ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Custom Song in Credits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RussellGuitarGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Custom Song in Credits Reply with quote

Hey, is there a way to replace Through the Fire and Flames with a custom song in the credits?
cowabanga  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the credits song in GH3 is anything special, if you want to replace it you'd probably have to replace TTFAF itself.
Wezinator35  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Queenbee and there should be a file called menu_credits.qb.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: dk15nj
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helps absolutely nothing towards replacing the song played during the credits.

However, doing a little digging, it *is* potentially possible to change which song the game plays during the credits. In theory, I guess it could use any song, even one that's not loaded in a currently active setlist? Does the game still play Flames normally on the credits if you have the Bonus setlist changed?

Looking inside scripts/guitar/guitar_progression.qb, there is a script called "Progression_EndCredits". Here is the decomplied script thanks to AdituV's build of QueenBee with a built in decompiler:

Code:
0000 printf (QbStruct) {
   wstring $00000000 = "CREDITS BEGIN";
}

0040 change boss_devil_score  =  ( * player1_status . score )
005A change (QbStruct) {
   qbkey current_level = load_z_credits;
}

007C ui_flow_manager_respond_to_action (QbStruct) {
   qbkey action = select_retry;
}

00A0 change (QbStruct) {
   qbkey current_song = thrufireandflames;
}

00C4 create_loading_screen
00CA Load_Venue
00D0 restart_gem_scroller song_name  =  ( * current_song ) difficulty  =  ( * current_difficulty ) difficulty2  =  ( * current_difficulty2 ) starttime  =  0 end_credits_restart  =  1
0116 destroy_loading_screen
011C start_flow_manager (QbStruct) {
   qbkey flow_state = career_play_song_fs;
}

0140 spawnscriptnow (QbStruct) {
   qbkey $00000000 = scrolling_list_begin;
}

0164 endscript

However, script editing is currently a pain in the ass (there is no compiler that can compile that format of script, and the compiler I do know of I've never gotten a compiled script out of it), and the script is *actually* referencing it by raw qbkey rather than name, so you can't modify the strings. Potentially, you could get the raw qbkey of the song you wish to play, and overwrite that of Flames, but that's a bit hacky IMO and so I won't be doing it. If anyone does wish to try, however, the hex qbkey for "thrufireandflames" is 40797ADD, and it is present in Progression_EndCredits at offset 0x0BC. In theory, if you get the hex key for any other song, overwrite only those four bytes with the new key, and are using the patched GHTCP that allows direct importing of tap/open notes (which also allows qb editing), then it might work.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
RussellGuitarGuy  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
That helps absolutely nothing towards replacing the song played during the credits.

However, doing a little digging, it *is* potentially possible to change which song the game plays during the credits. In theory, I guess it could use any song, even one that's not loaded in a currently active setlist? Does the game still play Flames normally on the credits if you have the Bonus setlist changed?

Looking inside scripts/guitar/guitar_progression.qb, there is a script called "Progression_EndCredits". Here is the decomplied script thanks to AdituV's build of QueenBee with a built in decompiler:

Code:
0000 printf (QbStruct) {
   wstring $00000000 = "CREDITS BEGIN";
}

0040 change boss_devil_score  =  ( * player1_status . score )
005A change (QbStruct) {
   qbkey current_level = load_z_credits;
}

007C ui_flow_manager_respond_to_action (QbStruct) {
   qbkey action = select_retry;
}

00A0 change (QbStruct) {
   qbkey current_song = thrufireandflames;
}

00C4 create_loading_screen
00CA Load_Venue
00D0 restart_gem_scroller song_name  =  ( * current_song ) difficulty  =  ( * current_difficulty ) difficulty2  =  ( * current_difficulty2 ) starttime  =  0 end_credits_restart  =  1
0116 destroy_loading_screen
011C start_flow_manager (QbStruct) {
   qbkey flow_state = career_play_song_fs;
}

0140 spawnscriptnow (QbStruct) {
   qbkey $00000000 = scrolling_list_begin;
}

0164 endscript

However, script editing is currently a pain in the ass (there is no compiler that can compile that format of script, and the compiler I do know of I've never gotten a compiled script out of it), and the script is *actually* referencing it by raw qbkey rather than name, so you can't modify the strings. Potentially, you could get the raw qbkey of the song you wish to play, and overwrite that of Flames, but that's a bit hacky IMO and so I won't be doing it. If anyone does wish to try, however, the hex qbkey for "thrufireandflames" is 40797ADD, and it is present in Progression_EndCredits at offset 0x0BC. In theory, if you get the hex key for any other song, overwrite only those four bytes with the new key, and are using the patched GHTCP that allows direct importing of tap/open notes (which also allows qb editing), then it might work.

Thanks! Do you mind sending me the patched version of GHTCP for me please?
cowabanga  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellGuitarGuy wrote:

Thanks! Do you mind sending me the patched version of GHTCP for me please?

It's included in the download for GH3+, check the video for the release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WqurzPS6yA
RussellGuitarGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the Scripting part in the GHTCP+ program. Is there a way to find it?
RussellGuitarGuy  

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I am back into doing this, but on Guitar Hero Aerosmith. I am trying to see if I can edit the script to edit out the song with my custom one. Heck, I got the patched version of GHTCP.

Anything I need to go through again? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: