ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
360 HDR/ARK File Structure (NOT DLC!!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teancum wrote:
So I suppose it would be the bane of foolishness to ask whether the ability to completely decrypt/recrypt the hdr/ark would allow for inserting new files into the ark (such as character skins or additional songs). I know GHex can't, but I wasn't sure if we are getting to the point of understanding this HDR/ARK better.

The possibility to add new files in the ARK has been always present. Just than no one has coded something to do it.

What xorloser posted is a tool that allows to decrypt/encrypt some of the files that Harmonix started to use in GH2-360 (I hope that that will get a good customization level soon ), and are also used in RB.

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
xorloser  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah seems my problem was 64bit fileio heh. once i fixed that up, all ps2 dtbs decrypt properly.
Elite772  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else been having issues with the programs?

Ark Tool I was able too see all the files scroll through extremely fast then the window closes really fast. BUT I was able to stop it and see what it was.

GH2Tool just opens a window for a split second and closes really fast and so does GH2Crypt. Am I doing something wrong?
FoG  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite772 wrote:

Ark Tool I was able too see all the files scroll through extremely fast then the window closes really fast. BUT I was able to stop it and see what it was.

GH2Tool just opens a window for a split second and closes really fast and so does GH2Crypt. Am I doing something wrong?
Try using command line.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
nickb611  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite772 wrote:

This stuff is clearly not for you, so don't bother.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Elite772  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... Thanks anyway. I got it to show up in the cmd prompt but I can't actually type in the usage that it displays. But I guess I must be doing something wrong if it's not for me. I'll just wait.

Last edited by Elite772 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
nickb611  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elite772 wrote:
It still does it. Am I typing it in right?

In Start>Run I typed in:
Code:
file:///H:\"dir1"\"dir2"\Guitar_Hero2\Ark_tool\GH2Tool\Gh2tool.exe

But a window quickly opens and shuts again.

Refer to my above post. You need to cd to the directory of the program, while in the command line.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Elite772  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured that out after further research, thanks. Sorry to pose a problem.

EDIT: Wow... I feel stupid... I just figured it out... flame away
Gorby  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work xorloser, you have really made us 360 owners happy!

I will look into ways of integrating your existing tool with my GH360 program, or even better if I we could get the sourcecode for it
jonbusby  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so ive unpacked everything using the gh2tool, but it wont work when I try to use my cracked.hdr(The one I ran through ghcrypt), also, is there a program that might let use alter the milo files, i tried to use the one for ps2 but it has to have the ps2 extension at the end, also, would it be possible for me to replace the ogg's and mid's manually with the help of gorby's 360 tool (becuase there are co op moogs i would like to replace) then repack it using the gharktool, and inject into the game file using xbox backup creator???

just a thought
Gorby  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've created a test application that opens the songs.dtb file and allows the user to change the songname and artist for any song (as the DTB editing tools for the ps2 doesn't seem to work on the 360 files). I havent tried the changes in a burned game yet but will later on.

Anyway, I will merge this test app with my current GH360 tool and try to get a nice new version out later on.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to post my source once its completed. I was just going to do a test app showing how to use the crypt code, but it has turned into full hdr/ark handling code (C++). This allows you to do the following file operations on any ps2/xbox360 hdr/ark file:

* extract an existing file
* insert a new file
* remove an existing file
* replace an existing file with a new one

All these are done without having to write out the results of the operations until you want to do so. Basically you do an "open" on the ark/hdr, do a bunch of insert/extract/remove/replace operations and then "save" the result or "save as" the result to a new ark/hdr file.

I have just done the file handling code and a command line test app to show how to use it. I will release the full source and hopefully people can then make their own gui frontends for it.

As for dtb files, they are the same as on the ps2 however they use different encryption. If you decrypt the xbox360 dtb files and reencrypt them using the ps2 crypt functions, then ps2 dtb editors do work on them.
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been testing my code with the following ark/hdr files:
ps2: gh1, gh2, gh80s
x360: gh2, rockband

if anyone has any other games that have ark/hdr files please PM me. (i've read that karaoke revolution also has these files..)
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorloser wrote:
i've been testing my code with the following ark/hdr files:
ps2: gh1, gh2, gh80s
x360: gh2, rockband

if anyone has any other games that have ark/hdr files please PM me. (i've read that karaoke revolution also has these files..)

RB-PS2

As I said, it's HDR v4 (I did notice that the 3rd DWORD and the 4th is the same )

Differences:

- The version in the header is 4 (of course)
- File offsets are 8-byte
- ARK filesizes (in the header, not for the files) are 8-byte

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
xorloser  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone ever made a program which edited hdr files? (by which i mean added or removed files or swapped ordering?

my code is finished, but changes to the hdr file always cause the game to crash. it would appear that file order as well as string order is important. i am hoping someone may have already looked into this previously to save me having to reverse what the requirements are for ordering of file and strings. here is some info on what causes crashes and what is ok:

ok:
* change the key for encryption on hdr file (this means the key isnt used for anything such as a crc or ordering info)
* change the key for encryption on dtb fiels inside ark (this means the key isnt used for anything such as a crc or ordering info)

crashes:
* reversed the order of file entries
* removed string offsets that are not referenced by any file entries

there are a lot more string offsets than are referenced which is weird, many of these also point to the first string in the string table which is the empty string (ie not a filename). no file entries point to the offsets which opint to the empty string.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: