ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Great Ohio/Indiana Meet Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the best weekend to have the gathering?
November 10th-12th
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
November 17th-18th
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
December 1st-3rd
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Before GH2 is released
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: The Great Ohio/Indiana Meet Thread Reply with quote

A lot has changed since the initial post. The now current plan is to have a get together at Wulfe's house on January 11th. Follow the end of the thread for details.

Last edited by Huwonk on Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:05 pm; edited 11 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Huwonk
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My place in Richmond, IN is very large (3400 sq ft), but also not in great shape - busy fixing it up, but it should be acceptable if ppl wanted to bring air beds/etc.

However, as I stated before, I am aware that Richmond is a little off the beaten path (I mean, it's not even in OH ), but if everybody is willing to travel there, it is an option...

As far as Columbus goes, I can maked it pretty much anytime (save for Thanksgiving weekend, which would be, uhmm, difficult ), and will, of course, be more than happy to help out with the food/drink/entertainment budget.

Also, if anybody needs to be picked up along the way, I will be travelling a straight shot down the I70 from Richmond to Columbus, and will be more than happy to stop off in Dayton/other I70 adjacent locations to pick up interested parties who don't have their own transport!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there; I just need to know the days ASAP, so I can request off work.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep the initial post updated with people planning on attending and details of the plans. I'm okay with meeting up anywhere pretty much, as long as I don't have to go up to like Cleveland or something. Richmond/Columbus/Dayton, whatever...

Maybe we should vote on the weekend. Thanksgiving weekend is out of the question. I'll add a poll to the main post with a few different things.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O I could possibly make it to this. It would only be a couple hour bus ride (if a bus from here can get there). Where exactly is this place?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
:O I could possibly make it to this. It would only be a couple hour bus ride (if a bus from here can get there). Where exactly is this place?

Well, we'll either meet up around Richmond, IN or Columbus, OH.. It's about 7 1/2 hours away from London, Ontario to either place. Either way, especially if we're at wuLFe's place, we can take on more people.

wuLFe, if we have someone from Canada that wants to come, we're probably going to get a lot of Pennsylvania, Michigan and other Indiana people. How many people can you take on at your place? This could be way larger than I originally anticipated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - it largely depends on what the requirements are.

My media room can likely seat about 10 people fairly comfortably, and I have several large rooms which are currently unfurnished, so sleeping a bunch of people is really not a problem.

I'll have to clear it with Richard (my partner), but the house is in my name, so I guess I can do whatever I want!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Basically, from my end, the only problem is that the media room might not hold everybody (and I only have one TV, although I MIGHT be able to arrange another one by the time we're ready to go)...

Once we know more about attendance numbers, we can decide if we want to go with my place (bigger, but out of the way), or Huwonks place (smaller, but central), so anybody interested, please post ASAP!!!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to come, but my sister's getting married on the 18th of November. So I voted for the 10-12 of November. Also, I don't have a car (or license, damn DUI) so I don't know if I would have transportation to such an event. But I'd be up for carpooling/chipping in for gas.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I will say is that this doesn't have to be limited to one weekend forever or anything. Maybe we'll all have a blast and want to get together more often (once a month or whatever).

As far as the issue with the significant other, wuLFe... I haven't really cleared it with my girlfriend, either. I really don't think she'll have a problem with it, though. Good idea on deciding where to hold it, though. Maybe there will be far fewer people that actually bite. Out of the 4 so far, I don't think my place is any more central than yours. If we get more Columbus people, then it will definitely be a better idea.

11/10 seems to be a date that works for everyone so far. That would be the first weekend after the release of GH2. I want to be able to include as many people as possible in this first event. dspoonrt, I could always pick you up, no problem. That's only about 1/2 hour away for me now. That'd confirm 4/5 of the top 30 players from Ohio. Ral would be the last one, but he is in Cleveland. I sent him a message, anyway. Maybe we'll get lucky and have Ohio Guitar Hero All-Stars. I just wonder how bad we'd kick ass if we all went to the same tournament.

Also to be helpful, what is everyone's first name? It's annoying to call people by username. I'm Noah. I get my username because people used to call me Knowuh online so I just flipped it around and got Huwonk.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were at the other end of the state, I might try to head across the border to make it. Going from Philadelphia rather than Pittsburgh is a little far, though.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe = David - no idea why I selected that nickname, but I've had it ever since I started lanning so many years ago (initially, it was meant to be pronounced ' Wolf ' and sound all wicked and sinister, but all my buddies at college latched onto Wolfeee, to the point where a good deal of my acquaintances at college ONLY knew me as wuLFe - quite amusing in retrospect)

Cleared it with Richard btw - he'll just stay in the house in Indy that weekend (if we decide to hold it in Richmond, that is)
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted December 1-3. I might be able to bring one of my best friends if somebody won't show up. (Plus then he can drive and not me ). Anywhere in columbus would work... I'm about 25-30 minutes East of Columbus in Licking County... so that wouldn't be bad. As for Indiana though, I don't think I'd be able to get all the way out there unless someone further East than me could get me on the way or something... meh.

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I just found out I have to work Friday and Sunday night the weekend of Nov. 10-12. But Dec. 1-3 would be cool.

Oh, and my name is Dan. I got this handle from a middle school nickname. It just kinda stuck, although I go by Monsieur Cat on other forums/sites/AIM (Monsieur Le Cat).

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Josh, if it wasn't obvious from my msn. Heh.

Phr34k  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dec. 1-3 works best for me in MANY ways. Since I would be bussing...getting my tickets cheaper in advance is best ^_^

and uhh....I prefer to be called Phr34k irl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: