Hey You
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Hey You Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star power guide for Hey You

http://www.purplefrog.com/~thoth/guitar-hero/hey-you-3.png

Get the first two star powers, whammy all you want. The next part is the intro to the chorus. The third time the RRG part occurs, activate star power right before it. It should run out right as you reach the single note hold (because the single note holds are worth fewer points).

The next set of star power is the BR chords. I'm not dexterous enough to whammy on those, sadly. The one after is a G---R---, whammy the red. Activate right before the next two GR chords. It should run out right as you reach the chorus (which is starred).

Get the stars on the first part of the chorus, the next ones are in the BR chords again. Activate after you get the power from the BR chords. This should carry you through a section of chords, with some time to spare.

Get the next two star powers right before the solo, and activate as soon as you can. Note: the second star power isn't displayed on the chart. It's the last iteration of the YB G YB G RRG theme, along with the Y--- to lead into the solo. It should fade *right* before the next star power (on the chart, 7th line from the bottom, the two BO notes).

Whammy the green note with star when it comes. You'll probably have a good deal of star power when it's over. I usually activate right when the next green note comes (I know, holds and not a lot of notes).

It should wear off before the main chorus comes around, which is starred. There's only one more star section after this, close to the end. Grab it and activate it when you get it--the biggest concentration of notes is there, rather than closer to the end.

That's about it.. using this strategy, my 100% score is 214,388, which is in 1st at the moment. Those who can whammy on the BR chords will probably top that soon. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
Those who can whammy on the BR chords will probably top that soon.

I just got 217,806. The key to improving the strategy mentioned above is whammying the 2nd set of starred BR holds (9th row from the bottom in the note chart). If you whammy this as much as possible, then you should activate star power immediately afterwards (before the very next RY chord). This will last right up until the next star power combo begins. The rest of the song follows Echelar's guide.

Also, to optimize your score, you should get into a habit of activating star power as late as possible (while still hitting your first target note). Then before the star power deactivates, rush the tempo a bit so that you hit as many notes as possible before it runs out.

In my last attempt, I know there was one more chord I could've hit under star power using this technique. Plus, in the beginning I didn't hold all the freezes to the very end. So there is still room for improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I must have spent 45 stinkin' minutes on this song last night. I played through it once, got 100%, but wasn't satisfied with 210k. After that, I proceeded to mess up somewhere in the song at least 10 times in a row. It was the most bizarre thing, considering Hey You is fairly easy to full combo.

Anyway, I eventually managed 216,625 with this method. I whammied the BR chords all the way, like J did. Echelar, have you tried grasping the whammy bar between your pinky and ring finger, so that you can strum and move the whammy bar at the same time? That seems to be the easiest method to whammy short holds.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
Echelar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try, but it messes me up a decent amount of the time. I stopped after 1 successful run for the score I posted above, and didn't want to try something tricky to ruin the score ... if I try it again, I'll go for broke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this path change for Medium difficulty? I came up with this exact same path yesterday night prior to reading this post. I whammied everthing to the maximum and held all sustained notes to their maximum length. I am still nearly 6000 short of Echelar's score.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riff wrote:
Does this path change for Medium difficulty? I came up with this exact same path yesterday night prior to reading this post. I whammied everthing to the maximum and held all sustained notes to their maximum length. I am still nearly 6000 short of Echelar's score.

I can't really say. However, here's a tip. As a general rule, if you refer to a strategy that Echelar made more than 2 weeks ago, it's probably wrong.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riff wrote:
Does this path change for Medium difficulty?

Yes. Look for SPs you can get a usable bar of SP out of (7.5 beats) by themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geez, its obvious now. So what does this say about the SP awards? Apparently you don't need eight full beats before you can activate star power. It also doesnt give a "Star Power Ready!" alert.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riff wrote:
Oh geez, its obvious now. So what does this say about the SP awards? Apparently you don't need eight full beats before you can activate star power. It also doesnt give a "Star Power Ready!" alert.

You should see a "SP ready" if you did it right.

Also, I think the amount of time you need to whammy to get that 1/4 bar is 7.5 beats, but you can get it out of a 7.25 beat note if you actually play the note early (i.e. infected first SP).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:

Also, I think the amount of time you need to whammy to get that 1/4 bar is 7.5 beats, but you can get it out of a 7.25 beat note if you actually play the note early (i.e. infected first SP).

I was able to whammy the second pair of chords in Hey You so that the meter appeared half full and I was able to activate star power after I let a few seconds elapse. It never displayed the "Star Power Ready!" message.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riff wrote:
Echelar wrote:

I was able to whammy the second pair of chords in Hey You so that the meter appeared half full and I was able to activate star power after I let a few seconds elapse. It never displayed the "Star Power Ready!" message.

That's a bit weird. Always does for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted a new #1 score for this song, 221,775. Barely edging out Echelar.

I'm pretty sure it's a new star power path, since I never quite manage to whammy those repeated notes exactly right.

I'll post my star path soon, once I get over the thrill of being No. 1 Mr. Green
malictus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'll go ahead and post this. I'm sure it means I'll get knocked out of 1st place soon, but oh well....

malictus Hey You strategy

(There's a glitch in the pic for some reason, but you can still get the jist of my strategy.)

The moral of the story is.... always try your own strategy before 'cheating' and looking at the note chart and other people's posted strategies. Had I looked at the chart first I would have never thought I had a good strategy --- after all, I miss 3 star powers doing it this way!
Echelar  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
Eh, I'll go ahead and post this. I'm sure it means I'll get knocked out of 1st place soon, but oh well....

malictus Hey You strategy

(There's a glitch in the pic for some reason, but you can still get the jist of my strategy.)

The moral of the story is.... always try your own strategy before 'cheating' and looking at the note chart and other people's posted strategies. Had I looked at the chart first I would have never thought I had a good strategy --- after all, I miss 3 star powers doing it this way!

Well, I'd already beaten your score back when I saw this... but your path is definitely different than mine. I'll go play yours to see if it's better :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: