ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
360 HDR/ARK File Structure (NOT DLC!!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uchihazor  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah great stuff Gorby and co. Your hard work will no doubt evolve so that yourself and others can really get the 360 custom-song community kick-started. Keep it going fellas :P
smellsam44  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you guys don't really have to worry about the XBOX live boards. they're already hacked so it really doesn't matter
nickb611  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smellsam44 wrote:
well you guys don't really have to worry about the XBOX live boards. they're already hacked so it really doesn't matter

It's a glitch which they're fully aware of and will probably right themselves soon enough.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Gorby  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short update: The injection tool is almost done and it seems to work really nice.

update: I took a screenshot of the tool today, you can take a sneak-peek of it here: http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6059/gh360byu8.jpg

There are still some small things that I want to change in the code, the GUI might also get a slight change and also one or two features that I would like to add, then its done. It shouldn't take too long to fix it anyway.
dervampyre  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more news?
Gorby  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dervampyre wrote:
any more news?

Yes, the tool has been out for a week now, I started a new thread when I released it. You can find all info here: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23328
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: GH2 crypting Reply with quote

i've had a look at the hdr and ark files on and off over the last week and had some success with them.

from what ive worked out so far they are both encrypted using the same crypt routines. these routines do not involve 0xBAADBAAD, but they are a kind of rotating xor. this means that the same routine will both encrypt and decrypt these files.

the hdr file once decrypted only seems to hold a file table (ie filenames and what are probabaly offsets and locations for these dirs and files)

the encrypted part at the start of the ark file is where the song names and artist names etc are stored.
nickb611  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: GH2 crypting Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:
the hdr file once decrypted only seems to hold a file table (ie filenames and what are probabaly offsets and locations for these dirs and files)

It is known that the HDR file is a directory listing of where the files are in the ARK file. Curious, what else have you been able to conclude?

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: GH2 crypting Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:

... which implies you've been able to decrypt the hdr file (!). Would you care to share what the algorithm is or some code to do it? This is awesome news.

Incidently the ARK file is not encrypted - at least not entirely. The ARK file is just a file container, so it may be that individual files within the container are also encrypted, but certainly not the entire thing.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you can get the crypt tool which test the decrypt algo www.xorloser.com/GH2Crypt.rar

its a win32 command line app, use it like this:
(note you use it the same way to decryt and encrypt since the process works both ways)

decrypt:
GH2Crypt main.hdr main.decrypted

encrypt:
GH2Crypt main.decrypted. main.encrypted

as you mentioned the ark file contains multiple files, so maybe there is a flag in the hdr's filetable that specifies if a file is encrypted or not.

you can run this same crypt tool on teh main_0.ark file, but only the first "file" or "block" will decrypt. the next block starts at 0x1525, so if you extract some bytges frmo here onwards and run the crypt tool on it, you can decrypt the 2nd "file" or "block".

is there existing info about teh contents of hdr files from say the ps2 version? (im assuming the ps2 version had a decrypted hdr file)
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decrypter worked beautifully! You're a legend. I don't suppose you've tried this on the Rock Band hdr file?

Yes. There is a fair amount of detail on the PS2 format here: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1179

I've tried GHex and Ark Expander on the decrypted main.hdr file without success. My guess would be endian differences or slight changes in the hdr format or file offsets in the ark file, but these should be fairly easy to work around.

I'm going to try and adapt my unwad.pl (gh3) script to process the hdr/ark instead.

Last edited by tma on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ive worked out a little bit of the header file format now, and the crypt init value change does indeed occur at the start of a file.

so based on the header file i should be able to decrypt the required parts of the ark file correctly. ive not found a flag to show that file is "encrypted" yet, but if i do then hopefully we can just set these all to "unencrypted" and then just decrypt the files and leave them unencrypted.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah great that ps2 header info is the same as the xbox360 one. the only real difference is that the xbox360 one has a 32bit crypt init value at the start of it. if you remove the first 4 bytes of the decrypted header it would probably work in existing tools (although maybe those tools would also require a decrypted ark file)
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:
ah great that ps2 header info is the same as the xbox360 one. the only real difference is that the xbox360 one has a 32bit crypt init value at the start of it. if you remove the first 4 bytes of the decrypted header it would probably work in existing tools (although maybe those tools would also require a decrypted ark file)

Ghex still doesn't like it, but ARKExpander does. Extracting it now. I have to head out for a while, but things are looking good.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

list of files including size and offsets into main_0.ark:
www.xorloser.com/gh2_main_ark_filelist.txt
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: