ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Great Ohio/Indiana Meet Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the best weekend to have the gathering?
November 10th-12th
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
November 17th-18th
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
December 1st-3rd
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Before GH2 is released
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Children Of Men this weekend; definitely my pick for best movie of the year (the soundtrack is incredible). Since everyone else is doing it, here's a list of a few of my favorite movies...

- The Sweet Hereafter
- City of God
- Memento
- Office Space
- Audition

I'm also a fan of music videos (Michel Gondry is a genuis), and experimental animation (see my avatar). But I'm a huge fan of movies in general, and just about ANYTHING movie-wise will make me happy. I'll bring a few along just in case...

Oh, and I have a very strong and devious urge to bring along all my Karaoke Revolution games and force everyone to play a round.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh. I like movies .

Karaoke Revolution = no.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all like similar movies, obviously. I can pick one from each of those lists and compile a favorite's list of my own.

- Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
- Office Space
- Memento
- Pulp Fiction
- Fight Club

I have very eclectic tastes in movies even though my favorites don't really exhibit that. Never seen A Clockwork Orange, though. I've always wanted to and even downloaded the movie but never got around to watching it. I'm with you on the action movies, Dan. I love cheesy Schwarzeneggar films. Especially Running Man and Total Recall. Of course I love some of the slightly less cheesy ones like Predator and Terminator 1/2.

On further note, Katie MIGHT be coming with us as offered by David. We'll see what happens. Will we have enough space for her, David?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - my place is huge - also, the fouton is more than big enough to sleep two people, so we're fine.

It's really strange but, every single one of those films on these lists was on the shortlist to make my top 5 - I guess great/geeky minds think alike.

Oh - except Office Space - I've never seen it - I'm starting to think I should though - and Audition (assuming it's the Miike one) was the most fucked up thing I've ever seen (I loved it!! )
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Oh - except Office Space - I've never seen it - I'm starting to think I should though - and Audition (assuming it's the Miike one) was the most fucked up thing I've ever seen (I loved it!! )

Yeah, that's the Audition I was talking about --- I've got Miike's 'Imprint' on my queue in Netflix right now, from the (mostly terrible) Masters Of Horror series on Showtime - it's supposed to be equally creepy.

And yeah, Office Space is a classic --- required for anyone who has EVER worked in a cubicle.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the same as Audition, but another movie from the "East" which is very worth watching is "OldBoy" - I'm guessing that you've probably seen it already, but if not, it is a very interesting mixture of "Audition" style psychological horror, and some neat action scenes

There was a "Revenge" trilogy by the director, but I think Oldboy is meant to be the best of the three...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring Office Space, I guess. It's a timeless classic. My friends and I based our entire lives around Peter Gibbons when we graduated high school. Okay not to that extent, but we definitely quoted it a whole hell of a lot.

Edit: Now I actually work in an office so I appreciate the movie EVEN MORE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bust up the movie talk guys , but I think there's a problem TV availability.

static's mother was supposed to bring his TV and other items from home down to our apartment, but I think they had some family issues and I don't think she will be able to make it down here, the way to wuLFe's from my campus is quite different from going to his play from my hometown, just quite a bit out of the way.

If anyone else could bring a TV or anything that would be great, I'd hate for all of us to be stuck on the jumbo-tron all night.

Also wuLFe, if it isn't a problem, I think my other-other co-op partner (ace886) would like to come too if it isn't a problem...he's like static, not hard to entertain, easy to get along with all that. Just let me know if it's a problem, he seemed pretty bummed we were going and he wasn't ;).
malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PriestMLH wrote:
If anyone else could bring a TV or anything that would be great, I'd hate for all of us to be stuck on the jumbo-tron all night.

I can definitely bring one, no problem. It may be a bit small, but it should be fine for a 2nd TV. It's a older TV with no RCA jacks; I can bring an adaptor too if needed.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that probably wouldn't hurt...better safe than sorry /cheesy
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could bring a small TV (the 20" from my room). It has RCA jacks and is a pretty nice TV. It just seems a little small if we're doing Co-op or something.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
I could bring a small TV (the 20" from my room). It has RCA jacks and is a pretty nice TV. It just seems a little small if we're doing Co-op or something.

It's better than nothing - If you could bring it, I would appreciate it!!
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On our way
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving work now. Dan, expect me around 7PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I guess I'll have a little dinner and practice up so I don't get too destroyed tonight/tomorrow.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: