ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Idiots Guide to Mastering Feedback (v0.8b)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHCity  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's on the first or second page, why bump it?

Could there be anyother events that we haven't discovered yet?
Aric  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling there might be events controlling the crowd... or are they constantly annoying?

covery wrote:
you should get star power by hitting the notes with stars on them, then use your start power to activate start power so you get lots of scores. Make sure you hit your notes good becuase they make score go ^^^. This is a key point, do not forget.

Lmfao.
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, for the replies. I believe there area few un-discovered events, but I can't guarantee that. I've yet to see any in the EVENTS when browsing an original MID. I've heard claims of a [lighting (color3)], but no confirmations. I'm pretty sure the crowd is only controlled by those few events.

I know there are some TRIGGERS that control other stuff, but I havn't confirmed anything.
Internet Explorer 6 is a giant cunt. That is all.
Guide to Advanced Editing in Feedback
GHCity  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gokussj5okazu wrote:
Thanks everyone, for the replies. I believe there area few un-discovered events, but I can't guarantee that. I've yet to see any in the EVENTS when browsing an original MID. I've heard claims of a [lighting (color3)], but no confirmations. I'm pretty sure the crowd is only controlled by those few events.

I know there are some TRIGGERS that control other stuff, but I havn't confirmed anything.

I can test the [lighting (color3)] and tell you if they work or not. Maybe the events that only "suposedlly" work in only MIDI editing programs might work in dB. I'll test them out.
herniated-discs  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I don't want to sound ignorant, but how do you set bpm at less than a whole number (for instance 97.5)? When I try to do it with the - or = keys, it goes a full number each time?

Thanks,
J
Guitar Hairo (Guitar Hero 2: Hair Metal Edition) is finally done! 66 Songs from 36 Bands. Check out the video Here. **DOWNLOAD It : Here. Featuring Motley Crue, Ratt, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat, Y&T, Tora Tora, and many many more!!
Aric  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it goes like this:

Hold down shift - 0.1

Hold down ctrl - 0.01

Hold down shift + ctrl - 0.001

Most things are outlined in the original guid here http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13208&start=0

It's good for quick reference.

Also in feedback when it loads all the controls come up in a window (well obviously lol) and you can press Esc and go to Show Help to see it again but some of it is quite confusing.

covery wrote:
you should get star power by hitting the notes with stars on them, then use your start power to activate start power so you get lots of scores. Make sure you hit your notes good becuase they make score go ^^^. This is a key point, do not forget.

Lmfao.
herniated-discs  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aric,
After going back and reading the idiot proof guide, I noticed that section. I appreciate the help however. I'm actually trying to learn how to properly bpm sync my charts so I can (maybe) get one accepted to CH

h-d
Guitar Hairo (Guitar Hero 2: Hair Metal Edition) is finally done! 66 Songs from 36 Bands. Check out the video Here. **DOWNLOAD It : Here. Featuring Motley Crue, Ratt, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat, Y&T, Tora Tora, and many many more!!
Aric  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get used to syncing your songs quickly. Usually BPM changes only happen in small increments (1-5 BPM) but depending on the complexity of the music things can change really drastically. But as long as you use the clap feature it's no problem to match the notes with the song. Just takes some trial and error

covery wrote:

Lmfao.
herniated-discs  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you allow me to show my ignorance once again? If I have a chart that's already done, but not BPM synced, how do I get the beginning offset to actually move the notelines on the chart? The fretboard moves, but the measure marks stay in the same place.

I guess what I'm looking for are some rough instructions on how I could professionally sync my charts that the notes have been laid down by ear. They are accurate, but not visually pleasing.

If somebody could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
J
h-d
Gokussj5okazu  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want the notes to move or the measure markers to move in relation to the music?

It sounds like you already have the notes laid down roughly but need to make them sync a little bit better?

If so, check out Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of this guide. It explains how to sync using BPM changes or the Anchor system.
Internet Explorer 6 is a giant cunt. That is all.
Guide to Advanced Editing in Feedback
metalrocks2340  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just placed some lighting3's in dB but when I import the chart in GHex it says unsupported lighting trigger "color3" at X:XX
herniated-discs  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. I have all the notes laid down in perfect sync (by ear), but don't understand how to make the note marker lines line up with my placed notes. When I adjust the offset or BPM, the lines get closer/further together, but they don't line up.

An alternate question would be how to figure the offset for the first note for an already done chart? If it would help, I'd be glad to foward a copy of one of my chart files, or you can look at my .mid file available from my posts.

I've made quite a few songs, and they sync well as far as play goes, but I'd like to try to make them CH worthy

Thanks again, J
Iceshark7  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In chapter 9:

"[sync_head_band] This is a good event for normal speed passages that make you want to really rock out, not to mention it looks cool."

I assume that there is a typo in this phrase, and you meant [sync_head_bang] instead of [sync_head_band]?

But what I must say, like you wouldn't be getting anything else but praise, it is a worthy guide to read. I've been charting without any forms of tabs, but the guide should still be an absolute necessary for anyone to read, if they wish to learn charting quickly.

Excellent job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iceshark7
xSergeantMINORx  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Video for reference.

The [sync_head_bang] and [sync_wag] animations last until they finish 8 loops, and they bang they headbang/wag (wag meaning left to right, then back) every 2 beats, therefore the animation lasts 16 beats (see 0:41, 2:58, 3:27). However, the use of [half_tempo] causes this to happen at half the speed, or 32 beats, every 4 beats (see 1:45, 2:38).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herniated-discs wrote:
Thanks for the answer. I have all the notes laid down in perfect sync (by ear), but don't understand how to make the note marker lines line up with my placed notes. When I adjust the offset or BPM, the lines get closer/further together, but they don't line up.

An alternate question would be how to figure the offset for the first note for an already done chart? If it would help, I'd be glad to foward a copy of one of my chart files, or you can look at my .mid file available from my posts.

I've made quite a few songs, and they sync well as far as play goes, but I'd like to try to make them CH worthy

Thanks again, J

If you go to the first note on the chart in dB, you can use the [ and ] keys to increase or decrease offset (this is useful for songs that either start right away or don't start on a line.) What i usually do is find the very first note of the song, and more everything up to that exact point (you can use the shift and ctrl keys for offset, too) It's explained in the guide under Determining and Setting Offset.

covery wrote:

Lmfao.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: