ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Legend of Dragoon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Legend of Dragoon Reply with quote

I have this game, and am on the 4th disc... I'm at the moon, and I couldn't beat it... so hard. Anyone else played this PSX classic?

DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard so many bad things about this game. I haven't played it, needless to say.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it, and enjoyed it. It was a fun game Unfortunately, I beat it something like 5 years ago, so I don't really remember enough to help you with it, sorry...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I last played it in 2002... I never got the energy to pop that black disc back into the old playstation 2... But I like this game, I like how you can do button combos to cause extra damage! It's really a unique battle system I think. It's definently worth a playthrough if you havn't play it yet. It has a good storyline to go with the battle system, and an actual likeable main character! Revenge is the name of the game in this one, and you'll find yourself hating the main bad guys as much as the main character.

shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

played it, beat it, enjoyed it...the end...
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beaten it a few times

Even beat that really hard magician dude that you need to collect all the stardust to face and he could kill you in one hit

Good times
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
I've heard so many bad things about this game. I haven't played it, needless to say.

Really? I thought it was one of the most critically acclaimed RPG's of the PS1 era. I always heard it was in the ranks of FF, Chrono Cross, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others(Don't hurt me). Well, Pope, I didn't know about this secret boss, but he sounds cool. Must have been tough to get all of the stardust. Loved this game, played while I had mono last year, so it sort of permeated my subconscious while I was drifting in and out of conciousness. So now it feels like it was really long ago and it feels nostalgic, even though it was last year. Weird...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
Beaten it a few times

Even beat that really hard magician dude that you need to collect all the stardust to face and he could kill you in one hit

Good times

You're so dreamy, Pope. Seriously...I'm going to write you anonymous love notes and put them in your locker.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Armageddon"]Really? I thought it was one of the most critically acclaimed RPG's of the PS1 era. I always heard it was in the ranks of FF, Chrono Cross, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others(Don't hurt me).

One of the things that rings pretty hard about LoD is "I should have taken the hint in the first two hours. Nothing happened, but when I finally got to fight....such a regret."

Plus, if you're gonna label yourself a Final Fantasy killer, then try to please the crowd. It's obvious that Sony didn't do that, from the people I've met. This forum has been the complete opposite from what I've experienced in my years of gaming, in terms of LoD opinions.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
popemobile wrote:
Beaten it a few times

Good times

You're so dreamy, Pope. Seriously...I'm going to write you anonymous love notes and put them in your locker.

Not as dreamy as those PJ pants you wear all the time
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being stuck at the final boss for at least a month. Then I went and got 2 level ups and BAM! beat him the next I tried. I always used Albert(sp?) and the barbarian dude(forget his name)
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
I remember being stuck at the final boss for at least a month. Then I went and got 2 level ups and BAM! beat him the next I tried. I always used Albert(sp?) and the barbarian dude(forget his name)

Kongol
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:

Kongol

Aww man now you're bringing back the memories! Good story, good characters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened up my last save, and I'm not on the moon yet.... I must've been thinking of when my friend showed me the Moon. Dammit, I'm at the part where there are burning pillar things, and if you walk up to them, you have a boss fight with a dragon... I could only beat the first one! WOW.

popemobile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
I just opened up my last save, and I'm not on the moon yet.... I must've been thinking of when my friend showed me the Moon. Dammit, I'm at the part where there are burning pillar things, and if you walk up to them, you have a boss fight with a dragon... I could only beat the first one! WOW.

The third one is pretty insane, like more insane x10 than when you face him the first time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: