ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ziggy Stardust

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Ziggy Stardust Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refer to: http://www.purplefrog.com/~thoth/guitar-hero/ziggy-stardust-3.png

Play normally with whammys on the star notes until you get to the first barrage of chords. You should have a FULL bar, so use it when you get to the YO chords. It should run out just as you exit the section to the GY chord.

Again, play normally. When the chord section comes around again, the first ones are starred, so get the star power and immediately use it. You should exit star power right when the BO starred chords come (the chart doesn't have it starred, but they are). Don't whammy these much.

Play the solo, at the end of the solo when it goes back to the chords, the notes leading into it are starred (RYB---). Activate star power as soon as you play the blue note.

It should run out right when another starred section is in front of you (RB chords). Play those, continue on. There's only one more star section in the song, so get that and use away.

My best run on this technique is 228,820 with a mess up in the fast part of the solo, which is a 1st place right now. I'd guess a perfect run is around 235,000 ... because my slip up is close to a chord + star power use section, so costly in points.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow; see, these are the kind of strats I was hoping to see eventually. Nice work! I'll have to try this as well as your others tomorrow.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
stv2049  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Different approach Reply with quote

I've been struggling with 100% on this song so I've seen the beginning dozens of times:

I've noticed that if you DON'T whammy (sometimes only a slight whammy...) through all of the initial stars, when you grab the last stars before the first chord runs, right about when the singer sings, "...well hung with a snow white tan..." I've been coming out of SP right at the moment when the final starred chords (Y+O) hit.

I'm wondering what cascade effects this causes down the line, and whether a 'maximized SP' run using this approach would yield a higher score. I also am aware of the second set of starred chords in the 2nd chord section.

I notice that when I've used Echelar's strategy (even one where you're only focusing on building up SP, then releasing it at the beginning of the chord sections) I always hit the final set of stars and end up with residual unused SP at the end of the song.

Tonight I plan to put together a 100% run. Whether or not that also includes my maximized SP ideas remains to be seen.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any residual SP in mine. Let me diagram it:

Like you said, there is a wasted SP in the first use, but I couldn't find a good way to get it and still get the same # of points.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Different approach Reply with quote

sorry. I blame technology for the double post.

I'll just be happy with 100%. The 5 triplets are what kill me.

Last edited by stv2049 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Echelar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uh, maybe you meant to post something besides repeating your previous post?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys hit the 16th notes in the solo? They're the only thing keeping me from hitting my desired score. I have the rest of the song down perfectly (I have the SP timing nearly exact), but I always break my streak somewhere in the 16th notes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar - Ziggy Stardust Hard SP
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
82erkle  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was totally gonna miss in there too, HylianHero. I can't believe I hit it. I didn't use sully's path and my score wasn't too great. 228K I got I think. Gonna retry it with sully's path later.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: