Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Texas Flood
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Texas Flood Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble because I only miss 1 note in every other passage and it hurts my score more than missing a whole passage because I can't keep a x4 multiplier going.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the club.
I don't know what it is about this song and my inability to keep a 4x multiplier going for any length of time. No other song gives me problems like this one does.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably the fact that it spases into insane strands and quick solos and then it goes back to an easy pace, so you get you score multiplier up and then it drops again...

*grumble grumble*
lilchris25  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only guideline I have for this song, is a threshold for getting 150,000, which should get you the 5 star in most cases.

You would need to have at least 130,000 after the main solo ends, and before the singer starts again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: lilc25
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Flying_V_ITG/guitar%20hero/hard%20scores/texas-flood-star-power-strategy.png

Key:
Sky Blue (1st SP): Essential.
Gray: Whammy
Orange: Don't Whammy (you could, but you would want to activate the SP in the middle of the note)
Yellow: Not Necissary to get, but nice to have
Brighter Areas: SP is activated

This is the Strategy that i used when i got my 5*, so it should be effective for anyone who is dedicated to gettin the five on This Flood From Texas.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Flying_V_ITG/guitar%20hero/hard%20scores/texas-flood-star-power-strategy.png

Key:
Sky Blue (1st SP): Essential.
Gray: Whammy
Orange: Don't Whammy (you could, but you would want to activate the SP in the middle of the note)
Yellow: Not Necissary to get, but nice to have
Brighter Areas: SP is activated

This is the Strategy that i used when i got my 5*, so it should be effective for anyone who is dedicated to gettin the five on This Flood From Texas.

I concur, this is the same one I use.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that first one is a major biatch though to get right, cuz of the double scale, then the hesitation to get the next 2 notes on it....it took me forever to get it right
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
that first one is a major biatch though to get right, cuz of the double scale, then the hesitation to get the next 2 notes on it....it took me forever to get it right

while(true)
{
wait(20)
*squeak*
*swear*
*start->replay*
}

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a video of this song (my first video I might add). I got a 173k, slightly shy of my best, but played the song better overall.

The video quality is pretty terrible ... as the only means of recording were less than "neat".

I had to record the performance on a VHS, then replay it and record in 45 second intervals to a digicam (that supported a small amount of video), transfer each of the 45s vids to the computer, and then attempt to put them all together so the sound would sync up correctly.

... I think I'll get a new means of recording before I do it again.

Anyways, *URL REMOVED, see end of thread*

Last edited by Echelar on Sat May 20, 2006 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggest for the video is another one similar to it, but only concentrated on your hands so that people know how their hands should be positioned to ensure that the scales and stuff are right
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
my suggest for the video is another one similar to it, but only concentrated on your hands so that people know how their hands should be positioned to ensure that the scales and stuff are right

Yeah, when I buy lots of technology in the next month, hopefully I can do a dual vid setup.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gonna do the hoodrich dual video set up, where i am running on two camers at the same time, one with my friend filming my hands, and one where my brother is doing the screen, but i jsut need to get the second camera from my buddy
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
I made a video of this song (my first video I might add). I got a 173k, slightly shy of my best, but played the song better overall.

The video quality is pretty terrible ... as the only means of recording were less than "neat".

I had to record the performance on a VHS, then replay it and record in 45 second intervals to a digicam (that supported a small amount of video), transfer each of the 45s vids to the computer, and then attempt to put them all together so the sound would sync up correctly.

Anyways, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXWXAIa6RaU

interesting to watch...but i think the audio lags the video by a 1/4 of a sec or more....at least it did towards the end. it was throwing me off.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Echelar wrote:

Anyways, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXWXAIa6RaU

interesting to watch...but i think the audio lags the video by a 1/4 of a sec or more....at least it did towards the end. it was throwing me off.

It does ... it's a bit ahead of the song in the beginning. I had to record it in 45 second increments and splice it together, so over the course of the song, I must have cut a few frames too many, hence the desync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: