Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH360, play custom GH2 songs on the xbox 360! Updated 22/4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mani7293  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GH360, play custom GH2 songs on the xbox 360! Updated 2 Reply with quote

Quote:
How to inject the modified ark/hdr back into an image

Download "Xbox Backup creator v2.5" from somewhere (it's also possible to do it with XDVDMulleter).

1. Start Xbox Backup Creator and go to "Image Tools" tab, click "Image Browser" button...

2. In the next window, select File menu -> Open Image file

3. Select the xbox GH2 image file that you created before (to get hold of an ark file).

4. Click on the "Gen" folder, then right-click in the right panel on the main_0.ark file and select "Replace".

5. Select the main_0.ark file that you have injected the songs into (using the GH360 tool).

6. Wait like 10 minutes while the program works. It will now overwrite the original ark file with your own, modified version of the same file.

7. Repeat step 4 to 6 but replace the main.hdr file instead.

8. Burn the whole iso file you just injected the ark into as usual, using for example Imgburn.

when i replace ark file with xbc says this error:the size is bigger may cause corruption
is it a problem?or i burn it anyway?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: GH360, play custom GH2 songs on the xbox 360! Updated 2 Reply with quote

COGHwilliam wrote:
Will i get banned for playing customs on GH2 if i have xbox live ?

More than likely yes.
Especially when using a custom disc , and even more likely when using an outdated ixtreme.

mani7293 wrote:
Quote:
How to inject the modified ark/hdr back into an image

Download "Xbox Backup creator v2.5" from somewhere (it's also possible to do it with XDVDMulleter).

1. Start Xbox Backup Creator and go to "Image Tools" tab, click "Image Browser" button...

2. In the next window, select File menu -> Open Image file

3. Select the xbox GH2 image file that you created before (to get hold of an ark file).

4. Click on the "Gen" folder, then right-click in the right panel on the main_0.ark file and select "Replace".

5. Select the main_0.ark file that you have injected the songs into (using the GH360 tool).

6. Wait like 10 minutes while the program works. It will now overwrite the original ark file with your own, modified version of the same file.

7. Repeat step 4 to 6 but replace the main.hdr file instead.

8. Burn the whole iso file you just injected the ark into as usual, using for example Imgburn.

when i replace ark file with xbc says this error:the size is bigger may cause corruption
is it a problem?or i burn it anyway?

Yes. it will be a problem.
dinamit04  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Unplayable Disk Reply with quote

Hello, I made used this guide to make a custom guitar hero 2 disk. Everything went smoothly, and perfectly. I Ripped My guitar hero 2 game onto my computer, extracted the files, got mid files, and synced the songs to them, injected the songs into the .ark file, replaced the 2 files into the ISO, ran the ISO through abgx360 and it stealth patched it and did everything, but then when abgx360 checked my game crc partition of the iso, it said it didnt match and that there are 4 possibilites. One of the possibilites was that the iso has been edited or modded, so I continued to go and burn my game using imgburn, using the layerbreak number and everything and when I pop the game in the disk, my 360 says "unplayable disk". Did I do anything wrong. Is There a way to fix it? I have other backups that work, My Original games work. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? and what can i do. Thanks in advance
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Unplayable Disk Reply with quote

dinamit04 wrote:
Hello, I made used this guide to make a custom guitar hero 2 disk. Everything went smoothly, and perfectly. I Ripped My guitar hero 2 game onto my computer, extracted the files, got mid files, and synced the songs to them, injected the songs into the .ark file, replaced the 2 files into the ISO, ran the ISO through abgx360 and it stealth patched it and did everything, but then when abgx360 checked my game crc partition of the iso, it said it didnt match and that there are 4 possibilites. One of the possibilites was that the iso has been edited or modded, so I continued to go and burn my game using imgburn, using the layerbreak number and everything and when I pop the game in the disk, my 360 says "unplayable disk". Did I do anything wrong. Is There a way to fix it? I have other backups that work, My Original games work. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? and what can i do. Thanks in advance

First of all , mods , please alert me and remove this post if it is against the rules , i couldnt see anything against helping someone patch the game or anything like that.

Ok , do not use ABGX360 when you have made a custom GH2 disc because it WILL curropt your iso and in turn your burn will become currupted too.

After you have all the customs you want , just use the original.DVD file that was made when you created your backup , or use XDVD Mulleter to create a fully working .DVD file.
After that , use imgBurn and use 2.4x speed .

It should work as that was my method.
dinamit04  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Unplayable Disk Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:

First of all , mods , please alert me and remove this post if it is against the rules , i couldnt see anything against helping someone patch the game or anything like that.

Ok , do not use ABGX360 when you have made a custom GH2 disc because it WILL curropt your iso and in turn your burn will become currupted too.

After you have all the customs you want , just use the original.DVD file that was made when you created your backup , or use XDVD Mulleter to create a fully working .DVD file.

First, thanks for the reply. Ok so after I rip my GH2 onto the computer, I only have the iso, then i replace my modded .ark and .hdr files with the iso. And then I use XDVD Mulleter to create a .dvd file, but my question is, how am I supposed to stealth patch it without running the iso into abgx360, or is it ok to burn the custom disk without stealth patching the files that normally abgx360 would do for me?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Unplayable Disk Reply with quote

dinamit04 wrote:
GuardianDemon wrote:

First, thanks for the reply. Ok so after I rip my GH2 onto the computer, I only have the iso, then i replace my modded .ark and .hdr files with the iso. And then I use XDVD Mulleter to create a .dvd file, but my question is, how am I supposed to stealth patch it without running the iso into abgx360, or is it ok to burn the custom disk without stealth patching the files that normally abgx360 would do for me?

you can stelth patch in Mulleter easily. i believe it patches automatically (its been a while since i created a backup.).
NemsMole  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new to this and having a couple of problems so if someone could bare with me and see if they can help i'd really appreciate it.

So I ripped the disc, gives me an image file that I extract the ark and hrd(?) files, use the program in the OP to replace a couple of songs and then save everything. I then (using Xbox backup creator) replace the two files. I burn the disc using CloneCD (the one I find works best with my burner) and my Xbox doest even recognise it. Xbox Backup creator doesnt seem to think its a real disc either. I tried two discs, starting again from the origanal backup I have and still the same problem.

My xbox is modded to play backups and none of my other backups have had this issue. I'm thinking its most likley a bad rip or I f'd up somewhere.

Help?

EDIT: I'd also like to just say that this tool is really great, the fault is not with the tool itself but undoubtably with myself. Theres alot of real hard work goes in these boards and I just wanted to say I appreciate it, its really incredible.

DOUBLE EDIT: Yep, bad rip. I just burned a copy from the ISO and it has the same issue. (so its either bad rip or my burner is done. heres hoping bad rip!)
Nitzguy13  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small problem, I got all the way up to injecting the .ark and .hdr files back into the iso. However the option to replace the .ark and .hdr files is greyed out and the only option is extract.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gorby  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitzguy13 wrote:
I have a small problem, I got all the way up to injecting the .ark and .hdr files back into the iso. However the option to replace the .ark and .hdr files is greyed out and the only option is extract.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the file properties on the .iso file and make sure it's not read-only. Other than that I would try to reinstall xbox backup creator and try again.
overkill219  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great tutorial, helped me grasp the basics. However I ran into some problems while doing the charting using Feedback. Your guide says to convert the songs to 6 channel ogg files in Audacity which I've done.

Whenever I try and open that file in Feedback the program crashes. Tried it on 3 different machines. 1 running Windows 7 and two running XP pro and home.

The program does load regular 2 channel ogg and MP3 files. Is this supposed to happen? Am I meant to convert it to the 6 channel after its charted and then insert it into the game?

Could someone please help? I'm really confused.

Thanks.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overkill219 wrote:
Really great tutorial, helped me grasp the basics. However I ran into some problems while doing the charting using Feedback. Your guide says to convert the songs to 6 channel ogg files in Audacity which I've done.

Whenever I try and open that file in Feedback the program crashes. Tried it on 3 different machines. 1 running Windows 7 and two running XP pro and home.

The program does load regular 2 channel ogg and MP3 files. Is this supposed to happen? Am I meant to convert it to the 6 channel after its charted and then insert it into the game?

Could someone please help? I'm really confused.

Thanks.

Use your mp3 file to make your chart in feedback , then make an ogg file with audacity from the exact same mp3 file.
cyberpulse  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gorby! This worked perfect! I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this program. It works great. So far I've added 13 customs. I burned it and played it just fine. Thanks again!
dennisv1982  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did everything the right way (as far as i know/think) but as soon as i put the disc n my 360 it doesnt load up, it just says "eject"

yes it is flashed, what can i do?
monkeyman5710  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes when you have a flashed 360 it will tell you to eject the disc. That's fine all you have to do is hit eject and then hit close real fast. You might have to do it a few times but other then that it should eventually work, or you have a bad rip but I'd try what I first suggested a few times before getting rid of the disc.
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There anyway to make songs longer? All the songs in GH2 are like 3 minutes. All the songs I want to inject are over 6 minutes. Wanted to make a GH2:A7X edition, but looks like it isn't possible on this game?

Also does anyone have a list of all the song lengths? Will try and fit as much A7X as I can(have 6 so far and I think I'm done!), and I guess I'll find other shorter songs to fill in the rest...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48

Jump to: