ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
7 New Tracks Revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shleppin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devil went down to georgia is easy?

unless the one being put on the game wouldnt be the keith urban version i dono how that song would be easy
Eronamanthius  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tracklist leak Reply with quote

CleverConveyence wrote:
Quote:
but I still doubt they would use that as the final song,

Defender of the certain...
Quote:

especially the way Keith played it.

Protector of the given...

Quote:
They'd have to get permission from not only the Charlie Daniel's band,

Savior against the ambiguous...

Quote:
but also all the other bands that had little parts in there.

I am...

Quote:
The only way they could do something like that is if it were an original composition in the solo...that would make sense as the final boss battle, in that case.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

I applaud you sir, for your creative and well put burn.
jeffhero  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard a rumor that "revolution is my name" by pantera was gonna be on there. anyone hear the same thing or are people just hyping shit up based on wishful thinking?
Ale0o  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg woot afi gunna be in gh3!!!! i love them!!
oberlin27  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad it's like the worst AFI song for Guitar Hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Oberlin27
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad AFI is the worst band in the game so far.
W00t GO SLAYER
Jovack  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tornintwo wrote:
W00t GO SLAYER

what's peoples' beef with afi...
all you "metal-heads" are conditioned to hate bands like those, even though they are not bad
form your own opinions

i rate afi in about the middle of the pack for this game, there are plenty of worse ones put in

and slayer, they're really not that great... why are people going crazy over them
all of their songs sound the pretty much the same, "trapped in purgatory" ... ya there's a message we can all relate to, "raining blood from a lacerated sky"
whatever, they added it in to make all the little high schoolers wet their pants with joy
ChunkNorris86  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jovack wrote:
tornintwo wrote:
W00t GO SLAYER

what's peoples' beef with afi...
all you "metal-heads" are conditioned to hate bands like those, even though they are not bad
form your own opinions

i rate afi in about the middle of the pack for this game, there are plenty of worse ones put in

and slayer, they're really not that great... why are people going crazy over them
all of their songs sound the pretty much the same, "trapped in purgatory" ... ya there's a message we can all relate to, "raining blood from a lacerated sky"
whatever, they added it in to make all the little high schoolers wet their pants with joy

Ya know I browse these forums frequently but never registered. But what you wrote made me want to call you stupid, and registering was the only way. You may not like the lyrics that Slayer has in their songs but in no way can you compare the music of Slayer and Afi. I think Afi would even slap you for this one. Slayer is one of the most influencial thrash/metal bands. And on top of it all, you can't compare the musical talent of Slayer to Afi. Now I'm not saying that Afi are a bunch of talentless "musicians" but the song that is being placed in GH3 is very poorly written. It's just a bunch of dropped D open chords. You can like whoever you want but read up on your stuff before you say that a band is "really not that great"
Jovack  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChunkNorris86 wrote:

Ya know I browse these forums frequently but never registered. But what you wrote made me want to call you stupid, and registering was the only way. You may not like the lyrics that Slayer has in their songs but in no way can you compare the music of Slayer and Afi. I think Afi would even slap you for this one. Slayer is one of the most influencial thrash/metal bands. And on top of it all, you can't compare the musical talent of Slayer to Afi. Now I'm not saying that Afi are a bunch of talentless "musicians" but the song that is being placed in GH3 is very poorly written. It's just a bunch of dropped D open chords. You can like whoever you want but read up on your stuff before you say that a band is "really not that great"

awwe.. did I offend you :'(

God forbid someone has an opinion different from your own, because when someone doesn't agree with the majority, they are automatically "stupid".
You think AFI would slap me for defending them??? Now you're just making yourself sound like a moron. Please, before you attempt to call someone stupid, learn how to spell for fuck sakes. It's INFLUENTIAL you dolt.

On to another point, who are you to tell me, or anyone else in the general population, what 'good' music is? It is a matter of taste, plain and simple. People have different tastes in music, women, career choices, etc, so what really pisses me off, is when a bunch of people who are too insecure to form their own opinion, pretend to be the biggest fan of X band because they are "popular".

Don't talk to me about "D chords" or other musical jargon. 1. Nobody gives a damn, 2. I play violin, piano, and guitar. Let's not start dissecting guitar tabs.

Your last point is laughable.
"....read up on your stuff...."
that's classic. Please, let me go to my local library and get some literature on the history of thrash metal so I can give credit to a band based on someone else's biased opinion.

Or, here's what I actually did in reality.... are you ready for this one? I listened to a few of their songs on youtube, and thought, "you know? these guys are not terrible, but they are pretty over-rated in my opinion".

So now, Are you threatened that my opinion of them "not being that great" will somehow commandeer your own? Will you suddenly stop liking Slayer, or thrash-metal because I don't prefer it? I don't give a shit if you agree or not.
It's my fucking opinion, so grow up.
gtarshredr  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone just needs to calm down. Let's all give a round of hugs.
nonsummer  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

IMO

Jade Puget is twice the guitarist that Kerry King could ever be. wooooooooooo i tremolo pick and solo and stuff!!! cool!

I don't get it, people freak out about slayer when most other bands in heavy music blow them away. Ever wonder why slayer didn't get big the way megadeth or metallica did? its because the music is lame. All they have is the novelty of being in slayer. and don't feed me that crap about metallica selling out either, ive heard it all before and it doesn't need to happen here. lets just skip that one.
rxbandit  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW TRACK!
http://videogames.yahoo.com/xbox360/guitar-hero-iii-legends-of-rock/preview-531459

Sex Pistols "Anarchy in the UK".
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way the unofficial leak that has been released has some major flaws like the fact that there are two confirmed tracks from velvet revolver and an atreyu track none of which have been mentioned as well as tom morello is the first boss which many of the people who preplayed it stated that slash was the first boss not morello. Having the devil went down to georgia, in its original context at least, would be a horrible decision yes it is campy and probably fun but for a final encore i am sorry just bad. especially since the devil is not the final boss it says the last place is lou's inferno the final boss battle would be lou given rational thought. (at least this leak got one thing right) and i also doubt that while cliffs over dover is a good song they would put a song by eric johnson given his limited fan base and the fact that while most people did not know dick dale they knew misurlou by auditory recognition, at the least.
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jovack wrote:
ChunkNorris86 wrote:

awwe.. did I offend you :'(

God forbid someone has an opinion different from your own, because when someone doesn't agree with the majority, they are automatically "stupid".
You think AFI would slap me for defending them??? Now you're just making yourself sound like a moron. Please, before you attempt to call someone stupid, learn how to spell for fuck sakes. It's INFLUENTIAL you dolt.

On to another point, who are you to tell me, or anyone else in the general population, what 'good' music is? It is a matter of taste, plain and simple. People have different tastes in music, women, career choices, etc, so what really pisses me off, is when a bunch of people who are too insecure to form their own opinion, pretend to be the biggest fan of X band because they are "popular".

Don't talk to me about "D chords" or other musical jargon. 1. Nobody gives a damn, 2. I play violin, piano, and guitar. Let's not start dissecting guitar tabs.

Your last point is laughable.
"....read up on your stuff...."
that's classic. Please, let me go to my local library and get some literature on the history of thrash metal so I can give credit to a band based on someone else's biased opinion.

Or, here's what I actually did in reality.... are you ready for this one? I listened to a few of their songs on youtube, and thought, "you know? these guys are not terrible, but they are pretty over-rated in my opinion".

So now, Are you threatened that my opinion of them "not being that great" will somehow commandeer your own? Will you suddenly stop liking Slayer, or thrash-metal because I don't prefer it? I don't give a shit if you agree or not.
It's my fucking opinion, so grow up.

not trying to fuel a fire here but i think the general AFI in guitar hero is bad consensus came from the fact that most people only know their knew stuff i personally love afi but an older song like even clove smoke catharsis would be better it just seems that miss murder is a pretty run of the mill boring song for a band with a pretty dense well of talent
Eronamanthius  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFI was added in to cover the "new generation," just like Fat Lip in GH1 did.

It's ONE song, if you want, turn down the volume when you play it, and never play it again. It's not like you have to play the whole album (THAT would be torture)

True, not everyone likes AFI. Not everyone likes metallica. Not everyone likes boysenberry syrup on their pancakes. Does that stop IHOP from offering it? No.

Point is, people can eat whatever they want on their pancakes (or waffles), as long as they enjoy the meal overall.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31

Jump to: