Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickb611  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretch77 wrote:
kltznum1 wrote:
Just out of curiosity...

it says you posted this on: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:19 pm
and it says someone with one post managed to install this and run it in and take a picture within that same minute?

oh and why is that picture uploaded before the thread was posted?

Holy crap. You really looked into that one.

Last edited by Illithid on 20 Aug 2007 17:34; edited 1 time in total

He edited in the picture.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazo64 wrote:
wtf how are you going to use this on your xbox without getting banned from xbox live. I'm pretty sure they ban any console that uses any kind of modded equipment on it.

Yep, it ya sign on with flashed firmware, you're box is banned for life.
Internet Explorer 6 is a giant cunt. That is all.
Guide to Advanced Editing in Feedback
kltznum1  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb611 wrote:
Stretch77 wrote:
kltznum1 wrote:
Just out of curiosity...

it says you posted this on: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:19 pm
and it says someone with one post managed to install this and run it in and take a picture within that same minute?

oh and why is that picture uploaded before the thread was posted?

Holy crap. You really looked into that one.

Last edited by Illithid on 20 Aug 2007 17:34; edited 1 time in total

He edited in the picture.

Quote:

EDIT: and before alot of people asks... YES you NEED a modified 360 to play burned games on your console. Don't ask me how to do that, google is your friend.

but idk you could be right, it is still a little suspicious to me, considering it is not hard to make something similar to that pic in visual basic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I get time, I'll make a video. I'll report back to you guys. And up to a while ago you wouldn't get banned for getting on live with different firmware. In fact there are some firmwares which claim to be live-detection proof.
Gorby  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not suspicious at all, Illithid is one of my beta testers and he have had access to my tool for several days (he is even mentioned in the about box in my tool because of his useful ideas and suggestions).

I will be away for a few days (starting today) with my fiance on a late vacation and I'm sure other people will verify this tool works while I'm gone. If people still have doubts when I get back home I am going to drive to my brother and lend his videorecorder and show you all that it works, just to clear all doubts.
Illithid  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again.
Yes. I contributed with some analysing of the .ark file with a program i made especially just for that.
And yes, this could get you banned from xbox live, but if you have a hacked firmware in your 360, is never safe anyway.

Last edited by Illithid on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
katamakel  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note for the people that for some reason are demanding proof: There's nothing weird about how this works, it's just like when PS2 customs got started. You know where the songs are in the .ARK, and you put new files in their place.
Other people did this stuff manually when the 360 version was first release, and the goal (at least for me) was to get full archive modification working, which requires alteration of the .HDR file (which is obfuscated on the 360).
Also, like with GH2->GH1 conversion in ghex, I just thought not many would use this, since there are such serious repercussions if you get "caught" (Xbox Live! banning etc.) and I focused my time elsewhere.

Nice tool though, I'm sure people will enjoy it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:
Just a note for the people that for some reason are demanding proof: There's nothing weird about how this works, it's just like when PS2 customs got started. You know where the songs are in the .ARK, and you put new files in their place.
Other people did this stuff manually when the 360 version was first release, and the goal (at least for me) was to get full archive modification working, which requires alteration of the .HDR file (which is obfuscated on the 360).
Also, like with GH2->GH1 conversion in ghex, I just thought not many would use this, since there are such serious repercussions if you get "caught" (Xbox Live! banning etc.) and I focused my time elsewhere.

Full archive modification would indeed be great, but as this seems to be very far away at the moment and I didn't found any tool out that could change songs in any way (I'm terribly bored of the original songs by now)I decided to make a tool myself using this "shortcut" of injecting directly into the .ark.

This injection method won't allow us to edit any text, pictures or similar in the game (as on the ps2) but new songs is better than nothing imo.

Regarding banning on Live, me and all my friends have modded consoles and we are still not banned sofar after a halfyear or more. Neither of us do play much on Live! though, we mostly use it for patches, demos, chatting, watching trailers and similar. Anyhow, going Live with a modded console is always a risk so if you want to be completely safe from problems, then don't modify the console, simple as that.
Uchihazor  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get banned on Live if your "backed up" games are not stealth patched. With the newest firmware "Iextreme whatever", you are safe if you stealth-patch your games. I don't use Live so I'm safe Now i'm gonna try out this new tool ofr my 360.
Uchihazor  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazo64 wrote:
wtf how are you going to use this on your xbox without getting banned from xbox live. I'm pretty sure they ban any console that uses any kind of modded equipment on it.

Well if you're gonna use this tool for custom songs you need a flashed xbox 360 that plays backed-up games.

If you already have one then you SHOULD be clued up about how the whole thing works and how you escape capture on XBox Live.

If you have a flashed 360 and you are not on XBox Live then you are perfectly fine.

If you DON'T have a flashed 360 and want to play custom songs then I seriously suggest you do a lot of research on what you need to do to get your 360 flashed and how to go about not getting banned on Live.

To the best of my knowledge this tool doesn't affect anything on your 360. All your doing is ripping the necessary files from your Guitar Hero II disc, modifying them and burning a new disc back-up. Simple as that.
mcmungo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone atleast take screenshots of this?
Uchihazor  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. Can confirm that this works. I only replaced the one song - Jessica to Metallica's Battery and it was out of sync (will fix in Audacity), but at least this tool DOES work fine.

The song chart I had was expert only and I accidently went to play Battery on Hard and the game hung but it played fine (except the out of time bit, not Gorby's program's fault ) when I put it onto Expert.

Easy enough to do. Made a backup of Guitar Hero II using XBOX Backup Creator (wont post link to program download cos I don't know how legal the program is - google it). Extracted the ARK file from the backup ISO using XBOX Backup Creator again.
I then used Audicity to import my MP3. Exported the song to OGG format and changed the number of channels to 4 (might be 5 for other songs, depends). Used Gorby's program to replace Jessica with the Battery OGG and MIDI in the extracted ARK file. Then using XDVDMulleter I replaced the backup ISO's original ARK file with the modified ARK file. Burned the resulting ISO to disc using ImgBurn and all done!

Can't post screenshots or videos cos I dont have a camera handy. You'll just have to take my word for it. Right I'm off to replace all the songs now :P
GHCity  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katamakel wrote:

Ah, thanks kata.
yivkX360  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: k Reply with quote

Why are people afraid of getting banned? Just make sure you iso is patched w/ ss, pfi, dmi, and video partition and they cant detect.
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: k Reply with quote

yivkX360 wrote:
Why are people afraid of getting banned? Just make sure you iso is patched w/ ss, pfi, dmi, and video partition and they cant detect.

And if they get a score higher than the other scores?

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 2 of 48

Jump to: