ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Expert Guitar Hero Players in Australia... (Queensland?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhD  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwilightNights wrote:
Lols! I was at AVCON, just so I could play Guitar Hero. And there's a lack of good expert players. Period.

Golden Grove... i've been a couple of times... it's a fair way from the hills though. And about being outdone by me - my friends say I play too much

Yeah im staring at the avcon postcard thing with the manga chick holding the guitar.. i was going to go just for the GH session but turned out i couldnt make it.. - What was it like? what was the format?

So just how far out in the "hills" are you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting.... For.... Queenslanders.... LOL.

Damn, PhD... reckon I should change the thread title or something? We need to get as many Aussies in this thread and commenting if u ask me! Even if they're say 10 years old, live in the middle of nowhere and struggle on easy, it's still interesting to know theres other Guitar Heroers out there.

Guitar Hero 1: 33/47
Guitar Hero 2: 63/64
Guitar Hero 80's: 26/30
Guitar Hero 3: 67/70

Total: 189/211

Currently working on: GH2X score improvements/Jordan

Current Jordan Score: 466099

Most recent score improvements:
26/8 John The Fisherman (+8)
3/8 Bad Reputation (+204)
31/7 Tattooed Love Boys (+127)
30/7 Surrender (+112)
22/7 Bad Reputation (+24)
3/7 Jordan (+15211)
PhD  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squigglejoe wrote:
Waiting.... For.... Queenslanders.... LOL.

Damn, PhD... reckon I should change the thread title or something? We need to get as many Aussies in this thread and commenting if u ask me! Even if they're say 10 years old, live in the middle of nowhere and struggle on easy, it's still interesting to know theres other Guitar Heroers out there.

Yeah sorry SJ, noted... well.. u know its just like so exciting to hear of others from australia on here... you kinda.. well.. get excited especially from your home town..

Doesnt seem like too many qld'ers floating around..

Should be like australians unite.. from anywhere, as you said

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Melbourne. I wouldn't consider myself an "expert" player, but I know how to squeeze and have 1st place overall on Easy GH2 Xbox 360. If anyone cares. I'll be 33 on Friday. Wow, suddenly I feel old.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
PhD  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
I'm in Melbourne. I wouldn't consider myself an "expert" player, but I know how to squeeze and have 1st place overall on Easy GH2 Xbox 360. If anyone cares. I'll be 33 on Friday. Wow, suddenly I feel old.

Happy birthday for Friday mate.. im catching up to ya.. im 27.. maybe one day soon i might be able to go to melbourne for a couple days for work..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD wrote:
TwilightNights wrote:
Lols! I was at AVCON, just so I could play Guitar Hero. And there's a lack of good expert players. Period.

Golden Grove... i've been a couple of times... it's a fair way from the hills though. And about being outdone by me - my friends say I play too much

Yeah im staring at the avcon postcard thing with the manga chick holding the guitar.. i was going to go just for the GH session but turned out i couldnt make it.. - What was it like? what was the format?

So just how far out in the "hills" are you?

Yeah, I'm wearing my avcon shirt right now I absolutely wowed everyone when I was just playing for fun in the gaming rooms, but they screwed up the tourney big time. First of all, they had four people play Jessica on hard, then they decided that that was going to take too long, so they started making everyone play Thunderhorse on hard. Turns out they didn't have the right AV cables to go from the PS2/360 to the wide-screen tv, so there was massive lag. HO/PO's didn't work either.

It was probably the shittiest tourney that I have ever been to/heard of, and I hope the guys running it got sacked.

Lols! Hills... I'm in the stirling/aldgate/mylor region. I'm about a 25 - 30 minute drive from the CBD, so it's not that far.

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
200 FCs across GH5, GH3, GHM, GH:SH [ ]
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
FGFC GH5 [ ] (21st Man left)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xTwilightDawnx
PhD  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwilightNights wrote:
Yeah, I'm wearing my avcon shirt right now I absolutely wowed everyone when I was just playing for fun in the gaming rooms, but they screwed up the tourney big time. First of all, they had four people play Jessica on hard, then they decided that that was going to take too long, so they started making everyone play Thunderhorse on hard. Turns out they didn't have the right AV cables to go from the PS2/360 to the wide-screen tv, so there was massive lag. HO/PO's didn't work either.

It was probably the shittiest tourney that I have ever been to/heard of, and I hope the guys running it got sacked.

Lols! Hills... I'm in the stirling/aldgate/mylor region. I'm about a 25 - 30 minute drive from the CBD, so it's not that far.

Ah you're THAT way in the hills .. gotchya..
probably a good thing i didnt go to avcon sounds like a real blast (not) ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, apart from the shitty tourney, it was actually quite fun. I met a few guys there who are ok on expert, and one of them I'm good friends with now. He also has a scorehero account - search up TheWizard for his scores.

We should get together sometime and do some co-op/pro face-off in a shopping center or something - wow the shit out of everyone

EDIT: Even though a 27yo playing guitar hero with a 14yo would be sorta weird.

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xTwilightDawnx
Squigglejoe  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Moves to Adelaide*

I might just leave the topic title for now, it seems to be attracting more Aussies anyway. Theres nearly 100 000 members here and so far about 10 Aussies... hopefully more can notice this topic! We've just gotta keep it bumped towards the top . Chances of finding somebody in my hometown are pretty slim though (population 28 000). Thats like not even close to half of ScoreHero lol. As for Twilight and PhD, u 2 playin together doesnt seem weird. Who knows u might have the same interests n stuff. Either way it'd be so awesome to play co-op/pro face off with someone on Expert as well (that don't suck)

30/7 Surrender (+112)
3/7 Jordan (+15211)
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD wrote:
tma wrote:

Happy birthday for Friday mate.. im catching up to ya.. im 27.. maybe one day soon i might be able to go to melbourne for a couple days for work..

Thanks. I get the feeling I'm always going to be ahead of you though. ;)

I know a 2 or 3 other decent GH players in Melbourne who aren't on ScoreHero, but I'm the best out of all of them. I don't think any of them have finished Expert yet.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
TwilightNights  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squigglejoe wrote:
*Moves to Adelaide*

I might just leave the topic title for now, it seems to be attracting more Aussies anyway. Theres nearly 100 000 members here and so far about 10 Aussies... hopefully more can notice this topic! We've just gotta keep it bumped towards the top . Chances of finding somebody in my hometown are pretty slim though (population 28 000). Thats like not even close to half of ScoreHero lol. As for Twilight and PhD, u 2 playin together doesnt seem weird. Who knows u might have the same interests n stuff. Either way it'd be so awesome to play co-op/pro face off with someone on Expert as well (that don't suck)

I know what you mean Squiggle. I've played co-op a couple of times with people on expert - and they either suck, or they want to play Jessica, and they suck at that. Yeah, as for me playing with PhD, I live about an hour away from him, which is a long way when your 14. Still, it'd be cool to play with him. (Also pissed off at myself right now - screwed up a Six run last night when if I hadn't bombed the outro i would have had around 420k, and missed one note in solo 2b of Sweet Child O' Mine this morning -_-).

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
Squigglejoe  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwilightNights wrote:
Squigglejoe wrote:
*Moves to Adelaide*

I know what you mean Squiggle. I've played co-op a couple of times with people on expert - and they either suck, or they want to play Jessica, and they suck at that. Yeah, as for me playing with PhD, I live about an hour away from him, which is a long way when your 14. Still, it'd be cool to play with him. (Also pissed off at myself right now - screwed up a Six run last night when if I hadn't bombed the outro i would have had around 420k, and missed one note in solo 2b of Sweet Child O' Mine this morning -_-).

Lol nice, i have a -1 on Solo 2B as well in SCOM I can never get that ending except for the 1 time that I stuffed up before it.. I HATE DOING THAT. As for Six well that's probably my best GH2 song (sig for more). My friends generally suck at expert as well so its no fun doing pro faceoff with them... however, its quite hilarious to watch them do pro faceoff together . Also a co-op partner that doesnt play on medium/hard and still get worst performer would be great

Edit: I also find it quite funny that u 2 can live in the same place and be 1 hour apart lol. Makes me realise how pathetic Maryborough is I could ride my bike from 1 side to the other in under an hour... not that I would ever do that but just making a point! Probably even half an hour Our population is probably 1% of Adelaide... and thats without exaggerating!

30/7 Surrender (+112)
3/7 Jordan (+15211)
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, I thought I posted in this thread before.

Either way, +1 to the Queenslander tally (Kiwi, but whatever :p).

Yeah, I'm primarily a hard player, but I can hold my own on expert :p
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
TwilightNights  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lols, well, I don't actually live in Adelaide... close enough though, only 10 -15 minute drive to get there. I watched your Six vid though, that was awesome. My run was almost identical, except I screwed up the solo, and the outro -_-. I honestly have never heard of Maryborough, so I wouldn't know what its like. Also, yeah, its funny to watch people that screw up all the time on hard/expert play against each other, especially Monkey Wrench .

Mmm... the one time I hit everything up to that bit in solo 2b in SCOM, i screw it up. Yet, when I miss something before that, I can hit that bit.. I hate the way that works. Sometimes I wish I had hands like HellAshes, or Kov.

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
Squigglejoe  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
Whoa, I thought I posted in this thread before.

Either way, +1 to the Queenslander tally (Kiwi, but whatever :p).

Yeah, I'm primarily a hard player, but I can hold my own on expert :p

Yeah i had a different thread that you commented in =) this one seems to be staying alive though (and im gonna make sure it does!) Your in the Gold Coast right? I'm actually playing hard myself now, kinda getting sick of Expert.. probably go back to it later. But I'm hoping to get to the top 10 of hard! Gonna take me a while to get through all the songs but I'm getting there =) So far... \/

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=44857&game=2&diff=3

To Twilight - Maryboroughs population is 25 000 - 28 000... theres a reason why u havent heard of it! Google Earth will solve your problems, or maybe an Atlas? Anyway, pretty much any song in general is fun to watch my mates on expert. But crazy chord change is the best! Electric Eye on the 80's... my Pepsi came out of my nose. Enough said, it was hilarious to see their attempts. Not to mention my mates score of 150 after the unexpected intro on Play With Me. Yeah... 3 notes...

30/7 Surrender (+112)
3/7 Jordan (+15211)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: