ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GC07: GH3: 11 new tracks announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris9092  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of any of these songs, but i have em now and most of em are pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I've only heard of In Flames and Lacuna Coil from the list.

I just listened to the first three songs. "Minus Celcius" and "I'm in the Band," especially the latter for it's sweet guitar solo, sound pretty fun to play.

I didn't care for the In Flames song. It seems like we're getting a lot of most recent singles of the bands in this game, and that kind of bothers me a little, since it just seems like marketing and record company bullshit ("You can only use the band if you use the song WE want you to.") I remember the other In Flames stuff I have heard as being closer to Iron Maiden, with a big focus in twin guitar interplay.
evanft  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infernalhatred wrote:
Mallcore = A term used by elitist bastards who hate it when people outside their little social circle like a metal band. People sometime need some way to get aquainted with heavy metal. Metal builds on itself and nobody goes right from listening to the beatles to Today is the Day. And for the record, I actually listen to Today is the Day, so I like the same shit as you. My tastes are just a lot more diverse and open than yours.

P.S. Today is the Day would be sweet to have in GH3!

Mallcore is a shitty form of music listened to to by Hot Topic posers who wouldn't know a decent guitar part if it was licking their asshole. STYE was clearly a mallcore record. Lame guitar parts that attempt to be heavy, but fail on every leve, boring song writing, emphasis on the rhythm and "feel" of the songs, angsty lyrics, and shitty clean vocals mixed with weak shouting. Yep, mallcore on every fucking level.
sumx4182  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to listen to the previews on Itunes of the ones they had...

Minus Celsius (couldn't find)
I’m in the Band (not terrible)
Take This Life (horrid vocals...just horrid)
Hier Kommt Alex (didn't look for)
In the Belly of a Shark (could do without the vocals again)
Avalancha (didn't look for)
Ruby (not that bad)
Closer (alright)
Generation Rock (couldn't find)
Mauvais Garcon (didn't look for)
Radio Song (couldn't find)
infernalhatred  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evanft wrote:
infernalhatred wrote:
Mallcore = A term used by elitist bastards who hate it when people outside their little social circle like a metal band. People sometime need some way to get aquainted with heavy metal. Metal builds on itself and nobody goes right from listening to the beatles to Today is the Day. And for the record, I actually listen to Today is the Day, so I like the same shit as you. My tastes are just a lot more diverse and open than yours.

Mallcore is a shitty form of music listened to to by Hot Topic posers who wouldn't know a decent guitar part if it was licking their asshole. STYE was clearly a mallcore record. Lame guitar parts that attempt to be heavy, but fail on every leve, boring song writing, emphasis on the rhythm and "feel" of the songs, angsty lyrics, and shitty clean vocals mixed with weak shouting. Yep, mallcore on every fucking level.

Dragonforce and Tool shirts are sold at Hot Topic. Just because a band has shirts sold at Hot Topic doesn't mean that the band sucks. If you say that Tool has no telent, then you're just trolling and I'd like to see you do some kareoke against that "Mallcore" singer Maynard James Keenan.

Last edited by infernalhatred on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxSlasher26  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! New songs I've never heard of. I gotta look them up. Bye!

MaxSlasher26  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infernalhatred wrote:

Dragonforce and Tool shirts are sold at Hot Topic. Just because a band has shirts sold at Hot Topic doesn't mean that the band sucks. If you say that Tool has no telent, then you're just trolling and I'd like to see you do some kareoke against that "Mallcore" singer Maynard James Keenan.

I just want to add in that I agree. Hot Topic rules. I got Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, and Led Zep shirts there. And there were many more bands that aren't shitty emo bands. It's really improved. I even saw a Dethklok shirt!

evanft  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infernalhatred wrote:
evanft wrote:
infernalhatred wrote:

Just because a band's shirt is sold ay Hot Topic doesn't mean they're mallcore. I never said anything to the contrary. I clearly implied that mallcore was often listened to by posers who shopped at Hot Topic. There is nothing in that point that says "Dragonforce is mallcore because their shirts are sold at Hot Topic." For some reason, you chose to put words in my mouth. It's also worth mentioning that Dragonforce is signed to Roadrunner Records and have become very popular with the mallcore-loving crowd.

Furthermore, the argument, "You can't judge because you can't sing/play guitar/eat fire" is a pointless debate-ender that is only used by those that don't have the capacity to form a decent argument.

Oh, and you completely dodged my point about STYE being mallcore. I win.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be better than MIM...it just has to be.
infernalhatred  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evanft wrote:
infernalhatred wrote:
evanft wrote:
infernalhatred wrote:

Just because a band's shirt is sold ay Hot Topic doesn't mean they're mallcore. I never said anything to the contrary. I clearly implied that mallcore was often listened to by posers who shopped at Hot Topic. There is nothing in that point that says "Dragonforce is mallcore because their shirts are sold at Hot Topic." For some reason, you chose to put words in my mouth. It's also worth mentioning that Dragonforce is signed to Roadrunner Records and have become very popular with the mallcore-loving crowd.

Furthermore, the argument, "You can't judge because you can't sing/play guitar/eat fire" is a pointless debate-ender that is only used by those that don't have the capacity to form a decent argument.

Oh, and you completely dodged my point about STYE being mallcore. I win.

I never said that STYE isn't a sellout record. I'm trying to say that I don't like the term mallcore becaue I feel that the term is elitist and discriminatory towards any band that achieves any type of popularity. It's a harsh pejoritive term that makes people hate bands. I prefer "commercial" or sell-out to "mallcore" because not every band that has shirts available at Hot Topic is bad and if one like those bands then he or she is now a "mallgoth" or worse, "emo" simply because they like one band. It's a contagious term that descriminates against people's musical taste simply because a CD or T-Shirt is available at a popular store.

Oh, and Death was signed to Roadrunner. Was Chuck Schuldiner a "Mallcore" artist? Not everything signed to Roadrunner is generic metalcore crap that all sounds the same.

I fail to see how you win.
Davebill  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait to hear em gh2 got me into afew underground bands (shadows fall being my fave)
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked these up on YouTube.

Minus Celsius (decent. the vocals aren't great, but it's a halfway decent song.
I’m in the Band (listened to the live version. kind of liked it. good solo)
Take This Life (Sounds like a bad attempt of Dethklok's Hatredcopter.)
Hier Kommt Alex (I think some of this song is in German. It's a pretty good song.)
In the Belly of a Shark (shitty vocals. good guitar. I'll take this over Six.)
Avalancha (This is a pretty good song. would be great if not for weird vocalists.)
Ruby (I don't know why someone complained about this. so it isn't hardcore?? who cares. I think I heard this song somewhere before, too.)
Closer (decent.)
Generation Rock (Another decent song.)
Mauvais Garcon (I hate this song. not as much as any of the bad songs on GH2 though)
Radio Song (pretty good)
infernalhatred  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davebill wrote:
cant wait to hear em gh2 got me into afew underground bands (shadows fall being my fave)

Shadows Fall is actually quite mainstream, or as evanft likes to say, "Mallcore." (For the record, Avenged Sevenfold is the crappiest Hot Topic band out there, but they can shred! What you call mallcore, I call jealousy of the mainstram.)

If you want underground, some famous underground bands (what an oxymoron) listen to Anal Cunt, (Even though Seth Putnam did geust vocals on Pantera's single War Nerve) Today is the Day (even though Bran Dailor was their drummer for one album), or Mael Mordha (as underground as it gets while still being on a record label).
DemonHybrid  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.................no...

....what are you doing, Neversoft? Activision?

Terrible...don't make me start wanting Rock Band. I swear...I swear, I'll invest in it......don't push it too far...I swear, I'll do it. This is just...no.

....anyway...

I think I like Ruby, since I hear it a lot. My bro is a KC fan. In Flames was....alright...but...just alright.

...what is with the rest of them though? Especially Generation Rock and that Superbus song...just...argh. Why do you want to lose money so badly, Neversoft? Why
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Chucklestyle  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infernalhatred wrote:
If you want underground, some famous underground bands (what an oxymoron) listen to Anal Cunt

A.C. "Picnic of Love" for GH4!

Also, IMHO GH1 had the best bonus songs. Although there's good stuff in 2. I'm actually gonna miss some of Harmonix's faves being in the bonus tracks (i.e. Freezepop, Anarchy Club, etc.)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: