ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero III Info Thread (10/24. European Release)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BatDan  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero III Info Thread (10/24. European Release) Reply with quote

Welcome. Here is all the info known for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. The third installment (fourth if you count Rocks the 80s) of the popular rhythm game that sells millions of copies with every release.

The game will be available on PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PC, Mac, and Nintendo DS.

The main three consoles have Les Paul Guitar controllers while the PS2 version has a Kramer Guitar.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Guitar-hero-iii-20070709040244434.jpg

The box art has Judy Nails, Lars Umlaut, and Slash. The last one being a boss in the game that you go into a Guitar Battle with.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg

The game will feature an all new Battle Mode where it doesn't matter how high you score, but how bad you can make your opponent play.

The game will have many playable characters. Including...
Axel Steel
Casey Lynch
Izzy Sparks
Judy Nails
Johnny Napalm
Lars Umlaut

Midori (a new J-Pop character for the game)
Xavier Stone
Grim Ripper

Slash (you unlock him after you beat him in a battle).
Tom Morello (Unlocked after beating him in battle)
As well as one other Fictional Guitar Legend you battle and one other playable character.
Stated by Gamespot to be a Robotic Tin-Man shredding on a raygun shaped guitar.

Different Consoles will have different Characters. 360/PS3 will have their own set while Wii/PS2 will have their own. The 360/PS3 versions might be the Robot. The Wii/PS2 versions MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT IN A LAST-DITCH EFFORT be Eddie Knox from the second game.

Pandora and Clive Winston have been taken out of the game. Pandora has been "melded" into Judy well Clive was taken out because Xavier is "classic rock enough." The fate of Eddie Knox is still unknown.

The venues include...
Backyard Bash
Mitch's Moose Lounge
Video Shoot
Ye Olde Royal Odeon
Shanker's Island
Desert Rock Tour
Kaiju Megadome
Lou's Inferno

There will be cheats such as Hyperspeed but it's no longer a case of memorization. You now just have to enter the code once in the Cheat Menu and it'll be there for good. Another cheat includes having the guy in the next line in every song instead of two.

Bret Michaels of Poison will also make cameo appearances singing two of his songs.

Which leads us to... the songs.

Before any info was given on the game. Slash said on a Canadian Radio Station as well as music channel Fuse that not only his likeness would appear in the game. But also the song...

She Builds Quick Machines by Velvet Revolver

Activision revealed 11 songs with some details about the game.

Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones
Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins
Sabotage by Beastie Boys
The Metal by Tenacious D
My Name is Jonas by Weezer
Knights of Cydonia by Muse
Rock and Roll All Nite as made famous by Kiss
School's Out as made famous by Alice Cooper
Slow Ride as made famous by Foghat
Cult of Personality by Living Colour
Barracuda as made famous by Heart

Then IGN revealed two new songs just for the heck of it.

Evenflow by Pearl Jam
Lay Down by Priestess

Then at E307. The trailer for GHIII showed off two new songs.

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses
Rock You Like a Hurricane as made famous by Scorpions

In an unexpected turn of events, the staff of ScoreHero.com (and wulfe) went to Neversoft and got a first look at Guitar Hero III. Thus revelaing four new songs.

Suck My Kiss by Red Hot Chili Peppers
La Grange as made famous by ZZ Top
The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden
Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce

Then out of nowhere... IGN came out with an announcement of 7 new songs.

Miss Murder by AFI
3's and 7's by Queens of the Stone Age
Raining Blood by Slayer
Reptillia by The Strokes
Paranoid as made famous by Black Sabbath
Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult
Mississippi Queen as made famous by Mountain

Then some unknown site made a really big song announcement (though I really wouldn't call the site unknown, I just wouldn't call it a gaming site).

One by Metallica

Then USA Today had the balls to talk about Bret Michaels not only being in the game, but having two different songs in the game... then we found out it was true.

Go That Far by Bret Michaels Band
Talk Dirty to Me as made famous by Poison

A week before Lepzig Games Festival, where they'll reveal a "stack" of songs by European Artists. They revealed a song to wetten our pallets.

She Bangs the Drums as made famous by The Stone Roses

After that. Pre-order boxes started showing up at Gamestop with the following two songs.

Black Magic Woman as made famous by Santana
When You Were Young by The Killers

Activision then announced in Europe 11 new songs from somewhat popular European artists. Guessing this is the "stack" of songs.

Minus Celsius by Backyard Babies
Hier Kommt Alex by Die Toten Hosen
In The Belly of a Shark by Gallows
I'm in the Band by The Hellacopters
Avalancha by Heroes Del Silencio
Take This Life by In Flames
Ruby by Kaiser Chiefs
Closer by Lacuna Coil
Generation Rock by Revolverheld
Mauvais Garcon by NAAST
Radio Song by Superbus

A demo for the game was recently announced to come with the game Tony Hawk's Proving Ground on the Xbox 360 October 9th (and come out on the Xbox Live Marketplace two weeks later). A new song was announced with this demo.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot as made famous by Pat Benatar

A clip on some French gaming website (with some of the worst Guitar Hero Players ever) played a never before announced song.

Helicopter by Bloc Party

Activision just announced this song after announcing Tom Morello (again).

Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine

A promotional CD or Soundtrack containing the Guitar Hero songs was set to come out. A song was announced with this CD.

Kool Thing by Sonic Youth

As well as the CD. Codes are being given out in the CDs to unlock songs these include but are not limited to.

Carcinogen Crush by AFI
Tina by Flyleaf
A remix of Marilyn Manson's Putting Holes in Happiness (remixed by Nick Zinner)

Yahoo Games had an Interview with Johnny Rotten saying that his band reunited to re-record this song.

Anarchy in the U.K. by The Sex Pistols

Gamespot has confirmed the following songs from Activision.

Same Old Song and Dance by Aerosmith
Stricken by Disturbed
Monsters by Matchbook Romance
Before I Forget by Slipknot
Devil Went Down to Georgia as made famous by Charlie Daniels Band
Sunshine of Your Love as made famous by Cream
Holiday in Cambodia as made famous by Dead Kennedys
Cliffs of Dover as made famous by Eric Johnson
Story of my Life as made famous by Social Distortion
Pride and Joy as made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Seeker as made famous by The Who
Black Sunshine as made famous by White Zombie

Andy of Neversoft announced this song

An Endless Sporadic by Impulse

The final song in the game is said to be something NO ONE will suspect according to a recent report from ScoreHero.com moderator ImaCarrot.

The final tier will have Raining Blood and Number of the Beast.

According to Game Informer. DLC should be avaliable at release on 360 and PS3.

Red Octane themselves has also confirmed DLC at the games launch. Other then the songs from the CD, the songs are unknown.
Everything about the game is pretty much the same... except there's now Online play and a Co-Op career with some songs only available through that Co-Op Career. Such as Sabotage.

According to Game Informer. There's no Co-Op Quick Play. So the only way to play with friends is through the Co-Op Career.

Through the Fire and Flames IS a Bonus Song. So you don't have to play it to beat the game.

Another piece of trivia is in Cult of Personality, they couldn't find the tape for the original master. So Living Colour came in and re-recorded the song with a much crazier solo. Making the song on Expert much harder.

The same goes for The Sex Pistols for Anarchy in the U.K. who also reunited for the game, though they probably didn't make the song any easier or harder.

The Devil Went Down to Georgia is now all Guitar and has a more Metal sound to it. After all, a song about a fiddle playing contest wouldn't do much good in a game called "Guitar Hero"

The Guitar Hero III Soundtrack that will come out two days after the game will contain the following songs.

Guitar Hero III Intro - Slash
Miss Murder - AFI
Kool Thing - Sonic Youth
3's and 7's - Queens of the Stone Age
Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
Slither - Velvet Revolver
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against
Devil Went Down to Georgia - covered by Steve Ouimette

A demo will come with the game Tony Hawk's Proving Ground on the 360 version October 15th. With the demo coming two weeks later on the Xbox Live Marketplace. With the five songs...

Lay Down
Evenflow
The Metal
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Rock You Like a Hurricane

Look up for the artists.

There will be boss battles in the game. Three in total. Two have been confirmed to be legendary guitarists.

Slash of Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver
Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave

The third boss is reported to be a fictional guitarist.

American Release Date: October 28th
European Release Date: November 23rd

www.guitarhero.com
Official Site.

I will update this when something new comes out... unless I'm unavailable.

If I missed something, I will add it.

Last edited by BatDan on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 43 times in total
Antec  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

I like how you gave history on the song releases. Now im finally caught up on my Guitar Hero News.

Thanks.
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for doing this, because yeah its annoying that the thread about GH3 that got stickied isnt updated.

but I think the crown of worst song in the game will be locked down by the Killer's when you were young with an iron clad grip, I don't see how it could get any worse.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Sully's defense, that's not a Guitar Hero 3 news thread, it's the "Activision announced Guitar Hero 3" thread.
WingsOfSteel  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

entropymaxer wrote:
thanks for doing this, because yeah its annoying that the thread about GH3 that got stickied isnt updated.

but I think the crown of worst song in the game will be locked down by the Killer's when you were young with an iron clad grip, I don't see how it could get any worse.

I dunno, it's a bad song, but the guitar at least sounds a bit more interesting (I refuse to use the word "better" to describe the song) than Miss Murder, which is also a bad song.
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, Sabotage is only available in co-op? WTF? That song is going to be one of the game's highlights, and I can't even play it single player? You better be kidding. Provide sources plz.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rexisfed wrote:
Wait, Sabotage is only available in co-op? WTF? That song is going to be one of the game's highlights, and I can't even play it single player? You better be kidding. Provide sources plz.

that was announced a while back. But hte coop "exclusive" songs you can still play in single player (i think) by using quickplay (if they are unlocked, probably), they just arent part of the setlist for single player. Its going to create a sort of funky third category of song in terms of single player SH pages though, probably like a DLC category, that doesnt count to your total in single player (though thats up to JC to decide, i guess once we really have the full info).
nbh2992  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Gamestop-exclusive (I think) Slash poster says "October 2007"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbh2992 wrote:
Well, the Gamestop-exclusive (I think) Slash poster says "October 2007"

agreed. my wife originally saw this and i went back to see it as well. it is october. when i asked the less-than-informed gamestop employee about an actual release date, he said october 10th... then he said oh wait, october 24th. so, it's confirmed: gamestop has no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Rexisfed wrote:

that was announced a while back. But hte coop "exclusive" songs you can still play in single player (i think) by using quickplay (if they are unlocked, probably), they just arent part of the setlist for single player. Its going to create a sort of funky third category of song in terms of single player SH pages though, probably like a DLC category, that doesnt count to your total in single player (though thats up to JC to decide, i guess once we really have the full info).

The PS3 is only gonna get 1 guitar I'm not buying another just to unlock Sabotage it's pointless
mortimernova  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update to my previous post:

after double checking gamestop's site, it says "Ships 10/28/07". perhaps the purchase date then will be the 29th. i can't imgaine shipping and purchase being the same day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:

The PS3 is only gonna get 1 guitar I'm not buying another just to unlock Sabotage it's pointless

use a controller for the second player. put the second player on easy and boom you are done in just a few minutes.
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you also play Sabotage with online multiplayer?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mortimernova wrote:
after double checking gamestop's site, it says "Ships 10/28/07". perhaps the purchase date then will be the 29th. i can't imgaine shipping and purchase being the same day.

It has been the same for the last two games (GH2 for both PS2 and 360, and GH80s), so im sure they will be streetdating (the game gets to stores a week early and they sit on it until the official release date) GH3 also. But Gamestop is jsut making a up a number there until activision/RO sends out an official PR slong the lines of "the game is gold, in stores on <date>", even 28th is probably the most likely date by far to see it.

Quote:

Theres an unlock all code, Nsft was very careful to not let us see what it was, but its in there. Or the online multi, as drifter mentioned. Overall the coop career looked pretty well thought out, i played a few songs in various spots of the setlist and they ordering seemed pretty sensible (granted very small sample size does not support a broad generalization like that statistically speaking).
Edify  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were the Poison and Bret Michaels songs ever officially confirmed? I thought that was just a rumor that looked like it could possibly be true, considering Bret Michaels would be in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: