ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
80s - S6 - PS2 - League OB/B Thread - Week 4 Songs Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RStah44  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I have a small chance for a playoff spot. But hell it was fun to play in the OB league for this season.
[X] Rank Top 500 in Expert
Leagues:
S5 B-league- 2nd Regular Season- Quarter Finalist in Playoffs
S6 OB-league- 15th Regular Season- Round 1 Finalist in Playoffs
PDPablo  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my take on this weeks songs:

18 & Life: solo c... need i say more?

Shakin': i'm happy with my score on this one for now, but i wont be surprised if somebody passes it

Ballroom Blitz: let's just say it's better than it used to be

Caught In A Mosh: idk if i'm gonna get a better score for this one... i keep getting a case of butter-fingers in random parts of it
I just want to go back in time, find the glue-sniffing crack fiend that said "I think Slayer's 'Raining Blood' would be an excellent song for GHIII", bludgeon him/her repeatedly with my old X-plorer, and impale them with the jagged end of the broken neck. And I'd make whoever is responsible for the note chart to that song watch intently, knowing full well that they will be next.

Season 6 League B winner (2nd overall in reg. season)
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niall wrote:
and yes, thecaptainof, there is indeed a rhythm and a tune; it's just that both change time signatures every now and then

Heh, I don't have a problem with shifting time signatures... it's just racket that doesn't sound like anything that gets me.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Andyrew  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my scores are in good luck to you all im going for top 10 this week.

Andyrew <3's BA
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andyrew1210
rojocapo610  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damm you solo c .
i did alot better at ciam then at ballroom blitz it really suprized me.
ballroom is going to be my downfall this time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4452935267237486
JAlvarez86  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my results r in even tho there is alot of time left.. wont be home for the rest of the night so had to send them in now.. i feel very good about my scores this week again.. BB- sucked balls but did very good on that.. Caught in a Mosh- got REALLY LUCKY one time and did really good.. well hopefully i am still in the playoff spots.. good luck guys.. peace

Week 1- [3rd]
Week 2- [9th]
Week 3- [5th]
Week 4- [4th]
rojocapo610  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAlvarez86 wrote:
my results r in even tho there is alot of time left.. wont be home for the rest of the night so had to send them in now.. i feel very good about my scores this week again.. BB- sucked balls but did very good on that.. Caught in a Mosh- got REALLY LUCKY one time and did really good.. well hopefully i am still in the playoff spots.. good luck guys.. peace

same here. i didnt get really lucky but i got lucky in one run during the week then it didnt happen again the doble strums are killing me.
i reached my goal thats was having a 3 in front of my ciam score.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4452935267237486
Loberto  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like most everyone had the same experience with the songs this week. There's going to be an interesting split in the 18 scores - those who can consistently play solo C, and those of us who can't. I picked an SP path for Shakin that isn't optimal. Maybe I'll get time to change that. I can play all the parts of BB - I just can't play them all together it would seem. And as for CiaM, I finally started alt strumming on it. Took a while to get the rhythm down, because for some reason I tend to syncopate my alt strumming. I usually do better to just down strum everything except isolated really fast bits - like solo C in 18 - but CiaM is just too damn long for that. Anyway, I made my goal in CiaM, but it's still a crappy score.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 2157904225307196
Niall  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally managed a better score on CiaM than my original sightread. But I'm still in the 20s for it. Got better at BB - not my goal, but at least close. So I won't go down overall by more than 2 - which would put me at 11th.. ah well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Niall wrote:
and yes, thecaptainof, there is indeed a rhythm and a tune; it's just that both change time signatures every now and then

Heh, I don't have a problem with shifting time signatures... it's just racket that doesn't sound like anything that gets me.

On Youtube watching Anthrax perform it live, it comes across a lot more melodic and tuneful than the game version. I have a theory that the game cover version was mixed poorly with the drums set at too high a volume and the guitar at too low of a volume. Does anybody else agree with this idea?
It seems to me as though the too-loud syncopated rapid fire snare is obscuring the "true downbeat" rhythm of the guitar so that it is easy to accidentally strum in time with the offbeat pattern.
Once I started mentally phasing out/ignoring the snare I no longer had problems keeping a steady combo going.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChainsawSolo wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
Niall wrote:

On Youtube watching Anthrax perform it live, it comes across a lot more melodic and tuneful than the game version. I have a theory that the game cover version was mixed poorly with the drums set at too high a volume and the guitar at too low of a volume. Does anybody else agree with this idea?
It seems to me as though the too-loud syncopated rapid fire snare is obscuring the "true downbeat" rhythm of the guitar so that it is easy to accidentally strum in time with the offbeat pattern.
Once I started mentally phasing out/ignoring the snare I no longer had problems keeping a steady combo going.

Fucking hell, you've got a point there. I'm watching a live version (presumably the same one you saw) and it sounds completely different... I can actually make it all out, I'd even go so far as to say I like it.

My own fault I guess, I often forget that many of the in-game versions are covers.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Andyrew  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i just learned how to squeeze.
Ballroom Blitz. good times.
CIaM bad times.

Andyrew <3's BA
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andyrew1210
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I'm going to drop out of the OB league. In all honestly, all season the 80s has been a drag (outside of the EE FC which was nice). I really have no desire to grind away at 80s at the moment like I normally do, and feel that its not worth me putting in scores if I'm not giving it 100% like I normally would. *points to the crapfest that was week 2*

So, if by some miracle I'm still sitting in a playoff spot, take me away from it. I feel wrong taking up room when I'm barely even putting in the effort.

Sorry that I can't provide you guys with the same level of competition that I'd normally provide, but I really have no desire to play 80s at the moment. Somewhere down the track I'll get to those 30 FCs, but for now I'd rather just play GH2 (at get royally pissed at it instead >_>).

Good luck all, wish you all the best in the playoffs!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
Hi guys.

I'm going to drop out of the OB league. In all honestly, all season the 80s has been a drag (outside of the EE FC which was nice). I really have no desire to grind away at 80s at the moment like I normally do, and feel that its not worth me putting in scores if I'm not giving it 100% like I normally would. *points to the crapfest that was week 2*

So, if by some miracle I'm still sitting in a playoff spot, take me away from it. I feel wrong taking up room when I'm barely even putting in the effort.

Sorry that I can't provide you guys with the same level of competition that I'd normally provide, but I really have no desire to play 80s at the moment. Somewhere down the track I'll get to those 30 FCs, but for now I'd rather just play GH2 (at get royally pissed at it instead >_>).

Good luck all, wish you all the best in the playoffs!

Aw, you were still beating me by a LOT (and probably will even after week 4 ) But, if you want to drop out I understand; you better return next season though psx !

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
V4mpyr3  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well final scores are in...
Not that happy with any of them, except for maybe 1, lack of motivation and time yet again got in the way...
But i've had a short break from the game now and i should be up and motivated to fight back if i make the playoffs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: