ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Wanna Be Sedated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: I Wanna Be Sedated Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll share my star power path here because I've spent so much time optimizing that I challenge anyone to beat my score (even you, ES!).

Star Power Strategy

The red parts represent squeezed notes. Star-power should not be activated during the red sections, although you still must hit these notes under star-power by rushing or delaying the beat (in some cases as much as possible without missing).

After the first activation ends before the next RB chord, you'll have 52,900 if you got one of the squeezed notes. If you're absolutely perfect you can get a double squeeze which will put you at 53,300 (in my 1st place score I missed this one, although I have done it twice in 5 hours of attempts so I know it's possible).

The next activation, it seems a double-squeeze that I have shown might be possible although I've never achieved it (since it's later in the song I don't get as many tries).

After this you must whammy all holds absolutely perfect (helps to hit them early too), and it is possible to get that last RY chord under SP. I never thought it was possible until my latest run when I got it.

For the 4th activation you need to whammy everything and start the activation a little after the first note (still getting it under star-power). Then getting in the last note isn't much of a squeeze compared to the others.

The last activation is all about maximizing held points such that you still hit the last note under star power. The more star power you get from whammying, the earlier you can activate within the hold. Optimally you want to activate at the earliest possible moment such that you squeeze the final note under starpower.

My best score following this strategy is 280,540 so far. I know for a fact I missed one double-squeeze (and a 2nd double-squeeze might be possible) and also I could've activated a bit earlier for more hold points at the end.

So at least 281,000 is possible, but good luck achieving it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I'll share my star power path here because I've spent so much time optimizing that I challenge anyone to beat my score (even you, ES!).

Star Power Strategy

The red parts represent squeezed notes. Star-power should not be activated during the red sections, although you still must hit these notes under star-power by rushing or delaying the beat (in some cases as much as possible without missing).

After the first activation ends before the next RB chord, you'll have 52,900 if you got one of the squeezed notes. If you're absolutely perfect you can get a double squeeze which will put you at 53,300 (in my 1st place score I missed this one, although I have done it twice in 5 hours of attempts so I know it's possible).

The next activation, it seems a double-squeeze that I have shown might be possible although I've never achieved it (since it's later in the song I don't get as many tries).

After this you must whammy all holds absolutely perfect (helps to hit them early too), and it is possible to get that last RY chord under SP. I never thought it was possible my latest run when I got it.

For the 4th activation you need to whammy everything and start the activation a little after the first note (still getting it under star-power). Then getting in the last note isn't much of a squeeze compared to the others.

The last activation is all about maximizing held points such that you still hit the last note under star power. The more star power you get from whammying, the earlier you can activate within the hold. Optimally you want to activate at the earliest possible moment such that you squeeze the final note under starpower.

My best score following this strategy is 280,540 so far. I know for a fact I missed one double-squeeze (and a 2nd double-squeeze might be possible) and also I could've activated a bit earlier for more hold points at the end.

So at least 281,000 is possible, but good luck achieving it!

did you whammy all of the holds, if not, that score would be beatable...
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:

JCirri wrote:
After this you must whammy all holds absolutely perfect (helps to hit them early too), and it is possible to get that last RY chord under SP. I never thought it was possible until my latest run when I got it.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:

Yes, I whammied all holds perfectly (some better than perfect by hitting them early).

But as I mentioned, my score is beatable by at least 500 points if someone were to time the last activation perfectly and get all the double-squeezes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so I've looked at JCirri's path and I can execute it fine, except for the double squeezes or whatever. but i dont understand how i can still be 10k points short. explainations?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check and make sure you're activating at the correct times. And also the top scores depend on whammying every note as much as possible, even the short stream of oranges. If you're not whammying these, then you could easily come up ~10k short.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used that exact strategy but lost by 14,000
kcarrutherz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I never knew exactly when to use it to maximize my score....thanks.
angusyoungisgod  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jcirri... now i have 7 stars and im in 75th place
Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Exactly how much much of a timing window is there for the double squeeze on that second activation? I could break 281K with some more hold ticks at the end, but I'd like to know if it's even possible (like the squeezes in YWC)
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Cdw01  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Piso wrote:
Exactly how much much of a timing window is there for the double squeeze on that second activation? I could break 281K with some more hold ticks at the end, but I'd like to know if it's even possible (like the squeezes in YWC)

A double squeeze on the 2nd activation is impossible by .047 beats. However, there is a 3rd double squeeze possible by moving the 4th activation a measure earlier to the third set of OY chords. So far I've only been able to get 2/3 double squeezes with a slightly late activation at the end, but I'm working on it...

Edit: What a night! I was able to get all 3 double squeezes three times, even twice in a row. The first time my whammy failed to register on the last few holds, so that absolutely sucked. Then a few tries later, I was able to get it again with 281,396, but I said I was going to get 281,4xx in IRC, so I tried again and on the very next try got 281,404.

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Well played dear Bender. Well played indeed.

I guess this is yours until I decide to try it again, but at least knowing what I've got to do will help out.

Until then... trying to figure out your Infected/MTAF squeezes. Arrgh.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Gibertram  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC score was 252k. i need a better path please!!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: SH Gi83rtr4m
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibertram wrote:
FC score was 252k. i need a better path please!!

Are you kidding? Look through this topic again, I guarantee you will find what you are looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: