ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 - S5 - XH Playoff Thread - Winners:psxfreak/overlordandm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXGhostXx  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait to see who wins Overlord or Walford? Only time will tell lol Im personally rooting for Walford (no offense overlord) because I think he is the underdog here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you not many people in league 2 are actually rooting for me ive learned to deal with it. I was placed there as a beginner. not even having the eyeball yet. but about two-three weeks into the league I earned the trusty log. I have 4 stars on Jordan and Six(BTW my only 4 stars on expert). So I think I was placed in B-2 league as B-2 league material. but I think i actually could be a pretty good competitor in the B-1 league. I dont know if id make it to the playoffs but probably pretty close. so offense none taken. BTW only reason I had a low score on war pigs is because I played it once with almost no knowledge of a star power path. so w/e
Walford  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support Ghost, much apperciated. The league has helped me improve vastly as a guitar hero player, i'm hoping to make the jump to expert or hard 1 next time around, even if i'm near the bottom. I love the challenge.

I completely get where your coming from overlord, it is true though it isn't your fault as you had no say, and others improve at the game faster then others (my girlfriend is just starting medium after 2 months, my brother was playing hard at 1 day).

I've never felt so satisfied with a score i've gotten. I don't care if i win or lose, because it was damn fun trying to getting that score, strategically using star power, breaking down the parts i'd always mess up on before(the gallop, which is now my beotch ) I'd just wish i had a video camera there recording when i got the score!!!!

The celebration after was pretty funny. I just through my hands up in the air saying YES!!!! YES!!! and went out the door to go and jump in my pool as a sorta celebratory "coach gatorade bath"(i had my swim shorts on already). With the humidex, it was well over 40 today(just over 100 for you americans). Couple that with my parents refusing to turn on the air, because of the whole pool thing, and you have "Guitar Hero II: Exercise the demons!"

You know what though? These are the moments that make this game great. Trying to beat that high score, mastering the song, that when you first played it, you thought was never possible, singing out loud and cranking that song in your house when no one's home, hearing a song on the radio and automatically rating if it'd be a good guitar hero song or not.

These are just a few things i love about this game, never have a played a video game(and never will, i exclude future releases and rock band) that gives me these types of experiences. Yes it is pushing buttons, but it is really much more then that.

I'd like to end with Wishing luck to all the other users in their playoff rounds, and i'm right with you overlord. Lets hope this is one for the ages.

Thank you,

Patrick
Undone  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see people getting enjoyment out of playing!

Congrats on your score Patrick!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Chinchilla42
elx  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results are up.
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel like such a dumbass. i thought they were due tuesday night. so i sent in my bad score at like 11:59pm tuesday and was sad i wasn't going to be in the finals. but i check back here at 10pm to see if the result were up and notice they're due tonight. so i play away and get a decent run, prolly still wont make finals tho.

well i made it to the solo without a miss 3 times. messed up at easy parts every time. easy places too. and my best one i messed up one time after that. right before sp use. good luck to brock and psx. thanks to elx for doing this league.

oh and and my actuall score was 344666? but elx already made the chart with my first score on it, although that doesnt really matter.

Last edited by McSkinny on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Walford  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man! it was close! oh well.

Congrats overlord, good luck in the finals!!!!

gahhh, if i wouldn't have bombed that last week, we would have been playing in the finals, and not the semi's!

Thank you very much to ELX, the dedication you put into the league is unbelievable. It really sucks to see that you had to deal with the whole cheating debaucle close to the end of the season.

Six should be fun!

I'll be back for Season 6, can't wait! wether it be for Guitar Hero 3, or Guitar Hero 2.

Great season and good luck to the finalists,

Patrick
overlordandm  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the last song would some song that I hate alot. I actually had a feeling it would be Six. I hate that song time to step my game up.

I also knew that In the end it was either going to be me and Cam101 or somebody else and Cam101. lol. well the top 2 B-2 league players made it to the finals. Weve fought for the top spot a couple times this season. well good luck Cam101.

and Walford. I totally thought that was a lucky run. my first 7th set FC. Actually you wouldve beat me if i didnt play the song one more time last night. just so you know i think you were the competitor i feared i would lose against this season the most. and to tell the truth that probably was the most competition I got all season. and im not just kidding around.

This was a great season. I hope this is a close end even if i do lose.

thanks everyone.

and Walford if you decide to join an expert season ill see you there. I have a feeling we would probably end up in the same bracket anyway.

PEACE.
Undone  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck brock.. i suck at six anyways! haha goodluck to you

Also.. goodluck to you PSX!

congrats to you both
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Chinchilla42
xXGhostXx  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overlordandm wrote:
I bet you not many people in league 2 are actually rooting for me ive learned to deal with it.

Aw, don't go and say that no one is rooting for ya buddy I'm just going for our Canadian friend because he is the underdog in this bout. You have amazing skill! There is most likely a bunch of people watching all leagues like I am watching this one, that are totally betting on your win over Walford. Don't put ya self down like that mate.

EDIT: This post is kinda past tense now isn't is? Ha! I posted the same time of results lol. But GJ Overlord and Walford and everyone else

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think that's the first time I've been embarrased to submit a score. I'm convinced I'm going to break my strum bar before I ever hold a combo through the gallop. Oh well, coming into the league I needed 20 songs to get my eyeball. I now end the league needing 20 songs to get my log so at least thats something. Good luck in the finals!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancy that, Six for the final.

Good luck Brock
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......hmmm.....yeah.......

Okay, well first of all who called what the final song was going to be during the first week (me)...

And now it comes down to a player whose 5* it twice in his life (me) and a player whose FCed it (psx) in one league, and in the other league we got my brother Cam101 (whose never 5* it) against overlordandm (whose currently beating my score by almost 30k)

Don't even bother playing offline this week psx, and I'm not saying this just to try and catch you off guard. I consistantly get ~175k and managed to somehow pull a 215k out my ass when I FCed the bridge through the solo for the first time. We (my brother and I) both completely 100% suck at this song but there's nothing wrong with 2nd, right .

Well, this league thing has been fun anyway and I'll definately be doing it again and who knows, it's already helped me FC two of my worst songs, Crazy on You and the Trooper, but all great things must come to an end.

Finally, big thanks to elx for making this whole thing happen and...

BIG CONGRATS TO YOUR TWO CHAMPIONS PSXFREAK101 AND OVERLORDANDM!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Brock
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srry thought this was Cam101's account lol

Last edited by Brockbfball1563 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Brock
Cam101  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... this is going to be...fun. As Brock said I suck at this song. I havent even fricken 5 stared it! But i will try my best to get that score up.

Good luck to overlord. Not that you need it with my score. lol.

Also good luck to psx versin my bro. not that you need it either

And also thanks to Elx for managing this league, Its been a lot of fun and I will probably be in it next season!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: