ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Strategy guide to five star six on hard!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benedettosoxfan  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Strategy guide to five star six on hard! Reply with quote

So you're scrolling down through your hard scores and you think you're pretty good and then you see that one song: SIX. It kills you inside. You might even have 3 stars on it. I feel your pain. But say good bye and hello to 5 stardom.
Disclaimer: I downstrummed this whole song. It kills but that just works for me. Star power isn't too hard just use it anywhere except the solo.

Intro: Alright here we go. The very beginning is not that important but you want to hit at least two out of the first 3 star powers. For the first star power, keep in mind that this song is stupid and you need to strum every note. Take this into practice mode for a few minutes. Also remember that one last red note at the end right before a GY chord. Next we have a series of rather fast notes in groups of 2. Make sure you can almost FC this and get the SP. I RECOMMEND DOWNSTRUMMING THIS SECTION. Right after is another star power phrase that you can probably hit if you concentrate on it and make sure that you go 1 note at a time.

Verse: The verse is a pain to combo but it is the secret to a 5 star once you are done with the or however it goes slide one note so you can hit the as 1323. When you get to try to do the same just adding one more note.

Chorus: With practice you CAN FC this part. Just do as normal and then slide to do (I'll refer to this as retro sportscenter) as 323.

Verse again

Verse 2b: This is the killer armbreaker. You don't have to combo or hit the star power phrase. Don't worry if you can't hit this part because I can't.

Chorus again

Bridge a: HOPOS! Give your arm a well deserved rest but still you should be able to FC this.

Bridge B: Hit this star power. This part is just like the chorus but with hopos. Still slide to hit retro sportscenter. FC this part. Don't celebrate for long though.

SOLO : DO NOT USE STAR POWER HERE USE IT AFTER. The first part isn't to bad. Just use hopos and you should be able to get most of it. The next part is insane. Just try to hit as much as you can but stop to make sure you get the last star power phrase and whammy the heck out of that orange note because you can get star power if you don't have it already. This star power is recommend that you get it but not mandatory.

Chorus 3: By now you should have this part down but say goodbye to hopos again. Try to FC this part up until another armbreaker.

Outro: Nothing new. But if you have no star power hit both phrases. If you do hit the first phrase then activate. Try to FC this part.

Hope this guide helps!

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Benedettosoxfan
Send me a request!
Servius1139  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG DUDE TY SO MUCH!

this was the last song i needed to 5 star every song on hard. w000t ty ty ty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually did help a lot. I bet I'm the only one on this website that FCs the solo but still can't 5* it constitantly .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very informative. Looks like a good guide, but then again, I don't wanna kill my arm at this very moment, I'll try it out later.
Also, I don't get the Retro Sportscenter thing lol.
-FretsOnFireGh2

I belong to the ManOfMrE Fan Club.
Benedettosoxfan  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the old sportscenter theme the danana! Danana!

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Benedettosoxfan
Send me a request!
overlordandm  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DADADA! DADADA!

Ive played the trumpet(off topic)for 5 years and in my middle school music class the whole trumpet section would play that to make our teacher hella mad
it was so funny! I was like LOL every time
steev  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna give this a go after work tonight. I've 5*d everything except six on Hard, and I've been meaning to tackle it...

GH:
[] - log (43/48)
[] - Guitar God(-9)
[x] - get my copy of GH3 back
RB:
[x] - Medium Drums Campaign
[] - Hard Drums Campaign (RttH)
[x] - Beat Expert Guitar on sightread
[] - 10 Expert Gold Stars on Expert Guitar
[x] - Any Drum Gold Stars whatsoever
[]
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate this song on hard

i still havent 4 starred it even though i've 4 starred it on expert, in my opinion in many ways its harder, mostly just cuz the chorus is all messed up

maybe i can 5* it with the help of ur guide, ty
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread will definitely help you, and let me just say...

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
This actually did help a lot. I bet I'm the only one on this website that FCs the solo but still can't 5* it constitantly .

This is one of the funniest quotes I've ever read

I'm living proof that practice really does make perfect. Just don't give up. Try the song a few times and then take a break. It took over a year to finally get what I wanted, but even a little practice goes a long way.

And for the record, I learned to alt. strum the entire song outside the bridge and solo, and it was the best decision I ever made.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
And for the record, I learned to alt. strum the entire song outside the bridge and solo, and it was the best decision I ever made.

I want to second this. I can FC those parts nearly every time now, unlike when I downstrummed it.

Also lol old topic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so awful at this song.

I've 5*'d 62/64 (One for the road being the other stubborn asswipe)

Hopefully this will help me out!!
Yes the two are VERY much interlinked
weee911  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to bump this but... if anyone else is in GH2H league and totally sucks at this, well, I'm hoping it will help me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: