ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Great Ohio/Indiana Meet Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the best weekend to have the gathering?
November 10th-12th
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
November 17th-18th
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
December 1st-3rd
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Before GH2 is released
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burz wrote:

Yeah actually im a sophomore this year at OSU. I live in an apartment on Northwood Ave. off of Lane. How about you?

I'm a junior at OSU. I live on 11th and Indianola. And I sympathize with your class schedule. My Mondays/Wednesdays are like that. I only have to skip one class on Thursday to be able to go.

And yeah, I'll let you know if I hear about anything around campus, but it's been a year and a half of nothing so far. I don't expect much.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys...but I'm ready for some Donkey Konga...
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:

I prefer Taiko Drum Master, but Donkey Konga's all right with a lot of people.

PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never actually played heh.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:

shuddup, shuddup, shuddup

Donkey Konga = most distracting game ever (as I'm sure malictus will back me up on)

I do have two Konga drums though, so we can always have some konga fun in the other room - I think this get together is going to rock!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:

I think this get together is going to rock!

I have a feeling you're right. I can't wait. Just a few more days of class.

PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how much that game annoys you haha , I'll probably way too much fun with it, also...any chance for a video camera? I'm sure there'd be some funny/awesome things we could capture on there.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - if someone could arrange a video camera it would be great...

Also, it would be great if somebody could bring another PS2 - nothing wrong with mine, but we could conceivably want to have a mini GH2 tournament or something, and having it up and running on both TVS would help immensely in that regard
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I'll bring my extra Taiko Drum controller. We can have a TAIKO DRUM CHALLENGE. I can't beat some of the harder songs on Oni, but have FC'd plenty of songs on Hard. Again, I'm not sure what time I'll pick you up on Wednesday. It'll probably be around 6-7. Let me know what time works best for you. I'll have to go home from work, get some things together to bring and then actually make the trip there. Let's tentatively plan on going home Thursday night since I have some stuff I need to do Friday during the day (with the g/f).

David, You should PM me your address so I can get directions now so I can make plans on how to get there from Columbus (I assume I-70 most of the way?).

I'll make sure to bring my camera, my SG, and my PS2/HDD/memory card/trigger disc so people can try some custom songs (I think I have about 10 of them on my current burn and will try to add some more before Wednesday). Anything else?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
David, You should PM me your address

And me too please? Thx...
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What custom songs do you have on your HD? I'd love to try some different songs =D
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Dan, I'll bring my extra Taiko Drum controller. We can have a TAIKO DRUM CHALLENGE. I can't beat some of the harder songs on Oni, but have FC'd plenty of songs on Hard. Again, I'm not sure what time I'll pick you up on Wednesday. It'll probably be around 6-7. Let me know what time works best for you. I'll have to go home from work, get some things together to bring and then actually make the trip there. Let's tentatively plan on going home Thursday night since I have some stuff I need to do Friday during the day (with the g/f).

All sounds good. I'm out of class in the afternoon. I'll gather my things and be ready.

I could beat every song in Taiko on Oni at one time, but I haven't played in about a year. My Taiko Drum's pretty beat, too. It often registers reds as blues or nothing at all. We'll see how the TDC will go. I like playing that game with the GH SG, though. That's a good time. Takes coordination.

And if we wanna watch any specific movies (I know David mentioned watching movies), I have 320-some. Throw out some titles and I'll see what I can do.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
What custom songs do you have on your HD? I'd love to try some different songs =D

A couple Iron Maiden songs, a couple Dragonforce songs, a few other odd end songs, Nottingham Lace by Buckethead (my own notechart, but not complete yet), and hopefully like 6 or 7 Dream Theater tracks. We'll see what I have when the time comes. Hard to tell right now.

The Dragonforce tracks are about on par with Jordan in difficulty, maybe a LITTLE easier... Nottingham Lace will be about as hard to pass as Jordan unless I make the SP really easy to get... we'll see how that turns out.

Dan, sounds good. I'll see you between 6-7PM on Wednesday.

P.S. GO BUCKEYES!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Huwonk wrote:

All sounds good. I'm out of class in the afternoon. I'll gather my things and be ready.

I could beat every song in Taiko on Oni at one time, but I haven't played in about a year. My Taiko Drum's pretty beat, too. It often registers reds as blues or nothing at all. We'll see how the TDC will go. I like playing that game with the GH SG, though. That's a good time. Takes coordination.

And if we wanna watch any specific movies (I know David mentioned watching movies), I have 320-some. Throw out some titles and I'll see what I can do.

Well - I'm ALWAYS up for a good movie. Right now, I'm dying to see "Pan's Labyrinth", and just recently saw "Hard Candy" which I just cannot recommend highly enough - when a movie with just two characters manages to not merely hold your attention, but be riveting for almost t wo hours, it has to be a good sign...

I also have a fairly extensive collection of DVDs here (I have very few romantic films, but pretty much every other genre). To give everyone some idea of my tastes in film, my top 5 films are probably

A Clockwork Orange
Boogie Nights
Fight Club
Amadeus
Requiem For A Dream

There are, of course, others, but those are the five which leapt to mind.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Hard Candy in theaters last year. It was quite enjoyable. I just saw Children of Men (also good), but have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth playing anywhere.

My top 5 off the top of my head:

The Big Lebowski
A Clockwork Orange (nice pick, I love everything Kubrick)
Swingers
Pulp Fiction
Clerks

I've got all of P.T. Anderson's films and most of Aronofsky's and Fincher's movies so I'm down with your top 5. I've always loved action movies, too, so I've got a lot of them (Die Hards, Van Damme flicks, 15 Schwartzeneggars, etc).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: