ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Lighting/Band/Crowd Events & Notes (New lighting ideas.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hockey2112  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acra wrote:
hockey2112 wrote:
Stuff

Helpful stuff ;)

You may be right. I will definitely try it. Hopefully this will call attention to that issue, and there will be fewer incidences of that type of freezing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Loading lock and one question Reply with quote

hockey2112 wrote:
I have what appears to be a universal solution for when a song freezes at the "loading cassette" screen. I discovered it when creating my 311 Hero customized Guitar Hero 2 disc.

I had seven of my 311 charts freeze up on me when playing at Stonehenge, but they played fine at Battle of the Bands. They also froze at venues # 4, 5, 6, and 7.

I tried everything I could think of to get them to work. I tried playing the songs in other venues (they worked in some of the earlier ones, but still froze in pretty much all venues from #4 through #8). So I figured I would strip the charts of all lighting, triggers... everything but notes and sections.

The result was... the songs played fine! As an experiment, I re-added the lighting triggers, removed only the extra animations (the track events... solo_on/off, wail_on/off, headbang, etc), leaving only the first "play" and the last "idle" triggers (I removed any other "plays" and "idles" that I had in there too... for instance, an "idle" at a stoppage in play during the song, and a "play" when the guitar started playing again).

It seems as though GH2 doesn't like these extra animations (headbang, solo on/off, wail, etc) in these latter stages. I removed the animations and viola, the songs play perfectly!

Got a chart that constantly freezes on you like this? Have you tried everything in the main "freezing" thread? Try removing the animations! You will probably be pleased by the result.

(By the way, I found the easiest way to remove these triggers is to do find/replace in notepad... open the chart in notepad, find one of the animation triggers in one of the chart difficulties, highlight the entire line, click Ctrl+H, paste the line into "Find", and leave "Replace" blank. This will delete that line in all difficulties. Repeat until all animations are gone)

And lastly, I have a plea to all charters: when it comes to charting, let's follow the rule of K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid). For the sake of maximizing the compatibility of our charts, let's leave out the animation triggers, except for the "play" and "idle" triggers at the start and end of the chart. Sure, it looks cool to have your character headbang or to have his hands catch on fire, but the point of a custom disc is to be able actually play the song. Let's make it easier on ourselves and everyone else here and just keep it simple.

I found this out also the other night.

A song that has bothered me for its retarded lagging, I wanted to really play it and knew that it should work. So I went to training and played it and it surprisingly worked!

I went to career and chose the level Blackout Bar and played the song and it loaded so the answer to my problem was solved.

It was probably because I bombed the chart with a bunch of wail on and off events haha. I will too try to follow the rule of K.I.S.S.

I would rather play the song than have the guy slapping the guitar due to wail on and off events.

And one question, how can I get the full band to play? I downloaded a song off scorehero and the full band is playing in it. I wanna know how so I can have them play to my other songs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Withamik
rockband321  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rukastar  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the late post, but does this info work for GH3 customs???
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope !!! The animations for GH3 are chart driven. These events will not work
mat14342434  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighting/Band/Crowd Events & Notes (New lighting ide Reply with quote

Gokussj5okazu wrote:
This is a compilation of events and common questions involving events in Feedback and notes in Midis.

Note: In Feedback, the [ and ] brackets are not needed.

Some events listed below may not appear in your version of Feedback. You can add events to this list by editing the events.txt file that is included with Feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Camera Changes: Not events, but camera changes are based on events.
[/b]

[band_jump] - Causes the camera to switch to a view that shows the most of the band.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song Events: (E Key in Feedback): You only need to put these events in one track per song. For instance, if you all of your lighting in the Expert Single track, there's no need to do them in any other track.

Note: Don't place sections using E. R is reserved for that purpose.

Markers :

[verse] - Start of a Verse.

[chorus] - Start of a Chorus.

[solo] - Start of a Solo.

[end] - End of song.

[music_start] - Band starts playing, music begins, etc.

Lighting : (Changes/Affects the Venue lighting) Must have [music_start] AND [verse/chorus/solo] before any lighting events. [verse/chorus/solo] each cause the lighting events to act in slightly different ways.

[lighting ()] - Normal lighting comes on.

[lighting (flare)]
- Causes flares to come up out of the stage.

[lighting (blackout)] - Stage lights go off.

[lighting (chase)] - From what I've seen , a spotlight chases your guitarist, but not 100% on that.

[lighting (strobe)] - Creates a strobe-light effect. (Lasts until a new lighting effect is places.)

[lighting (color1)] - Changes the lighting to color 1. Blue

[lighting (color2)] - Changes the lighting to color 2. Yellow

[lighting (color3)] - Changes the lighting to color 3. *Untested* Red

The three colors above can be combined to form Purple, Orange, and Green. TRIGGERS have something to do with this, but it's not yet known. Here's a list of colors for each venue.

Leff wrote:

Blackout Bar:
Color1 = Blue
Color2 = Orange

RedOctane Club:
Color1 = Purple
Color2 = Green

Rock City Theater:
Color1 = Red
Color2 = Purple

Vans Warped Tour:
Color1 = Purple
Color2 = White

Harmonix Arena:
Color1 = Orange
Color2 = Red

Stonehenge:
Color1 = Green
Color2 = Red

cigdawg wrote:

Battle of the Bands:
Color1 = Purple
Color2 = Yellow

Rat Cellar:
Color1 = Blue
Color2 = Orange

[lighting (sweep)] - Lights sweep the stage.

Crowd Events : (Affect the crowd)

[crowd_lighters_fast] - Crowd waves their lighters rapidly.

[crowd_lighters_off] - Crowd no longer waves lighters.

[crowd_lighters_slow] - Crowd waves lighters slowly.

[crowd_half_tempo] - Crowd moves at 1/2 of the set tempo.

[crowd_normal_tempo] - Crowd moves at the normal set tempo.

[crowd_double_tempo] - Crowd moves at x2 the set tempo.

Band Events - (Events that affect the band on stage.)

[band_jump] - Band jumps in unison. Recent studies show that the band will jump on the next MEASURE line, and will land on the next 1/4th beat.

[sync_head_bang] - Band head bangs in sync with each other. Lasts 4 measures at normal tempo.

[sync_wag] - Band "wags" kinda swaying left and right to the beat. Lasts 4 measures at normal tempo.

Track Events: (W Key in Feedback): These events need to be placed in each respective track, but not each difficulty. For instance, if you place guitarist animations in Expert Single, you don't need to place them in Hard Single, but you do need to place them in Expert DoubleBass.

Guitarist Animations: These need to be placed in the Single track, DoubleBass/Rhythm track, and/or DoubleGuitar track, depending on which you plan on using when you make your chart. These control the guitarist/bassist only.

[idle] - Causes an "Idle" animation. (Character stands there, no hands on guitar.)

[play] - Character begins playing the guitar. (If you leave this one out, your character will play at random times.)

[solo_on] - Causes the character to begin it's solo animation. Fingers will catch firs on the guitar.

[solo_off] - Returns to [play].

[wail_on] - Your character begins to wail on his guitar.

[wail_off] - Returns to [play].

[ow_face_on] - Character cringes.

[ow_face_off] - Face goes back to normal.

[half_tempo] - Guitarist/Bassist moves at 1/2 the tempo. (For slow passages.) This doubles the length of WAGGING and HEADBANGING.

[normal_tempo] - Guitarist/Bassist moves at normal tempo.

[map HandMap_Default] - Default hand position.

[map HandMap_DropD2] – Default hand position, minus D2.

[map HandMap_NoChords] – Hand animation with NO chords.

Drummer Animations: These control the tempo, beat, and other actions of the drummer. These only need to be placed in the Drums track. Most of these events are not yet supported, but the drums track is now editable, so they will most likely be supported in the future.

Note: While you can place notes in the Drum track in Feedback, they don't make a BAND_DRUM track because GHex does not import the drums track. Hopefully this will be implemented in the next release.

[idle] - Drummer sits idle.

[play] - Drummer plays to the tempo.

[normal_tempo] - Drummer plays on the first and 3rd beat of every measure.

[half_time] - Drummer plays on the first beat of every measure only.

[double_time] - Drummer plays at double the tempo / aka 8 beats per measure.

[allbeat] - Drummer plays 4 beats per measure.

[nobeat] - Creates a dead beat where drummer sits idle for that beat.

Event Notes (Does not apply to Feedback, only Midi programs.): These are notes that cause certain animations in the game, such as the position of the guitarist’s hand on the guitar neck.

TRIGGERS Track: Possibly control drummer, lighting, and venues.
Note 24: “click_kick” – Kick drum.

Note 25: “click_snare” – Snare drum.

Note 26: “click_hat” – High hat.

Note 48: “do_lighting_next_keyframe”

Note 49: “do_lighting_prev_keyframe”

Note 50: “do_lighting_first_keyframe”

Note 52: “venue effect”

BAND_DRUM Track

Note 36: “kick_drum” – Kick drum.

Note 37: “crash_symbal” – Symbal crashing.

BAND_BASS Track: Controls bass player in single player.

Note 36: “bass_hit” – Bass player strums.

GUITAR/BASS Tracks

Note 40: - Hand on #1 fret.

Note 49: - Hand on 2#20 fret.

PART_GUITAR Track

Note 110: “big_note” - Causes the crowd to “sigh” if you miss a note while this note is in play. Meant to be used as single notes, not sustains.

BAND_SINGER Track

Note 108: Controls singer's mouth. Note on = open, note off = closed.
Thanks a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: