ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
No One Like You
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: No One Like You Reply with quote

Note Chart
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
CycloneVM  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving paths over from the other forum - discuss!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6620/noonelikeyouexpertne9.png
Credit to Yusuke, unless he got it from somewhere in which case pay it forward!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the chart was performed by Leg in his video, I just transcribed it.

But ya, I did all the green and blue and stuff.

The path works like a charm, it increased my score by a bunch, too bad I can't FC the solo yet. Goddam Surrender part.

Bandin  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone having trouble with Solo B, it's easier for me to play it similar to Jordan's bridge, using HO/PO's.

Hold down the yellow and slap whichever other finger you're using down on the blue, then strum immediately after.

It should sound like: da da *pause* da da *pause* etc.

I just realized how terrible I am at explaining things.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandin wrote:
Anyone having trouble with Solo B, it's easier for me to play it similar to Jordan's bridge, using HO/PO's.

Hold down the yellow and slap whichever other finger you're using down on the blue, then strum immediately after.

I've tried that, but only on actual runs where I botch it. I'll guess I'll just have to bring it into practice mode.

debr5836  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Evenly spaced blank charts from debr Reply with quote

Here is a link to my evenly-spaced blank chart with the SPs outlined in green:

debr's blank chart

Please post any bugs/questions about these charts HERE.
Cloud7654  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandin wrote:

Hmm, never thought of that. I'll have to try it out, seeing as I totally screw that solo up the way I play it.
AskMeAboutLoom  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good six more notes to be had if you delay the fourth activation 'till beat 3 of measure 84. Should let out right on the downbeat of 89.
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played this song with a path, so excuse me if I do any stupid mistake on the path.

Hummmm... nobody notices that using 2-2 is better?

2 - 24.0 (G note) -31.625 (B note)
2 - 45.75 (No note)- 50,75 (After RB chord)

It's +300 BS (base score) better (1200 points with multiplier)

Another tweak... move 4th to 84.5 (should end at 89.0) and you will get 188 BS points more.

... And another... move 5th to 98.3 aprox. (R note), it should end on the 2nd RB chord... +106 BS

I think that my tweaks made the path like 2376 points better.

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Barbaloot  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the path I use, but it doesn't really do me much good since I can't hit solo B...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameZelda wrote:
I never played this song with a path, so excuse me if I do any stupid mistake on the path.

Another tweak... move 4th to 84.5 (should end at 89.0) and you will get 188 BS points more.

... And another... move 5th to 98.3 aprox. (R note), it should end on the 2nd RB chord... +106 BS

Im just usin the path that Leg put in his video... Ill look into this later, seeing as I cant hit solo b (staircases, not surrendery fill) and its not in league.

Also, i made this on debr's old chart, which had a lot less info... I really had no way to check the base scores and such, as looking at the non-evenly spaced paths bugs me now.... personal preference I guess

EDIT: Fine, looking into it now, since i apparently have time.

From my calculations (watching leg's video to transcribe my chart), his first activation during the opening solo nets a BS of 2515. His second activation (running over a star power, mind you), nets a BS of 1512, with a total BS of 4027.

From GZ's calculations, activating after the long O note (the G note), will net you a BS of 2780. His second activation, using the SP that Leg skipped, and still manages to stay before the star power, clocks in at a BS of 1600. This nets a total BS of 4380.

Overall, the superior path is GZ's, with the difference in BS being 353. Since these BS are under SP, we can give them a x8, which gives the difference to the total score a whopping 2,824. And that's just the first tweak.

Next tweak is to the 4th activation (apparently the third activation was pro ). The first thing to understand is that you get an automatic quarter bar from the phrase and then 9.5 beats of whammy. After many calculations, it turns out this gives you 4 and 8/15ths measures of SP. Decimal wise, it is 4.53333333333 measures of SP.

Leg's path had the activation start at chorus 2b, and the SP ran out without ending in a hold, making the calculation easy. This had the BS end up at 1317. GZ's tweak starts out on the red hold at 84.5. 4.5 measures later is 89.0, or the blue note, making the BS 1505. After even more careful calculations, the .03333333 measures that are still left give an approximate 3 more BS points. This brings the BS to an ever marginal 1508.

Again, the superior tactic is GZ's, netting a BS difference of 191, and a x8 difference (SP, remember?) of 1528.

The final tweak is the solo SP. The two phrases required for the activation give 8 beats of whammy along with an automatic half bar. Again, with calculations, it ends up being 6 and 2/15ths measures of SP. Decimal-wise, this is 6.13333333333 measures of SP.

Leg's path starts right after the second phrase, at 96.375, the Y note. I believe my transcription has a slight error in Leg's beginning activation, however, as it looks like he starts it on the B note. (If Leg can confirm or deny this from his video, I would greatly appreciate it, as the video has some sketchy sections when it comes to video quality.)

As such, I will do my calculating from the B note to the end of the activation on my transcription, the Y note at 102.625. This nets a BS of 4334.

GZ's activation starts at the R note before the surrendery fills, or at 98.3125. If my SP calculations are correct, it will NOT reach the RB chord at the beginning of the chorus. This activation nets you a BS of 4291. However, I am not sure whether or not the chord can be squeezed. If it can, it nets you 4391 BS, cuz of the additional 100 BS chord.

If you can't squeeze, Leg's path finally prevails with a difference in 43 BS, or 344 total under SP. If you can squeeze it in, GZ's path gives a difference of 57 BS, or 456 total. Overall, the difference is a mere hundreds of points (although in a squeeze battle this may be important).

Overall, GZ's tweaks are the way to go, especially with the first activations. If you use GZ's and you can't squeeze it, then it nets you 4008 more points. If you can, then it nets you 4808.

Tell me if you think my calculations are incorrect. Im pretty sure they are correct tho.

First real indepth analysis too, so tell me if it was too longwinded or something like that

GameZelda  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
GameZelda wrote:

Im just usin the path that Leg put in his video... Ill look into this later, seeing as I cant hit solo b (staircases, not surrendery fill) and its not in league.

Also, i made this on debr's old chart, which had a lot less info... I really had no way to check the base scores and such, as looking at the non-evenly spaced paths bugs me now.... personal preference I guess

EDIT: Fine, looking into it now, since i apparently have time.

From my calculations (watching leg's video to transcribe my chart), his first activation during the opening solo nets a BS of 2515. His second activation (running over a star power, mind you), nets a BS of 1512, with a total BS of 4027.

From GZ's calculations, activating after the long O note (the G note), will net you a BS of 2780. His second activation, using the SP that Leg skipped, and still manages to stay before the star power, clocks in at a BS of 1600. This nets a total BS of 4380.

Overall, the superior path is GZ's, with the difference in BS being 353. Since these BS are under SP, we can give them a x8, which gives the difference to the total score a whopping 2,824. And that's just the first tweak.

Next tweak is to the 4th activation (apparently the third activation was pro ). The first thing to understand is that you get an automatic quarter bar from the phrase and then 9.5 beats of whammy. After many calculations, it turns out this gives you 4 and 8/15ths measures of SP. Decimal wise, it is 4.53333333333 measures of SP.

Leg's path had the activation start at chorus 2b, and the SP ran out without ending in a hold, making the calculation easy. This had the BS end up at 1317. GZ's tweak starts out on the red hold at 84.5. 4.5 measures later is 89.0, or the blue note, making the BS 1505. After even more careful calculations, the .03333333 measures that are still left give an approximate 3 more BS points. This brings the BS to an ever marginal 1508.

Again, the superior tactic is GZ's, netting a BS difference of 191, and a x8 difference (SP, remember?) of 1528.

The final tweak is the solo SP. The two phrases required for the activation give 8 beats of whammy along with an automatic half bar. Again, with calculations, it ends up being 6 and 2/15ths measures of SP. Decimal-wise, this is 6.13333333333 measures of SP.

Leg's path starts right after the second phrase, at 96.375, the Y note. I believe my transcription has a slight error in Leg's beginning activation, however, as it looks like he starts it on the B note. (If Leg can confirm or deny this from his video, I would greatly appreciate it, as the video has some sketchy sections when it comes to video quality.)

As such, I will do my calculating from the B note to the end of the activation on my transcription, the Y note at 102.625. This nets a BS of 4334.

GZ's activation starts at the R note before the surrendery fills, or at 98.3125. If my SP calculations are correct, it will NOT reach the RB chord at the beginning of the chorus. This activation nets you a BS of 4291. However, I am not sure whether or not the chord can be squeezed. If it can, it nets you 4391 BS, cuz of the additional 100 BS chord.

If you can't squeeze, Leg's path finally prevails with a difference in 43 BS, or 344 total under SP. If you can squeeze it in, GZ's path gives a difference of 57 BS, or 456 total. Overall, the difference is a mere hundreds of points (although in a squeeze battle this may be important).

Overall, GZ's tweaks are the way to go, especially with the first activations. If you use GZ's and you can't squeeze it, then it nets you 4008 more points. If you can, then it nets you 4808.

Tell me if you think my calculations are incorrect. Im pretty sure they are correct tho.

First real indepth analysis too, so tell me if it was too longwinded or something like that

you shouldn't use x8. You should use x4. If you do more notes under SP, they give his value on x4, because if you don't play those notes under SP, you will play them under x4 anyway.

(4808 / 8) * 4 = 4808 / 2 = 2404 = Difference between my path and legleg path

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say way too close to the long winded end of the spectrum. After reading all this, I finally got my answer, what I done myself was good to go. Probably could lose the decimal and fractal lengthes and just post the start and end points. And this from a long winder myself.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aight, i havent fixed up into a pic, but when i do itll go into this post.

But the path is:

2-2-1-1-2-2

1. from 24.0 (R Note) to 31.625 (B note)
2. from 45.75 (no note) to 50.75 (no note)
3. from 58.0 (R Note) to 61.25 (R note) (im pretty sure it has to be squeezed)
4. from 84.5 (R Note) to 89 (B note) (goes a little into the hold)
5. from 98.1325 (R note) to 104.5 (RB note) (squeeze definitely needed)
6. right away, lasts till end

better?

and it doesnt help that GZ quoted it, making it appear twice

Legleg  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameZelda wrote:

That's almost the same path I used for 1st place a while ago. However, move the 4th activation one note earlier and squeeze to the blue. Also, for the 5th activation, don't activate on the red, it's impossible to squeeze to the RB chord, I've tried. Activate on blue.

Legedevin at YouTube
raver331 at GameFAQs

Credits to "Ice" for the button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: