ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 3: what allows Hammer Ons & Pull Offs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathsnapper  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 3: what allows Hammer Ons & Pull Offs? Reply with quote

I just finished working on a custom song, and was disappointed to find a lot of notes that I wanted to be HOPO-able needed to be picked. It seems only 16th notes and faster can be hammered, and at 200 bpm this doesn't allow very many. I know I should have checked this before I went and finished the chart and synced everything, it was a mistake.

I recalled discussions some months back about it being related to the bpm of the first beat of the song. I tried lowering it down to 50. No dice. So I tried raising it to 400. Still nothing.

I couldn't find anything in search, although I probably didn't dig deep enough. I went through the first 5 pages under searchs of "gh3 hopo" "gh3 hammer" "hammer" and "hopo", searched under the Software section. Yes I read the FAQ, but that seems to refer to GH2 which seems to have a different system.

Does GH3 determine whether a note is HOPO-able based on the tempo during that, or those (including the hammered/pulled to) notes? Does it have to do with the first beat? Or is there another way?

Also if it has to do with the tempo during the notes, is there any way to lower the tempo without having to rechart the entire song?
charliehorse55  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about this, but there was a thread a week ago about this. You can set the HOPO level through a certain dtb file, independent of the BPM. Anarchy in the U.K. is an example of a song that uses a different HOPO setup than default. Look around in GHex and try to find the file.

Nice job on the chart btw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's talking about GH3 - Use this! (I'm really excited it actually works )

Deathsnapper  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, that really saved me on this chart. But could you explain what defines an automatically placed hammer on or pull off in GH3 for future charts?

Thanks a lot for the program, by the way. Getting on that now so that I can start a new song sooner

Edit: Also, I'm playing GH3 on the PC. If I change the chart into a .qb won't that make it impossible to import it with the songlist editor? I don't know much about that stuff, so I'm just making sure.

Edit 2: From reading the rest of that thread and the posts in it I see that it wont work on GH3 PC.
Leff  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything shorter than an 8th note will be a hopo by default.

gurkos  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it can be used to work with gh3 pc after all...
leff, how does your program work; does it change the bpm for the sections where i want forced HOPOs (thats the idea i got from your post in your songEditor thread)
Quote:

Imperfections/Limitations:
- Typically tons of bpm changes when exporting a .chart. While this isn't an imperfection (it's actually being a perfectionist), it's not very asthetically pleasing. The sync will be spot on though.

or does it make use of the bitflags for gh3 midi as outlined in the
MID QB FILE SPECIFICATION?

If it is the latter; would it be possible to implement a .chart -> .mid (not mid.qb.ps2) converter (maybe i could do that if you allow me to mess around in your code) or would that be futile because songlist editor wouldn't swallow it anyways?

EDIT: If it's the first a .chart -> .mid converter would still be helpful
Leff  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gurkos wrote:
maybe it can be used to work with gh3 pc after all...
leff, how does your program work; does it change the bpm for the sections where i want forced HOPOs (thats the idea i got from your post in your songEditor thread)
Quote:

Imperfections/Limitations:
- Typically tons of bpm changes when exporting a .chart. While this isn't an imperfection (it's actually being a perfectionist), it's not very asthetically pleasing. The sync will be spot on though.

or does it make use of the bitflags for gh3 midi as outlined in the
MID QB FILE SPECIFICATION?

If it is the latter; would it be possible to implement a .chart -> .mid (not mid.qb.ps2) converter (maybe i could do that if you allow me to mess around in your code) or would that be futile because songlist editor wouldn't swallow it anyways?

EDIT: If it's the first a .chart -> .mid converter would still be helpful

That part's got nothing to do with hopos at all... It's just that my algorithm for converting from mpq to bpm for charts is really precise, so every other bar in the .chart has a new bpm. Hopos are put in with the bit flag, not by manipulating the bpm. And I already have a chart to mid converter, it's just useless for GH3 because it doesn't use mid files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: