ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hey You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echelar  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
malictus wrote:
Eh, I'll go ahead and post this. I'm sure it means I'll get knocked out of 1st place soon, but oh well....

malictus Hey You strategy

(There's a glitch in the pic for some reason, but you can still get the jist of my strategy.)

The moral of the story is.... always try your own strategy before 'cheating' and looking at the note chart and other people's posted strategies. Had I looked at the chart first I would have never thought I had a good strategy --- after all, I miss 3 star powers doing it this way!

Well, I'd already beaten your score back when I saw this... but your path is definitely different than mine. I'll go play yours to see if it's better :P

It's better. I got 221955 with my path, and 222687 with yours (one use slightly tweaked).

Good job, sir!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it... I can't crack 220k with this path, and that's with whammying all the short holds.
malictus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it over and over many times before posting my 221,xxx score. I was experimenting with slight tweaks here and there, so my path my not be exactly what I took that time note for note. But it's definitely the right basic path.
02BlackWS6  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
Echelar wrote:
malictus wrote:
Eh, I'll go ahead and post this. I'm sure it means I'll get knocked out of 1st place soon, but oh well....

malictus Hey You strategy

(There's a glitch in the pic for some reason, but you can still get the jist of my strategy.)

The moral of the story is.... always try your own strategy before 'cheating' and looking at the note chart and other people's posted strategies. Had I looked at the chart first I would have never thought I had a good strategy --- after all, I miss 3 star powers doing it this way!

Well, I'd already beaten your score back when I saw this... but your path is definitely different than mine. I'll go play yours to see if it's better :P

It's better. I got 221955 with my path, and 222687 with yours (one use slightly tweaked).

Good job, sir!

Nice path, slightly tweaked got me 222633 only 75 points behind Echelar but I don't know where those points are hiding

02BlackWS6  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I found the missing points and then some. The last activation you use 2.75 measures later on the RY chord and it lasts until the last RB chord. But you have to manage to get all the squeezes and get star power from the 2 sets of RB sustains during the song.

rude95841  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar

try using mal's path but istead of waiting for three on 4th activation go on next note.. then catch the last two sets and go imediatly i changed to that path and my score went up a lot like 3k (lol) anyways I suck at squeezing so you try my path and get 1st again.

-edit - after looking at it again i realized i wasn't using mal's SP at all i was screwing up the 3rd activation and 4th.

when i did it his way i got enough to go into 11th place
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used this path and I got 215,625

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
02BlackWS6  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read 2 posts up. 2nd place now, but I know where the other squeeze is it's just hard to get.

Piso  

Location: Long Island... owait, Vancouver Island... Yep, Vancouver Island.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else is able to whammy out an activation from the RB chords at measures 25-27/47-49... is there perhaps a better path which could use one of those as a lonesome activation?
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

My GH2 co-op paths hosting

10:56 JR626-1 : i'm half retarded now
10:56 jaimeclaude : now?
10:56 psxfreak101 : only half?

Slowhand  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I jump in the pool too?

Short answer Piso.....yes. This post is moot if you can't get a half meter from 3 and 6

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2648/hardheyyouni6.jpg
Follow the light green path and the red path at the end.

Long diatribe with irrelevance added read below

1 - fun fact. first song I ever FC'ed in expert. I was so proud, entered the score and got.....409th place. WTF The oh yeah technique matters eye opener.

2. My chart is not meant to be confusing, but after counting and re-counting, I got lazy and posted it.

3. Piso's final activation start at measure 89 was better than the Mal version. Although there are several cryptic references to tweaks, that may have been one of them.

4. I've never gotten an activation from those 2 single sp's, and I don't know if it'spossible to do so. If it is possible, I'm a little surprised that know one has mentioned a better path doing it because.........................

wait for it.........................

it allows you to go 2-1-2-1-2-3(1) and make use of 2 previously skipped sp's. Sp 12 seems to be useless to everyone.

And I realize my chart is not drawn perfect. But the differnce in notes with this path is so huge (over 40, yes....over 40) that it doesn't matter.

2 - same start as erverybody
1 - If possible, starting on the next chord is about 48 notes. (+48)trogdor
(going 2 here gives 45 notes not counting overlap) total -3 new total +45
2 - next chord after sp5 with whammy can play all the way to sp6 (+11) total +14 trogdor
1 - next chord gets you about 44 (+44) total = +58 trogdor
(using 6 and 7 together gets you about 34.5 before overlapping sections)
new total 23.5... trogdor
2 - using 7 and 8 together and getting it all before sp 9 is about 17 notes (+17) newest total....... +40.5

Fuckin' TROGDOR A

Feel free to double check my counts I might be off a little. This is only fantasy strat. for me as I can't get those activations. If no one can, then I just wasted your time spent reading this.

final edit - someone with talent please try this and tell me if this is full of sh*t or not.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Piso  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
4. I've never gotten an activation from those 2 single sp's, and I don't know if it'spossible to do so.

Yeah, it's possible. I got it on the 6 one run about a week ago, freaked right the fuck out and lost my FC run. I didn't think there was enough whammy to get with the chords in the middle, but it's possible with really good whammy skills.

I'll give it a try later tonight when I've got the chance. I really only have the time to post with this, I'll give your calculations a look-over later.
Welcome, Piso. Your last login was Sep. 6, 2009, 1:41AM. - From April 25th, 2010. Hihi.

Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never gotten an activation from those phrases alone. The chart is lacking some of the holds so I don't know exactly how much there is.

-Can someone verify the amount of whammy beats?
-Has anyone gotten half a bar from these before?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Sully you're right. When I filled in the missing hold gaps I just drew the R and B straight scross, but now that I think about it there are gaps between the chords. I think the people who can get activations from 7.25 beat holds might be able to do it. Once again, if it was easy and possible, this path would have been posted a year ago.
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Piso  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Alright, I just gone one of the 1 activations on video! I fucked up the activation after and ran over the next 1, so I just stopped recording. I'll put the video up, and try some more. I'll edit the video into this post when it's done processing.

Edit: Video is up here

Jed  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I finally got it.

Now, under normal circumstances, I don't think a lefty could EVER get those activations, but I figured out a method that works some of the time.

I played just that part keyboard style. SG flat on my lap, index on strum, thumb on whammy. It's the only way I can start each whammy early enough to get it, and even then it requires insane timing. Here's a pic of how I hold it (just imagine it flat on my lap)

The strum bar and whammy bar are parallel to each other. I find it's easiest to hold it this way. It took a LOT of runs to get this, I'm proud that I even pulled off the path, regardless of the score or the placement.

Piso will crush this score easily. :P Others will that execute the path better than I did. But for what I've done tonight, I'm more than content.

Thanks to Slowhand for the visual path, and Piso for actually pulling off the one activation on video which got my ass in gear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jedlyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: