Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s - Version 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickb611  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s - Version 2.0 Reply with quote

Welcome to the Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s Version 2.0!

This is an all-inclusive guide designed to bring everything and anything you need for customizing Guitar Hero into one place. It is easy to get through, in-depth and well-defined with pictures and tutorials along each step. A built-in troubleshooter as well as Chapter by Chapter help is also included. The guide is hosted off site to provide Pop-Up direct help messages, as well as other customized features to make creating your Guitar Hero disc as easy as possible. The guide's popularity has increased tremendously since its creation. Even so, I will be continually updating the guide, be sure to check for changes. I'll continue to strive to make this guide the best thing since sliced bread. Why don't you tell me how I did? It's always nice to read a post regarding another user's comments about the guide.

New Features in v2.0
    1. Completely new layout organizing every piece of the guide (and making it visually attractive).
    2. Separation of the guide into separate pages for separate Chapters and separate subcategories for separate games / consoles. This provides a better experience for lower-connection users.
    3. Last page identification as well as utilization of that information.
    4. CD / DVD Generator as a replacement for ImgBurn. Also, identification that you chose to replace CD / DVD Gen for ImgBurn when you return (skipping Chapters 7 + 8).
    5. Preparation and compatibility for Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero 2 360.
    6. Authentication between SH and the guide. Now, if you don't access the guide from the link below, you will get an error message and be redirected here.
    7. Failsafe checks to make sure you haven't A) Accessed the guide from another place than SH and B) Accessed the incorrect guide for your console and / or game data.

Do you have one of these questions?
    1. How do I convert .chart to a .mid?
    2. How do I write Hammer On's and Pull Off's in my note chart?
    3. How to make the *click* noise when you miss a note?
    4. How to fix the Rock the 80's error in GHEx?
    5. What is FeedBack (dB)?
    6. Where do I get / How do I use Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, or ImgBurn?
    7. Where do I get / How do I use GNIE ISO 2 IML?
    8. How do I use GWiz?
    9. How can I use ImgBurn in place of CD / DVD Generator?
    -If so, these questions are answered in the guide.

Note:
Do NOT link to this guide ANYWHERE.
Recently, there has been some copying of the links of the guide. This is not allowed for the following reasons:
1. The links are subject to change at any time, at my discretion.
2. Posting links will not direct people to the guide in the order it is designed, thus weakening its effectiveness.
3. Links can be picked up by Google and other search engines, then soon to be somebody else's website. This guide is ScoreHero exclusive, posting links jeopardizes this.
4. A new authentication system is in place. If somebody is directed to the guide from another place other than ScoreHero, they will be redirected here.
I reserve the right to edit, delete, modify and change any of the URLs to comply with the above.
You are ONLY allowed to link to THIS thread when directing people to the guide, and this thread only!

YOU NEED A MODDED PS2 CAPABLE OF BOOTING BURNT DISCS

Having said, I present The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in Guitar Hero, v2.0!

Click Here to be taken to the guide

Custom Guitar Hero

Last edited by nickb611 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 32 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
nickb611  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track Updates and Changes Here:
02/03/08 -
The Guide to Playing Custom Songs - Version 2.0 is out!

New Features include:
    1. Completely new layout organizing every piece of the guide (and making it visually attractive).
    2. Separation of the guide into separate pages for separate Chapters and separate subcategories for separate games / consoles. This provides a better experience for lower-connection users.
    3. Last page identification as well as utilization of that information.
    4. CD / DVD Generator as a replacement for ImgBurn. Also, identification that you chose to replace CD / DVD Gen for ImgBurn when you return (skipping Chapters 7 + 8).
    5. Preparation and compatibility for Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero 2 360.
    6. Authentication between SH and the guide. Now, if you don't access the guide from the link below, you will get an error message and be redirected here.
    7. Failsafe checks to make sure you haven't A) Accessed the guide from another place than SH and B) Accessed the incorrect guide for your console and / or game data.

Also, I have to extend another Thank You to malictus for hosting the guide when it temporarily lost its hosting. Currently, the guide is moved to a different server so it won't burden malictus any longer. Thanks again!

10/13/07 - Intelligent image loading script has been implemented, features are denoted here:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=429093#429093
10/09/07 - Finished complete cookie interface - You can now set your Customization Program, ISO2IML Program and Burning Program. Try it out! The smartest Guitar Hero guide EVER!
10/08/07 - Added rather large cookie interface - You can now set your console / game data, and the guide will not only remember your settings, but display the appropriate information based on the data you've inputted into it. Definitely something to check out.
9/27/07 - Changed how the brief FAQ works on the guide.
9/26/07 - Loading page for the guide. It's cool. And magical.
9/21/07 - GWiz integration along with modded PS2 script change with some extra reminders in the guide about a modded PS2.
9/19/07 - First official link change - Let me know if any pages are not displaying. ALSO - The script controlling the first time user popup is set specifically to the directory of the domain. So, until I rework the script, it will pop up for everybody once every time I change the links.
9/9/07 - Finished Overhaul of guide, added Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn, GNIE ISO 2 IML, and Apache 2 support along with any information found in the thread. In anticipation of protecting download links, I've added a new method on downloading programs. Fixed the Troubleshooter with new information. Deleted the "What users think" dialog.. it just got in the way.
8/12/07 - Added: First time visitor Pop-Up message that only displays once.
8/11/07 - Announcing New Project: Support and Links for Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, and ImgBurn.
8/10/07 - Streaming Audio of Guitar Hero Music thanks to 4512jth
8/8/07 - Troubleshooter Finished! Let me know if there are any problems, or if I missed something.
8/7/07 - Some new rerouted links, progress made on Troubleshooter
8/6/07 - Official Announcement: Now working on a JS based troubleshooter and full FeedBack support
8/5/07 - Cool Images that allow you to track my progress!
8/4/07 - "What users think" Dialog
8/3/07 - Major overhaul with tons of information added, check it out!
7/27/06 - Added full Rock the 80's support! ONLY guide on Score Hero to offer this.
7/26/07 - Changed the closing page in the Disclaimer about PS2 modifications.
7/25/07 - Bolded the information about clicking the Help icon.
7/24/07 - Added Shrinking Your Archive support and Validating (and then later finding out you have a) Corrupt Archive support with pictures.
- Yes, I shrunk my archive, CTRL+ALT+DEL and ended GHEx, and intentionally corrupted an archive, all for you guys.
7/23/07 - Added Rock the 80's information

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Rickjames730  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked up the new guide. Looks pretty cool and more fancy than the original.
However one thing you might want to add: What type of DVD disc you have to use with what kind of modding you have. My modding uses DVD-R discs only, and I bought DVD+R discs. So that caused somewhat of a problem, buying them by the 50. I don't know what systems require DVD+R discs, but reading "You need to get high-tier DVD+R or DVD-R dvds" Kind of confused me.
Meh, I donno, food for thought I suppose.

-Insert religious belief/disbelief here.- -Insert stupid comment about said belief.-
Seriously I'm tired of seeing those types of signatures. Nobody cares.
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickjames730 wrote:
I just checked up the new guide. Looks pretty cool and more fancy than the original.
However one thing you might want to add: What type of DVD disc you have to use with what kind of modding you have. My modding uses DVD-R discs only, and I bought DVD+R discs. So that caused somewhat of a problem, buying them by the 50. I don't know what systems require DVD+R discs, but reading "You need to get high-tier DVD+R or DVD-R dvds" Kind of confused me.
Meh, I donno, food for thought I suppose.

Which type of DVD people use really comes down to the users PS2. One type of dvd that works for one PS2 doesn't necessarily work for another. For instance, I use Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's and have never ever had a bad burn - but others have reported their PS2's just not reading them at all. It's really better for the individual to experiment on their own to figure out which dvd's work best. I think telling them the "safe" dvd's to use (such as Sony, TDK, Verbatim) and steering them in the right direction is probably the most help we could give them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time i click on the guide it comes up and says redirecting, then it says at this current it doesnt support guitar hero 3 and if click on any of the links on the site it takes me to the same page.

edit: nvm i found it
x8alla8radx  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice this finally got stickied! Or did you do it nick with your new privelages?

Nice guide anyway, helped me do it.

thats what she said
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: x8alla  8radx
lnsuperable43  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this was ansered already, but how come none of my Guitar Heros show up on my computer drive?
MyBandOfMe  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wondering how to do this for a while! Thanks.
nickearth1  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey im trying to burn my ISO to my dvd-rw discs (memorex), but on Imgburn it says that the device isnt ready because medium isn't present. i had this happen last time, and i got a disc to burn on Nero, but i cant use Nero anymore because the trial expired. its using a Sony CDRWDVD to burn it. any help?
Beat Bass Ex: NO
Beat Vocals Es: NO
Beat Band: NO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: dethshow
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. And NO.
You can only use blank DVD-R or DVD+R. NOT CD or RW!
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2

Last edited by Desertman123 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
nickearth1  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made a custom disc a month ago using these discs and it worked...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: dethshow
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did you get a PS2 to read RW?
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
mac081793  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I've been wanting to do this forever. But the guides are always missing little details I need to know. SO hopefully by the time I finish following the guide it'll work.

EDIT: It's doin the stupid redirecting thing. So it's not working rite now.
nickb611  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac081793 wrote:
EDIT: It's doin the stupid redirecting thing. So it's not working rite now.

Redirecting is a vital function of the guide. It redirects you to the appropriate guides and will redirect you here if you weren't directed to the guide from here.

So, which one is stupid?

Custom Guitar Hero
nickearth1  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
How the hell did you get a PS2 to read RW?

i didnt, the custom thing hadnt come yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: