ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Yes! Season 6 starts today! (NO C League Though!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Yes! Season 6 starts today! (NO C League Though!) Reply with quote

If you are coming here to check to see if the leagues start today...the answer is yes!

Unfortunately, we are running a bit behind. I still have to process all signups.
elx and I still have to go through B and C league quals.

Expect the respective league threads and songs to be posted throughout the day as each league manager gets his act together. Some of these might not be until tonight.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Also, if you have any questions before we start, post them here.

There will be NO C-League This season!!
Sorry guys, I looked over the roster. Several of you (including you thecaptainof at #108 rank) needed bumping up. Several others had no scores posted. This meant I had a total of 12 qualified players. I will go ahead and update the hard roster with your names. If you choose not to participate in hard, I understand. I highly encourage you to try. elx is being very strict on hard signups and has kicked all the top b1 players out. You may find you do better than you think.

Last edited by rabies on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
drift  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I want to join, but i forgot the season in which i last participated...

My application is in the sign up forum.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes! Season 6 starts today! Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
if you have any questions before we start, post them here.

I guess just, is the C League gonna run? There were 11 participants at last update and not many more since... and most of them need to be qualified, so I'm guessing it's a no?

Like I said in the signup topic, I'd be wasting my time participating in a higher league (assuming you'd bump people up) so I'll have to pull out if it doesn't run.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
krazeek  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be heart broken if League C isn't going to be up this season. I'd get creamed if I was bumped up to the next level
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly guys...I'd bump up if need be. I moved from C to B (Seasons 2-3) and it was one of the best things that I did. Yes, you might be right near the bottom...but there is only one way to go from there...UP!!! It will make you better at the game, thus, have a better time overall (after a while ). Medium and Easy will start to become a breeze, and soon you'll start racking up some FC's and such.
Anyway...just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be in it.. I signed up at like 2PM EST yesterday, because it was the first I heard of a league.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have 17 for C...let me go through quals..if all 17 qual..I'll run the league....if too many need bumping, I might drop...you'll know in an hour or so.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I want to stress the following:

THERE IS NO PS2 GH2 league this season. If you signed up for PS2 expert in the signup thread, you signed up for the 80s expert PS2 league.

I have feeling several of you signed up without realizing what you signed up for.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80's all the way!

Although I know, just for me, the first songs are going to be: BiM, LA, WiLAY, and some other song I hate playing >_>
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RocketMan wrote:
Honestly guys...I'd bump up if need be. I moved from C to B (Seasons 2-3) and it was one of the best things that I did. Yes, you might be right near the bottom...but there is only one way to go from there...UP!!! It will make you better at the game, thus, have a better time overall (after a while ). Medium and Easy will start to become a breeze, and soon you'll start racking up some FC's and such.

Y'know, I didn't really think of it like that... which is a bit odd given how much the league helped my play last time.

That combined with the fact that I've probably played 80s about as much on hard as I have on medium... well, we'll see whether the medium league runs, but I might consider bumping up if it doesn't.

(...and thanks to rabies, of course.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
RocketMan wrote:

Y'know, I didn't really think of it like that... which is a bit odd given how much the league helped my play last time.

That combined with the fact that I've probably played 80s about as much on hard as I have on medium... well, we'll see whether the medium league runs, but I might consider bumping up if it doesn't.

(...and thanks to rabies, of course.)

I was in the middle of FCing medium (and was stuck on Psycobilly on expert), then went for the eyeball. I have like 10 songs left, but now I am stuck on FB because of how it helps you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Also, I want to stress the following:

THERE IS NO PS2 GH2 league this season. If you signed up for PS2 expert in the signup thread, you signed up for the 80s expert PS2 league.

I have feeling several of you signed up without realizing what you signed up for.

Well, they will find out soon enough, and unfortunately they will be disappointed, however if they don't have 80's they wouldn't be able to play anyway..unless they have an 360 as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting anxiously!

And this should be my third and last season on Hard; after this, I'll be good enough to bump to Expert and stay low, way low, for a while. I've improved enough that I'm going back to GH1 and getting things like 30-50k better scores on Hard and getting my remaining 5*s - except for the last tier, which will take a while...

Without the league, I would never have done as well! Thank you, Scorehero!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay im excited
im expert so i need to be qualified since im new

Sig by Lun471k. Thanks!
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RocketMan wrote:
Anyway...just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.

I concur; this may be my first season playing, but I do know that I used to be safe playing medium and getting consistent, if not low, 5*s and if i hadn't taken the next step to hard I would have never improved, and ditto for hard-to-expert. What you'll notice though is that when you take that next difficulty step, you actually retroactively improve as well a lot faster than you would have had you been practicing the lower level. I didn't realize how much better I had gotten at hard until I started playing it again and started FCing songs, which would have been unthinkable a year ago! Thus, I can tell you from experience that RocketMan is absolutely correct; don't just wait 'til next season if C is cancelled; challenge yourself!

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: