ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH360, play custom GH2 songs on the xbox 360! Updated 22/4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burnination  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of ye who want proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxkE8iMhUgE

The offset is messed up, wrong version of song i believe. It is a really easy tool to use (just wish it was in java for us non-windowers).

1 suggestion: .chart support.
Uchihazor  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question. I just tried putting Rose Of Sharyn by Killswitch Engage on to the ARK. Gave it 6 channels since most of the songs seem to have 5 or 6 channels but it won't insert itself anywhere. It is only 3min 36secs long so there are a lot of songs longer than that in GHII so I'm confused why it won't inject anywhere :S

EDIT: The only songs I have managed to inject successfully into are Freebird and Jessica which are the longest songs I believe. I did manage to inject Freak On A Leash into a smaller song but thats only cos the MIDI file is a very small size. So I think the MIDI file size AND the song length comes into account here?
Illithid  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a log windows at the bottom of the window. There You can see why you can not inject songs or midiĀ“s into the ARK file.
You can try to change it into a 4 or 5 channel OGG file. Then try to inject it somewhere.

The program can only inject songs that will fit into a given space. I will suggest Gorby to make the song length in Bytes to the right of the song name so you can see if you need to compress more or change the amount of channels.

So...
You could try to compress it more or change the amount of channels.

Its a bit late here now and I need to go to work tomorrow. But I can try to extend my ark analyser to produce a list of all the sizes and channels in ogg and mid files.
Could be useful until Gorby is back.
Aric  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good too see some proof. Not that i have an Xbox, but interesting still.

covery wrote:
you should get star power by hitting the notes with stars on them, then use your start power to activate start power so you get lots of scores. Make sure you hit your notes good becuase they make score go ^^^. This is a key point, do not forget.

Lmfao.
antennen  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it today and replaced Rock This Town with the Trigun Theme. It worked flawless. I have a question regarding the multiple channels. In a regular tune if you miss a lot of notes, the guitar goes mute. Does this have to do with the channels, and which channel should the guitar be on? When should I use 6 channels or 4 channels?

I may have got it all wrong, but anyone, please tell me!

EDIT: Is there any neat tool except ghex that caan turn .chart-files in MIDIs?

antennen
onibox  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorby, i see in other post on this forum u write some tests.. u have made a test to get song from Gh1 or Gh80 from Ps2 and inject on 360 version? can be done?
Aric  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antennen wrote:
I tried it today and replaced Rock This Town with the Trigun Theme. It worked flawless. I have a question regarding the multiple channels. In a regular tune if you miss a lot of notes, the guitar goes mute. Does this have to do with the channels, and which channel should the guitar be on? When should I use 6 channels or 4 channels?

antennen

You cannot seperate the guitar from the mp3. Channels have to do with audio playback, yes, but its more along the lines of Mono and Stero and those types of things.

covery wrote:
you should get star power by hitting the notes with stars on them, then use your start power to activate start power so you get lots of scores. Make sure you hit your notes good becuase they make score go ^^^. This is a key point, do not forget.

Lmfao.
tma  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of notes:

1) Extracting the ark file off the 360 disc and patching your Xbox 360 DVD firmware is not for the faint of heart. Also, don't expect any advice on these forums on how to do this.

2) Microsoft tend to roll out a new batch of bans around each Halo release. When Halo 2 came out, a bunch of modders got banned from Live, and when the Halo 3 Beta came out, the first round of 360 modders got banned. I don't know much about this "stealth" firmware, but I wouldn't make the assumption that Microsoft can't detect you. If you want to flash your firmware and play with hacked devices on Live, expect to get banned. Simple as that. To think otherwise is an exercise in self-deception. I expect a bunch of bans around the Halo 3 release date, if they are true to form.

3) As I've also been one of the guys trying to hack around with the 360 .ark file, I can confirm that there is no technical reason this shouldn't work, although I haven't seen it in person (I don't actually have a hacked 360).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
yivkX360  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: k Reply with quote

I tried this today, it worked, but it doesnt sync at all. Any way to fix this?
foogrrr  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are you guys burning the disc again? are you recreating the .iso or are you litterally just burning the files to disc?

cheers
blast213  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For all of ye who want proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxkE8iMhUgE

The offset is messed up, wrong version of song i believe. It is a really easy tool to use (just wish it was in java for us non-windowers).

1 suggestion: .chart support.

Open Mouth.
Insert Foot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aric wrote:
antennen wrote:

antennen

You cannot seperate the guitar from the mp3. Channels have to do with audio playback, yes, but its more along the lines of Mono and Stero and those types of things.

I know it isn't possible to separate them. But I the Trigun Theme heppened to come in a version with one mp3 for the guitar, one for the bass and one for the rest. I just merged them in Audacity assigning them 2 channels each, left, right I guess. My question was which channel that's supposed to contain the guitar, bass and band track.
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until a disable-able modchip is developed for the 360, I doubt this will go far. Good work though, Gorby, my apologies for doubting you.

I have flashed several 360 drives, and will say, it is definitely not for noobs, or even general users.
Internet Explorer 6 is a giant cunt. That is all.
Guide to Advanced Editing in Feedback
yivkX360  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gokussj5okazu wrote:
Until a disable-able modchip is developed for the 360, I doubt this will go far. Good work though, Gorby, my apologies for doubting you.

I have flashed several 360 drives, and will say, it is definitely not for noobs, or even general users.

Really? I have flashed many drives and I think it is a piece of cake compared to the other mods I do. But anyway, will there be any difference in timing and sync if we use the same ogg and midi from ps2 to 360?
wswsii  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I'm stupid, but I'm trying to do this and I am having a little trouble with step 1.

I'm sure if I can get past it, I can get through all the steps, but this one thing is blocking me from the rest.

I put my GH2 disc into my computer, and the only files on there are Video_TS files (VOB, BUP, IFO), but none of them are .ark files.

What I am getting at is the question: How do you get the .ark file in order to put it in this program?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 3 of 48

Jump to: