ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GameStop In-Store Tournament (Select Stores) - Feb 3, 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatBastage  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got a pic of the t-shirt? My local stores didn't do it due to no one signing up. I think overall Gamestop did a really poor job on this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just a black shirt that had the words: Guitar Hero II on it. I played this one kid who was pretty good at mine. Beat me by like 4000 on Misirlou
mattdaddy  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightrain78 wrote:
It was just a black shirt that had the words: Guitar Hero II on it.

also, on the back, it says "Game Stop/EB Games Challenge. I played. I conquered. 2007"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MattDaddy101
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could've gone, but I'm not 16 and didn't have any reliable way to drive around to a bunch of GameStop's around the state.

The prize sounds kind of stupid though....the GH2 shirts at Hot Topic are cooler. >_>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
I just lost the one in Ann Arbor/Washtenaw Ave. in the semifinals. It was single elim, which I have determined sucks ass, with only one song played.

1st round I beat a guy on Trippin on expert, 2nd round i beat some girl on Them Bones medium (we had to play on the difficulty "people were comfortable with"), in the third round I played Laid to Rest on expert and only got 277k. I haven't played without hyperspeed in like a month and that really hurts me on that song. At any rate the guy I played was pretty good and got 317k, although I was very amused when he threw up the horns during the big hammer-on and proceeded to screw up and miss several additional notes because his hand wasn't on the strum bar.

So basically, single elim sucks and I need to play on normal speed more so that I can stay used to both.

Edit: I'll also be at the one in Westland tomorrow

i won read about it here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea thats pretty gay, i lost due to everyone that played had no lives, well i would have done better but the strp was too long cuz everyone was tall and in collge and im only in the 8th grade so.......
MLafer  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
MLafer wrote:
I just lost the one in Ann Arbor/Washtenaw Ave. in the semifinals. It was single elim, which I have determined sucks ass, with only one song played.

1st round I beat a guy on Trippin on expert, 2nd round i beat some girl on Them Bones medium (we had to play on the difficulty "people were comfortable with"), in the third round I played Laid to Rest on expert and only got 277k. I haven't played without hyperspeed in like a month and that really hurts me on that song. At any rate the guy I played was pretty good and got 317k, although I was very amused when he threw up the horns during the big hammer-on and proceeded to screw up and miss several additional notes because his hand wasn't on the strum bar.

So basically, single elim sucks and I need to play on normal speed more so that I can stay used to both.

Edit: I'll also be at the one in Westland tomorrow

i won read about it here!

ha...didn't know that was you...thought you were only going to the 1:00 PM tournament. I guess my friend won't feel so bad now that he lost in the first round.

Also it seems like I would have lost anyway in the final round because I completely suck ass at Freebird.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aabbcc wrote:
Yea thats pretty gay, i lost due to everyone that played had no lives, well i would have done better but the strp was too long cuz everyone was tall and in collge and im only in the 8th grade so.......

The straps are adjustable. And the no life comment - "Yeah, well, you know... that's just... like your opinion, man."

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

beberle2  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ben won his first tourney... It was in Aurora, CO... don't think the competition was tough, though. There were 6 people, including me (I only played to round out the bracket). For those of you who remember my very unremarkable skills demonstrated at the Frets on Ice tourney, me placing second at this tourney speaks volumes of the competition level Ben encountered.

Ben beat me like 410K to 50K on BatH Expert in the Finals... I had him right where I wanted him (and even reminded him very menicingly of who feeds him), but he just barely beat me anyways ;)
Bobmuhthol  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took some quick photos of the prizes. Everyone that played got a poster at my tournament, shirt went to winner. Sorry about quality on poster, my camera has been really awful lately. The picture also has a nice shot of my bed.

Front:

Back:

Poster:
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attendance in Indianapolis was pathetic

I won all three venues (as each venue only had one other person show up, giving me plenty of time to get to the next venue and compete there as well)

Suckity suck suck suckity suck suck SUCK!

Anyhow, I'm starting to think that the only way we'll ever get anything GOOD going in the GH world is to do it ourselves (taking a page from the book of Sephi, as his tourneys seem to be pretty damn awesome).

Maybe we should investigate the possibility of setting up a few GH regions, and having a forum member run each of those regions, with the possibility of the different regions getting together occasionally - quite frankly, I think this could be a much better use of ROs sponsorship money than some lame-ass tournaments organized through a large corporation who really doesn't give a flying fornication about Guitar Hero!

Oh well - I guess I'll really need to start looking into having another Midwest get together at my place in March!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
lobsterdx  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tourney I went to was set up well enough, when it got going. There were basically about 4 people including me that really knew what they were doing on expert, and the rest were high school kids who werent all that good.

First round (8 people)
1. Light That Blinds
2. Pschobilly
3. Beast and the Harlot
4. Misirlou

Second Round (4 people)
1. Hangar 18
2. Jordan

Final Match
1. Jordan

I'm not very good at double strumming, but I managed to make it to the semi final round where I was beat by 30k on each song. The winner is a memeber on SH, but I dont know his SN.
xD1x  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lobsterdx wrote:
The Tourney I went to was set up well enough, when it got going. There were basically about 4 people including me that really knew what they were doing on expert, and the rest were high school kids who werent all that good.

First round (8 people)
1. Light That Blinds
2. Pschobilly
3. Beast and the Harlot
4. Misirlou

Second Round (4 people)
1. Hangar 18
2. Jordan

Final Match
1. Jordan

I'm not very good at double strumming, but I managed to make it to the semi final round where I was beat by 30k on each song. The winner is a memeber on SH, but I dont know his SN.

That was me. That tournament was so freaking long, I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to go out drinking tonight...

Ok, I'm a liar.
kriller  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 2nd

the person who came in 3rd got a shirt but i got nothin

the tourney was ok 7 people includin me

proface off i got the 1st round buy so i didn't get to warm up

whe3n the 2nd round came along i played a guy abouy my age on six and beat him by about 20k

then the finals the song laid to rest i did horrible 2/8sp and double strummed several times during the chords

so i lost but i played him after on TLTB and beat him by 4k then we played LTMR and he beat me by 100k cuz thats my worst song

and i got to put in the unlock everything code they were very secretive about it but the guy couldn't get it so he let me see the paper and the code said not for public release
Bobmuhthol  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I can remember the unlock code; I put it in for the tournament, too.

I think it was B Y O R O (Y R) * infinity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: