ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
80s - S6 - PS2 - League OB/B Thread - Week 4 Songs Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jph93  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^

Perhaps you clicked return to menu.
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably.

Eh, like I said, just means I have to work harder this week.

CiaM - My goal this week is so close... I'm basically hoping that everyone else does bad. >_>

Shakin' - ... So may -1 and-2 runs in the past few days. >_< I have a feeling someone's gonna beat me by, like, 12. >_>

18 and Life - Damn you, Solo C.

Ballroom Blitz - ... No comment.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
Andyrew  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballroom blitz is fairly simple. . .
Teh only song im havin a bit of trouble with is CIaM.
The rest are easy.
I say easy. They're do-able.

Andyrew <3's BA
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andyrew1210
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I'll be pulling out of this league now.

My PS2 is buried somewhere in the hell of my room since we've had my uncle come to stay in the spare room where it used to be set up. So, on that, it's too much of a hassle to dig it out and set it up just to play four songs for a league where I've submitted three weeks of scores and am still being slayed by two people who only submitted the first week.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
krazeek  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught in a Mosh is the only one that is giving me trouble. The rest I did fairly well on, but will still be put in the 30's for them probably.
Andyrew  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight has gone well.
I've pretty much got all of my scores now.
Just gonna try and improve my CIaM score.
Though i dont think it will happen.
Keep making shitty mistakes.
As for the rest. . . I'm happy!

Andyrew <3's BA
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andyrew1210
Gyle41386  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scores are in.

Thrilled with Shakin'. One of my best scores on any of the games in the series. That's not saying much, but still.

18 and Life could be better, but I always find a new way to make a mistake. I've had 5 or 6 runs where I've nailed Solo C and missed elsewhere. All in all, I like my star power usage.

Ballroom Blitz has always killed me. I can 5 star it, but that's about it.

Caught in a Mosh is my worst song in the game. Can't 5 star it. The rhythm kills me because my strum bar blows.

Hopefully I'll move up a bit this week...good luck everyone
krazeek  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will be dropping out of this league. I am getting a Xbox 360 and I'm trading in my PS2 and all the games. I won't be getting guitar hero 2 for the 360 because its a waste of money so I won't be submitting scores or in any leagues until GHIII comes out.

Hope to see some of you around. I'll be lurking the site from time to time though
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my take on the songs after playing them (likely as well as I will end up doing on them)

Shakin': My best score and likely to earn me my weekly 16th lol (dont count the 1st week )

18 & Life: While Solo C makes me wish the first half of the song wasn't so slow (so if I missed it I could just retry the song), I like my score and may keep it.

Ballroom Blitz: After hours and hours of playing, I finally beat my previous high score and am probably going to stay with it unless I decide to play it tomorrow for one last swing at it.

Caught in a Mosh: At first this song made me want to scream, because, similar to Ballroom Blitz, it took me forever and ever to get anywhere near my highscore and I still was 4k short . However, after a lucky run, I totally pwned my old score and thus, even though I personally think my new score still sucks (as my old score did too, just a lot more horribly), I probably won't play this again.

I'm just hoping I don't lose my playoff spot this week

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
Jph93  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate my shakin' score, but I just can't do any better.

Is the 3rd RY squeeze possible? I've come close, and Matt### somehow got 159531, so I'm assuming that's where it came from.

I had one decent run tickwise, but I still can't get my mind away from the fact that I can't hit that squeeze.

If I FC CiaM, the score will be under 400000. I still can't hit select while alt strumming, so I have to tilt the guitar= unprecise timing and sucky squeezing.

I haven't even tried BB, but if I have enough time I'm sure I can FC it.

As for 18aL, embarresing as it is, I may not FC it. That solo C is just hit or miss for me, and the hit only happens 5% of the time.
Shock  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jph93 wrote:
I hate my shakin' score, but I just can't do any better.

Is the 3rd RY squeeze possible? I've come close, and Matt### somehow got 159531, so I'm assuming that's where it came from.

I haven't got it either but it looks like its possible with perfect execution. Just like that bitch of a squeeze in LA. I'm sure someone in this league will get it but it ain't gonna be me and there won't be very many.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite my previous message, I set the PS2 up this afternoon to watch a DVD so figured I might as well play the songs.

Shakin' is alright for me.

18 & Life isn't as good as it should be.

Caught In A Mosh doesn't bear thinking about - I won't say this very often about anything (particularly given my taste in experimental weirdness) but this 'song' really doesn't sound like music to me. I can't pick out a tune or rhythm, hence I suck at playing it. Dead last, I'd imagine.

Ballroom Blitz... I wish my score was a typo. Alas, it wasn't. Fairly sure I'll be dead last on this song too.

Ah well, that's over for another season. I'll do the Xbox 360 hard league next season, I've got the eyeball on that one... skinny-neck guitar controller FTW, etc.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Jph93  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakin- Like I said; not upset, but definetly not happy.

Ballroom Blitz- I'm actually happy with this one. Not ecstatic, but happy.

18 and Life- I must have the wrong path, because if I performed optimally I'd still be 100 away from 1st, but I'm still SORTA happy with this one.

Caught in a Mosh- There's no doubt in my mind that if I submitted my current score, I'd bottom 10.
Niall  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auuuuuugh!!

I'm taking the time to play more this week, but...

Shakin: It took me forever to nail it. I should definitely be top 10 for this.

18 and life: Solo C can go out the door. Can't FC because of it. Still, so very close to my goal - but not top 10.

Ballroom Blitz: this is a shitty, shitty cover version of the real song, with guitar pell-mell without rhyme or reason. I can't even remember my path as I try to catch up with the weird note and chord changes. Probably about 17th.

CIAM: I've carefully studied the chart. I've practiced at Slowest to catch on to the rhythm - and yes, thecaptainof, there is indeed a rhythm and a tune; it's just that both change time signatures every now and then, but I can reasonably keep up with it and remember where to activate my SP path. I can get most of the HOPOs. And yet I've not even cracked the score I got on my original sightread!! Jph93, I'm joining you in the bottom 10 - the only ones below me are those who fail it...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...my scores are in, though, I might be able to squeeze in a few more runs. Not sure yet...I'm getting kinda mad/bored with these songs.
Shakin and 18 & Life ~ I cant outscore my previous best...CLOSE...but not quite Getting both MAD and bored with them!!!
BB and CiaM ~ I've got some good runs on them. BB is done for sure, CiaM may get a few more points...just getting mad at it, thus not playing well.

I hope to "stay in" a playoff spot!!! I was feeling comfortable at the end of last week, bumping myself up to 13th...but now with the scores I'm looking at, I'm just a little worried
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: