Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s - Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barkerm  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s - Version Reply with quote

YOU NEED A MODDED PS2 CAPABLE OF BOOTING BURNT DISCS

ok so i realize that im new on this site but i kinda have to make one correction with this statement because i figured out how to play burnt games without having to mod your system as long as you have a ps2 slim and ANY ORIGINAL psx or ps2 game.

1.) remove cover of ps2
2.) open disc cover and remove the spin limiter
3.) replace cover
4.) open tray and boot to browser
5.) insert original disc DO NOT CLOSE TRAY!!

this is where the real trick comes into play.

6.) right above the reset button is a sensor that when the lid is closed will make the eye read the disc. if you take say a small screw (that would normally be used to hold a desktop computers hdd in place) you can trick the system into thinking that the top is closed by inserting the screw into that spot or you can simply buy a swap top and replace the original top with that. and once the original disc is recognized by the system you can remove it and place any burned psx or ps2 disc into the system and it will play normally.

tested and working on PS2 SCPH-90001 0D
AndyR311  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Looking for the guide originally posted by nickb611 Reply with quote

I'm looking for a copy of the guide that is referenced in this thread that was created and posted by nickb611. I apologize if it's still posted somewhere and I just looked over the info, but I have read through all of these replies and it seems that the guide is no longer hosted where the last link said it is. Can anyone point me to it, or repost a copy of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
-Andy
fitri78  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s - Version Reply with quote

nickb611 wrote:
Welcome to the Guide to Playing Custom Songs in GH1/2/80s Version 2.0!

This is an all-inclusive guide designed to bring everything and anything you need for customizing Guitar Hero into one place. It is easy to get through, in-depth and well-defined with pictures and tutorials along each step. A built-in troubleshooter as well as Chapter by Chapter help is also included. The guide is hosted off site to provide Pop-Up direct help messages, as well as other customized features to make creating your Guitar Hero disc as easy as possible. The guide's popularity has increased tremendously since its creation. Even so, I will be continually updating the guide, be sure to check for changes. I'll continue to strive to make this guide the best thing since sliced bread. Why don't you tell me how I did? It's always nice to read a post regarding another user's comments about the guide.

New Features in v2.0
    1. Completely new layout organizing every piece of the guide (and making it visually attractive).
    2. Separation of the guide into separate pages for separate Chapters and separate subcategories for separate games / consoles. This provides a better experience for lower-connection users.
    3. Last page identification as well as utilization of that information.
    4. CD / DVD Generator as a replacement for ImgBurn. Also, identification that you chose to replace CD / DVD Gen for ImgBurn when you return (skipping Chapters 7 + 8).
    5. Preparation and compatibility for Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero 2 360.
    6. Authentication between SH and the guide. Now, if you don't access the guide from the link below, you will get an error message and be redirected here.
    7. Failsafe checks to make sure you haven't A) Accessed the guide from another place than SH and B) Accessed the incorrect guide for your console and / or game data.

Do you have one of these questions?
    1. How do I convert .chart to a .mid?
    2. How do I write Hammer On's and Pull Off's in my note chart?
    3. How to make the *click* noise when you miss a note?
    4. How to fix the Rock the 80's error in GHEx?
    5. What is FeedBack (dB)?
    6. Where do I get / How do I use Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, or ImgBurn?
    7. Where do I get / How do I use GNIE ISO 2 IML?
    8. How do I use GWiz?
    9. How can I use ImgBurn in place of CD / DVD Generator?
    -If so, these questions are answered in the guide.

Note:
Do NOT link to this guide ANYWHERE.
Recently, there has been some copying of the links of the guide. This is not allowed for the following reasons:
1. The links are subject to change at any time, at my discretion.
2. Posting links will not direct people to the guide in the order it is designed, thus weakening its effectiveness.
3. Links can be picked up by Google and other search engines, then soon to be somebody else's website. This guide is ScoreHero exclusive, posting links jeopardizes this.
4. A new authentication system is in place. If somebody is directed to the guide from another place other than ScoreHero, they will be redirected here.
I reserve the right to edit, delete, modify and change any of the URLs to comply with the above.
You are ONLY allowed to link to THIS thread when directing people to the guide, and this thread only!

YOU NEED A MODDED PS2 CAPABLE OF BOOTING BURNT DISCS

Having said, I present The Guide to Playing Custom Songs in Guitar Hero, v2.0!

Click Here to be taken to the guide
bizkitboii  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Where is the GHEX link? Reply with quote

I see the link in the description for the guide to GHEX 2.0 is no longer available, and I don't see it anywhere. Where can I download it?
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is the GHEX link? Reply with quote

bizkitboii wrote:
I see the link in the description for the guide to GHEX 2.0 is no longer available, and I don't see it anywhere. Where can I download it?

As far as I know, the guide is gone and the only places you can find guides are on YouTube for GHEX. I might be wrong, but I have not found any other guides around.
Squaresoft  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad there is no backup of this guide,
I used to edit my games back in 2008, now I barely remember lol
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those still interested in GH1/2/80s hax, see my sig. It's not dead yet.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: