be done, just that it can't be done and used the way i was hoping :/

As for PS3 disc reading, yes the discs do have an *optional* encryption layer that is not yet broken. This encryption layer is present on the Rockband hdr and ark files and so the files had to be read out from inside a PS3. I don't plan to discuss this further other than to say that the PS3 files WILL work with my sourcecode and tools, but that this layer of disc encryption needs to be removed first.
nickb611  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since xorloser has been generous enough to supply the community with his program, he has realized that it deserves its own thread, located here:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58354
Since the file formats have clearly been figured out, I feel it's appropriate to lock this thread now. If anybody feels this thread should be unlocked, PM me. Direct yourself you that thread for support regarding xorloser's tools.

Locked.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: