Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
No One Knows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sucks about this song is that I'm not missing ANY of the gallop section, but rather the BOBYB YBYRY RYRGR part. ONLY thing keeping me from comboing this song, and ES seems to be the only one who's done it...

drives me NUTS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need a new sp strategy. mine's not very good.
DrewG  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna probably end up breaking the SG over this song..

Target: 196,473
My Current High: 187.794
DrewG  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

200,377 -- 5 stars!

At last! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
FinalHero  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRRR this song is really pissing me off, my best score is 195k(and some odd number of hundred points). and practicing isnt doing it for me, ive played thru the song and have gotten AT LEAST 700 4 stars....
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was playing this yesterday and worked up to 239k. I'm fully confident you can hit 220+, Drew. Just don't mess up anywhere outside of the G-GR or the solo. I basically otherwise FC'ed the song.

And I used my SP during the G-GR sections anyway, on the assumption that I should be able to hit them...which I can, when I'm strumming in the right direction. It's completely awkward doing it up-down instead of down-up.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, after improving by 20,000 points on Hard and by about 60,000 on Expert, I can say that all you really need to do is practice on Expert to get good at Hard. It sounds ridiculous, but it's much easier to hit the G-GR part on Expert because of the extra notes they put in. (You can keep the same strumming speed throughout the entire part, whereas on Hard you obviously can't.)

If you can get the basic strum pattern down on Expert, it's just a matter of applying it to Hard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: BOBYB Note Chains (Does anybody actually use subject lines?) Reply with quote

I'm hoping a really specific question will get me a really specific answer, so here goes.

I don't know if there's a technical name for these, so I'm just gonna use the simpleton's version of it. The chains I need help with are the ones that go BOBYB really fast...in case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a handy-dandy picture, complete with the sustain at the end.

Mr. Green
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green----------------
Mr. Green

Obviously, the reds are fillers and the greens are the notes you have to hit in the sequence.

How do you guys hit this? Do you just strum out every note, or do you use a HO/PO combination so you only have to strum once? If you strum, would you guys mind sharing the strum speed you use (is it 4 16th notes into a sustain)?

This is really the only part of the song that is keeping me from a relatively high score now, so I was hoping that the more advanced players could offer their input.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrewG wrote:
200,377 -- 5 stars!

At last! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
man it is not hard to 5 star that song. In fact it isn't hard to 5 star any song. Except Texas Flood
b3nz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BOBYB Note Chains (Does anybody actually use subject lin Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
I'm hoping a really specific question will get me a really specific answer, so here goes.

I don't know if there's a technical name for these, so I'm just gonna use the simpleton's version of it. The chains I need help with are the ones that go BOBYB really fast...in case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a handy-dandy picture, complete with the sustain at the end.

Mr. Green
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green----------------
Mr. Green

Obviously, the reds are fillers and the greens are the notes you have to hit in the sequence.

How do you guys hit this? Do you just strum out every note, or do you use a HO/PO combination so you only have to strum once? If you strum, would you guys mind sharing the strum speed you use (is it 4 16th notes into a sustain)?

This is really the only part of the song that is keeping me from a relatively high score now, so I was hoping that the more advanced players could offer their input.

I hit that by holding B and strumming 5 times, B, then add finger, O, take finger off, B, take finger off blue and hit Y, finger back on B.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 195k, son of a biscuit.

Guitar Hero 2
Misirlou(4), Jordan(0), Six(0), Thunderhorse(3)

Guitar Hero 3
Raining Blood(4)
Dandaman  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERYONE
Go to youtube search for Echelar and then watch his video of No One Knows 100%, use that star power strategy and see if you get any better
It pushed me up to 10th
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my advice for this song:

for the G-GR part, just do straight 8th notes instead of trying "gallop" the notes.

and for the BOBYB (see emoticon picture above), i strum the B then i use what could be considered a PO for the OBY...i say it could be considered a PO because i don't actually do what the game would call a PO as far as the technical definition goes...it's kinda hard to explain but instead of putting all three fingers on at the same time and then "pulling them off" i just put each of my fingers on the buttons going down the scale making sure to put my lower finger on the button before i let go of the one above...i.e. my ring finger is placed on B right before i let go of the O with my pinky...then for the sustained B i strum

sorry if that was a little confusing

i'm not sure what my hard high score is but on expert it's 295k
NewYY1  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I got easily, I hit 200k+. Now for the next song on the hard list; Ace of Spades.

Guitar Hero 2
Misirlou(4), Jordan(0), Six(0), Thunderhorse(3)

Guitar Hero 3
Raining Blood(4)
TiburonLuc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's not a good one, but it's the first time that I take the time to check this out and make an SP strategy. I haven't try it yet, but if someone thinks that I'm completly out of the track, just tell me please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: