ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The comprehensive Guitar Hero acronym/abbreviation thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: The comprehensive Guitar Hero acronym/abbreviation thread! Reply with quote

This thread was created so that members could easily find an acronym that they did not understand. To make your search easier, hold down the 'ctrl' button and press F. This function will enable you to easily find the song/acronym you're looking for. If you can't find the acronym you're looking for in here, it's either a Rock Band acronym, in which case you'll find it in IxXN3M3515XxI's Rock Band Acronyms/Abbreviations/Definitions/Terms! thread, or it's not a ScoreHero acronym, in which case I recommend you use this nifty internet slang translator. I hope you find this useful, and if you have any questions or suggestions for an acronym to add, feel free to PM me or post in this thread. Enjoy!

Extremely long GH acronym list, listed in alphabetical order:

1, 2, 3, 4: This refers to the 4 fingers that are used to play Guitar Hero. 1 is the index finger, 2 is the middle finger, 3 is the ring finger, and 4 is the pinky finger.
1st position: This refers to the finger positions that are commonly used. 1st position puts the 4 fingers on the first 4 fret buttons (GRYB).
2nd position: This refers to the finger positions that are commonly used. 2nd position puts the first 4 fingers on the last 4 fret buttons (RYBO).
-x (where x is a number in the comment section of someone's scores): Indicates that they missed that many notes in that particular song.
x-x-x (where x are numbers, such as 1-2-3 or any variation thereof): Indicates the Star Power path for the song mentioned in context. For example, if the Star Power path for Free Bird is 1-2-3, that would mean that you should gain 1 SP phrase, activate, gain 2 SP phrases, activate, and gain 3 SP phrases, activate.
-C: Minus Celsius
3&7: 3's and 7's
17: Seventeen
18&L: 18 And Life
AB: Arterial Black
AITUK: Anarchy in the U.K.
Alternative Strumming: Alternative strumming, also known as Alternate Strumming or Alt-strumming, is a method in which you strum both up and down. This method is used to hit more notes in fast passages in songs such as Misirlou, Six, or The Light That Blinds.
AoS: Ace of Spades
AoT: All of This
B: Blue fret button
BatH: Beast and the Harlot
BatM: Bark at the Moon
Battle Axe: This in-game guitar can only be obtained by passing all career songs on Expert in GH1.
BB: Ballroom Blitz
BDB: Billion Dollar Babies
BIF: Before I Forget
BIM: Because, It's Midnite
BMW: Black Magic Woman
BNoF: Blue Note of Freedom. This is the blue sustain at the end of the difficult Jordan solo, indicating that you have survived the solo and are about to beat Jordan.
BOP: Bulls on Parade
BPM: Beats per minute. A term most often used by SH members who map out SP paths, where a high BPM depletes SP quicker.
BPP: Barfo Proof Project. This project was created by Barfo prior to the release of GH3 so that proofs could be found more quickly.
BR: Bad Reputation
BS: Black Sunshine
BTM: Behind The Mask
BTTW: Balls To The Wall
BW: Bathroom Wall
BYH: Bang Your Head
CBS: Can't Be Saved
CC: Carcinogen Crush
CFH: Cowboys From Hell
ChR: Cherub Rock
CIAM: Caught In A Mosh
CMH: Carry Me Home
COFRAR: Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
COD: Cliffs of Dover
COP: Cult of Personality
CotC: Cheat on the Church
COWS: Carry On Wayward Son
CoY: Crazy on You
CP: Cherry Pie
CR: Caveman Rejoice
Cx (where x is a number): Also known as a "compressed" or "controlled" activation, these activations require you to not whammy for the full duration of an SP sustain. For example, Cities On Flame With Rock & Roll has a lazy whammy path of 3-C2-2-2-2 (which can be viewed here). On the chart, it means that you would stop whammying where the phrase changes from green to yellow/red, so that when you activate SP, your activation does not run over the next phrase.
CYHMK: Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
DHB: Don't Hold Back
DLC: Downloadable Content. Refers to any and all songs that were not included in the retail discs for GH2-360 and GH3 that requires downloading to obtain. Currently only available for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
DND: Down n' Dirty
DU: Drink Up
E: Refers to the "Easy" difficulty on all Guitar Hero games.
Early Whammying: This refers to hitting an SP sustain early in order to obtain more SP. This is only possible in GH1/GH2/GH80's, because in GH3 each SP sustain only gives a certain amount of SP. Again, in GH1/GH2/GH80's it is possible to get more SP by whammying earlier, but not in GH3.
EB: Elephant Bones
EE: Electric Eye
EF: Even Flow
EIFL: Eureka, I've Found Love
ER: Even Rats
ESx (where x is a number): Also known as an "end skip", this indicates that this particular SP phrase will go unused at the end of the song. Some activation paths will result in one leftover star power phrase at the end of the song, such as Mississippi Queen's 2-2-2-ES1 path (which can be viewed here), where the last phrase goes unused.
EWWS: Ernten Was Wir Säen
The Eyeball: This in-game guitar can only be obtained by 5-starring all career songs on Hard in GH2.
FB: Free Bird
FC: Full Combo. This refers to hitting 100% of the notes in a given song and not breaking your multiplier throughout.
FCP: F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
FIU: Fire It Up
FLW: Famous Last Words
FM: Farewell Myth
FoP: Fall of Pangea
FOTW: Fly On The Wall
G: Green fret button
GenR: Generation Rock
GH: Guitar Hero
GHI/GH1: Guitar Hero 1 (for the PS2)
GHII/GH2: Guitar Hero 2 (for the PS2)
GH2-360: Guitar Hero 2 (for the Xbox 360)
GH80's/GH:RT80's: Guitar Hero: Rocks The 80's (for the PS2)
GH3: Guitar Hero 3 (for the PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and PC/Mac)
GH4: Guitar Hero 4 does not exist as of this post. If people are using the term GH4 in context, they are most likely referring to Guitar Hero: World Tour (GH:WT)
GH:A: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (for the PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii)
GH:OT: Guitar Hero: On Tour (for the Nintendo DS)
GH:WT: Guitar Hero: World Tour (for the PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii)
GHG: Guitar Hero Game, or the official GH site. Also referred to as the GHG forums.
GR2R: Get Ready 2 Rokk
GSSOD: Green Star Streak of Death. This is the long section of green SP notes found in measures 130-133 of Raining Blood on Expert, which can be seen here.
GTF: Go That Far
Guitar God: This title is obtained when you 5-star all career songs on Expert, though many people generalize it to mean that you've 5-starred all songs on Expert (including bonus songs).
H: Refers to the "Hard" difficulty on all Guitar Hero games.
H18: Hangar 18
HD: Holy Diver
HFoB: Heart Full of Black
HG: Higher Ground
HIC: Holiday In Cambodia
HKA: Heir Kommt Alex
HMWYBS: Hit Me With Your Best Shot
HOL: Hold On Loosely
HOPO/HO|PO: Refers to Hammer Ons/Pull offs, which are a series of notes that can be played without having to strum.
HOTM: Heat Of The Moment
HSB: Heart Shaped Box
HY: Hey You
IITB: I'm in the Band
IL: In Love
ILR&R: I Love Rock & Roll
ITBOAS: In the Belly of a Shark
IWBS: I Wanna Be Sedated
IWR: I Wanna Rock
El Jefe: This in-game guitar can only be obtained by 5-starring all career songs on Expert in GH3.
JIHKY: Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
JtF: John the Fisherman
KitN: Killing in the Name
KOC: Knights of Cydonia
KT: Kool Thing
KQ: Killer Queen
KttC: Kicked to the Curb
LA: Los Angeles
LD: Lay Down
LG: La Grange
LITN: Lonely Is The Night
The Log: Referring to "The Log", which exists only in GH2 and GH:80's Edition. This in-game guitar is only unlockable by 5-starring all career songs (not including bonus songs) on Expert.
LP: The guitar controller that came with the 360, PS3 and Wii versions of GH3. The controller is modeled after the Gibson Les Paul, hence why it is called the "LP".
LTMR: Less Talk More Rokk
LtR: Laid to Rest
LW: Life Wasted
M: Refers to the "Medium" difficulty level on all Guitar Hero games.
MC: My Curse
MiaB: Message in a Bottle
MFI: Mr. Fix It
MG: Mauvais Garcon
MHL: Metal Heavy Lady
MM: Miss Murder
MNIJ: My Name is Jonas
MQ: Mississippi Queen
MTaF: More Than a Feeling
MW: Monkey Wrench
NBAGT/ANBAGT: Nothin But A Good Time. For some reason, the GH series decided to add "Ain't" to the title. Both acronyms are used.
NFMH: Nothing For Me Here
NN: Next Note. This acronym is used solely in the SP path forums, and it means that you are supposed to activate SP on the next note after you pick up the last SP phrase for that activation.
NOK: No One Knows
NOLY: No One Like You
NOTB/#OTB: Number of the Beast
NPS: Notes per second. Often used by SH members to describe songs (or sections of songs) that require fast strumming. Songs with notoriously high NPS sections are BATH, Trogdor, and BB.
NS: Note Streak. This refers to the amount of notes that you play in a row without resetting your multiplier.
O: Orange fret button
OAL: Only A Lad
OftR: One for the Road
OSSOD: Orange Star Streak Of Death. This refers to the series of Orange SP notes in measure 59 of Texas Flood on Hard and Expert.
P&J: Pride and Joy
PF: Psychobilly Freakout
PFO: Pro Face-Off, a mode of playing against other people in GH.
PHIH: Putting Holes In Happiness
PIB: Paint It Black
PK: Possum Kingdom
PoM: Peace of Mind
POTR: Prayer of the Refugee
PPLL: Push Push (Lady Lightning)
PT: Police Truck
PWM: Play With Me
R: Red fret button
R&R: Round & Round
R&RHK: Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo
RABL: Raining Blood
RaL: Radar Love
RARAN: Rock and Roll All Nite
RB: Rock Band
RD: Raw Dog
RE: Radium Eyes
RL: Red Lottery
RoA: Rock of Ages (Live)
RS: Radio Song
RTT: Rock This Town
RYLAH: Rock You Like a Hurricane
S2/SII: Synchronicity II
S&D/SaD: Search and Destroy
SatD: Shout at the Devil
SBTD: She Bangs the Drums
SCOM: Sweet Child O' Mine
SCM: Spanish Castle Magic
SDM: Sharp Dressed Man
SG: The PS2 guitar controller that came in a bundle for GH1 and GH2. The controller is modeled after the Gibson SG, hence why it is called the "SG".
SH: ScoreHero
Sightread: This refers to the first time you ever play a song, such as when you first obtain a new GH game. Since it is the first time you have ever played the song, you are mostly "playing by sight", or "reading the notechart" based on sight, not practice and muscle memory.
SMBH: Super Massive Black Hole
SMK: Suck My Kiss
SO: School's Out
SOD: Symphony Of Destruction
SOML: Story of My Love/Story of My Life. Yes, I know there are two songs for one acronym. There really isn't much you can do about it, you'll just need to discern which song they're talking about through the context in which it's given. If they're talking about GH1, they're talking about Story of My Love. If they're talking about GH3, they're talking about Story of My Life.
SOSAD: Same Old Song and Dance
SOTW: Smoke On The Water
SOYL: Sunshine of Your Love
SP: Star Power
Spread: The spread, a column seen on the ScoreHero leaderboards, is the amount of points between that person and the person above them. For example, if the spread between you and the top player on Jordan is 100,000, that means that their score is 100,000 points above yours.
Squeeze/squeezing: Squeezing is a way to utilize a note's timing window in order to "squeeze" more notes into an SP phrase. To squeeze, you must activate SP as late as possible during a note's timing window (the note that you activate SP on), though still hitting that note under SP, so that you can squeeze the last note of that activation by hitting the note (the last one in the activation) as early as that note's timing window allows. If successful, you will have achieved more points by hitting more notes under SP. A more in-depth explanation can be found here.
SR: Slow Ride
Sx (where x is a number): Also known as a "skip", this SP phrase will be skipped as a result of one activation running over a SP phrase, such that it is "skipped" between other activations. For example, in My Name Is Jonas 2-2-S1-2-2-S1 SP path (which can be viewed here), the fifth SP phrase is skipped, as well as the final phrase in the song. This is sometimes referred to as an activation "overwriting" a SP phrase.
SYSB: Sail Your Ship By
Tapping: Tapping refers to using both the fretting AND strumming hand on the fret buttons to hit difficult sections of songs that, under most circumstances, cannot be hit with only the fretting hand. The most famous songs that use tapping are You Really Got Me, Jordan, and Through the Fire and Flames.
TB: Them Bones
TBW: The Breaking Wheel
TDTM: Talk Dirty to Me
TDWDTG: The Devil Went Down to Georgia
TF: Texas Flood
TH: Thunderhorse
TIGRYT: Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
TIHID: This Is How I Disappear
TIO: Take It Off
Tick: A unit of hold points. At a x1 multiplier, it is worth 1 point. It is most commonly seen as a unit of 4 points, considering that those who discuss it are attempting to obtain ticks in addition to achieving an FC, which requires maintaining a x4 multiplier throughout the song.
TJ: Turning Japanese
TK65: Thunder Kiss 65
TLB: Tattooed Love Boys
TLTB: The Light That Blinds
TMO: Take Me Out
TNB: The New Black
Trippin'/TOaHiaPH: Trippin On a Hole in a Paper Heart
TTFAF: Through the Fire and Flames
TTL: Take This Life
TW: The Warrior
TWIE: The Way It Ends
Upper Bound: The easiest possible explanation is to say that Upper Bound is the absolute highest score you can get for a song, according to debr's calculations. On debr5836's site, there are a large number of SP paths for people to use. For each song, there are multiple paths (Big Squeeze, Bigger Squeeze, etc.) that progressively indicate more difficult SP paths that you can execute. The most difficult paths to execute (Upper Bound) are calculated to be the highest scores that you can possibly get for that song, given optimal squeezing and an FC. Sometimes, players exceed that amount due to insane squeezing or (more likely) minor flaws within the calculations, which you will often see when people put comments such as "Upper Bound +4" or something of that nature.
W3K: We Three Kings
WC: Wrathchild
WGTB: We Got The Beat
WILAY: What I Like About You
WP: War Pigs
WTTJ: Welcome to the Jungle
WWIMRLN: Who Was In My Room Last Night
WYWY: When You Were Young
X: Refers to the "Expert" difficulty level in all Guitar Hero games.
X-plorer: The guitar that came with the GH2 for the 360 and GH3 for the PC. The controller is modeled after the Gibson Explorer, hence why it is called the "X-plorer".
XR: Crossroads (Would have been abbreviated to CR, but that acronym was already taken by Caveman Rejoice).
Y: Yellow fret button
YGATC: You Got Another Thing Comin'
YRGM: You Really Got Me
YWC: Yes We Can

Credits:

- First of all, thanks to MJM249 for creating the 1st ever acronym/abbreviation list! It did a good job while it lasted, though I felt compelled to make a gigantic, comprehensive one. For anyone who is interested, his thread can be found here.

- Thanks to Alakaiser, Cdw01, and Piso for the assistance in finding acronyms and spelling errors, and special thanks to discgolferpro for giving me the thumbs-up to do this. Also, thanks to anyone who helped me on IRC when I started asking if some acronyms even existed. I couldn't have done it without you.

- Many thanks to ricecake for consistently answering people's questions in this thread, you've been a great help.

Edit I: Thanks to saxuallyAPeasing for contributing the 2 DLC songs, Famous Last Words and This Is How I Disappear, to this list. I hadn't remembered that DLC pack while I was making this, so it completely skipped my mind.

Edit II: Thanks to Bangles for reminding me to add "The Log" to the list, an accessory sought after by many up and coming GH players.

Edit III: Thanks to fhqwhgads21 for reminding me to add the term "sightread" to the list, a term that is used often at and after the release of a new GH game, not to mention the many sightreading tournaments on Scorehero that are held at the time of a new release.

Edit IV: Thanks to Morik for reminding me to add the term "tapping" to the list, a term that is often used on Scorehero today.

Edit V: Thanks to GT409 for reminding me to add the abbreviation for Rock Band on to the list. I suppose at some point I'll make this the official GH/RB abbreviation thread.

Edit VI: Thanks to BassieJ for reminding me to add the method "Alt-strumming" to the list, an important method that all of the top players use to hit fast passages.

Edit VII: Thanks to RiskyBusiness for telling me to add "SG" to the list, the PS2 guitar controller that started it all.

Edit VIII: This is a long one. This edit is for the release of GH3, which is why it's a long one. I'll make this in list format for readability's sake.

- Thanks to toymachine and throwawaystyle for PM'ing me and giving me a list of GH3 acronyms. I read through these lists and made sure I didn't forget any acronyms.

- Thanks to daevlol, Piso, microgamer, and frooshontay for brainstorming and discussing acronyms with me in IRC. Without them I would still be scratching my head trying to figure out better ones.

- Thanks to raptorz44 for brainstorming "Carcinogen Rush" and "Putting Holes in Happiness", I didn't think of those.

Edit IX: Thanks to Ragnar1x for persuading me to add the "Barfo Proof Project" to the list, a very inventive way to find GH3 proofs quickly.

Edit X: Another big edit. I'll make a list to make it easier on myself, as well as more readable.

- Thanks to esp00shredder for getting me to add "El Jefe" to the list.

- Thanks to Macaron11 for getting me to add "The Eyeball" to the list.

- Thanks to nickeroo2413 for advising me to update the description of "tapping" to include TTFAF.

- Thanks to schenksta for getting me to add "LP" to the list.

Edit XI: Thanks to hotshotguy65 for mentioning "NPS" and "BPM", two musical terms that knowledgeable top players use to describe parts of songs.

Edit XII: Another minor update.

- Thanks to Brockbfball1563 for advising me to add "1st position" and "2nd position" to the list, two terms that people tend to use in the Technique, Style, and Gameplay forum.

- Thanks to MetalMadness for mentioning the "Battle Axe", the guitar that you obtain for 5-starring all songs on Expert in GH1.

Edit XIII: Thanks to Prong1978 for recommending that I add "alternate strumming" to the description for alternative strumming. Nice catch.

Edit XIV: Another update.

- Thanks to EvilMunky for giving me the idea to put a link to an internet slang translator in the OP. People are always asking for me to put random acronyms in the list, so hopefully that link will solve most of the problems.

- Thanks to TopGearFTW for getting me to update the definition of "DLC".

Edit XV: Thanks to WildcatTennis for getting me to put "Farewell Myth" on the list. I could have sworn it was there before, but I either erased it or forgot.

Edit XVI: Thanks to demolition23 for pointing out that you get the Battle Axe for passing Expert, not 5-starring Expert, in GH1. I suppose it's been a while since I've played, so thanks for catching my silly mistake.

Edit XVII: Thanks to Erodyne and Brockbfball1563 for showing me multiple examples of the acronym "NN", which I had actually never heard of before.

Edit XVIII: Thanks to samtheman for advising me to put up "Ernten Was Wir Säen" to the list. While I was at it, I added "Putting Holes In Happiness" and "We Three Kings" to the list, since those seem to be pretty popular these days.

Edit XIX: Thanks to dahabi for getting me to put up "#OTB", an alternative acronym to NOTB (Number of the Beast).

Edit XX: Another big update.

- Thanks to WildcatTennis for always being a big help in this thread, and for pointing out that SOML is being used mostly for Story of My Life these days, in which I decided to put both songs under one acronym.

- Thanks to srxgh3pc for pointing out that the X-plorer comes with the PC version of GH3, not the Les Paul.

- Thanks to mc77 for asking about the term "Upper Bound", a term that is often seen on SH nowadays, thanks to debr and his fantastic paths.

Edit XXI: Another update.

- Thanks to klye for getting me to put up "Guitar God". I have no idea how I miss these terms.

- Thanks to BrianBAM19 for informing me of the term "GH:A". Considering that this is the next GH to be released, might as well get the acronym for it, right?

Edit XXII: Big thanks to TJShultz for defining 3 terms that are used in debr's SP paths. I took the liberty of changing them around a little bit, but he's definitely the one to thank for these definitions.

Edit XXIII: Another update.

- Thanks to BlueTornado for finally getting me to add "GSSOD" to the list. People have been asking me for a long time to put this acronym in, and I think I've seen it around enough to warrant putting it in here.

- Thanks to Goron40 for mentioning "Early whammying", which is a term that I didn't even consider adding to the list. It's such an integral part of most GH games, but I don't even consciously think about it most of the time, so thanks to him for mentioning it.

Edit XXIV: Thanks to Brockbfball1563 for getting me to add "GH:OT" and "GH:WT" to the list. While I was at it, I went ahead and made a few changes to the list. I added GH4 to the list, but only to inform people that GH4 is just another way of saying GH:WT. I also added the consoles that each game is available on for informative purposes. Lastly, I changed Anarchy in the U.K. from "AUK" to "AITUK", since that's more commonly used.

Edit XXV: Thanks to footballtom3685 for getting me to add a couple more GH3 DLC songs to the list, mainly those that are actually used. I only added 4, but I did a search on each and every GH3 DLC acronym and found that only 4 were really popular enough to use, those being Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya, Super Massive Black Hole, Rock of Ages (Live), and Peace of Mind.

Last edited by Armageddon on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 am; edited 29 times in total
Banopr  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good list, Arm. you know, for somebody who has played the game since March, I frequently forget some of the acronyms
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list.

Only suggestion, some people go with PBF or PBFO for Psychobilly Freakout.
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list, I've been wondering when someone would post GH80's abbreviations.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The comprehensive Guitar Hero acronym/abbreviation threa Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:

Armageddon wrote:
...and if I have forgotten any, feel free to PM me and alert me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list. First person to come up with the 80s list.
Deimor  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Btw, whats IIRC mean? Just In IRC?
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that my list is nearly complete, good chances are that any other acronym I come across will not be GH-related. If you have any questions as to what a certain acronym (non GH-related) is, feel free to Google "Internet slang", in which you'll come across this nifty internet slang translator. If you have reason to believe I have actually overlooked something, feel free to PM me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work ARM!!! Stickied and modified all links to point here.

PS: IIRC = If I recall correctly

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSSOD? That one's new to me.

Ooh, Speaking of orange Streaks, I just suddenly remembered HFoB's Large wad of Orange Notes/Chords. Oooh...That's a pain to FC.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
PS: IIRC = If I recall correctly

Really? I always thought that it meant "If I really care."

Matt wrote:
I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Rick Roll'd

Best percentage in RaBl: 91% T__T
LongSockSilver  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest including some GHIII tracks? I know it's not out yet, but a lot of the terms are already getting tossed around (TtFatF, NotB, etc.).

Also, what about -x (where x is a number in the comment section of someone's scores in the 100s or so), like when they're referring to missed squeezes, noting how close they were to the optimal score. That used to confuse the shit out of me.

-LSS

<smokyprogg> I fced Mother before Cherry Pie
<dho> I FCeD YOUR MOTHER BEFORE I ATE HER CHERRY PIE
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: The comprehensive Guitar Hero acronym/abbreviation threa Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
-x (where x is a number in the comment section of someone's scores): Indicates that they missed that many notes in that particular song.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's meaning usually depends on x. -3 or so indicates 3 notes missed, but -200 usually means a missed squeeze (200 points).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
Nice list.

NOOOOOO!

PBF can only stand for Perry Bible Fellowship. Thank you, come again.

Also, thanks for the shoutout, even though I really didn't do anything. XD

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: