psx: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE FUCKING GJOB BRO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll trade you one of my Gemini FC's for a Troggy FC >_>

Congrats on finally getting Insti, psx. Time to tie us up at 62 and get Hangar 18 =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ApheXtal  

Location: a time dependent variable taken from the set {MIT, Detroit}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time this thread gets bumped with a new GH2 FC I always expect it to be H18 (but I always know it won't be Gemini :P). Regardless, Institutionalized is quite the full combination. That sure is a difficult sequence of notes to hit all in succession! I''m sure any day now I'll see the bump for H18 and I'll finally be placated and stop bugging you about it (right? <_<)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice lil' FC to have in your belt , nice work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooooooooo!!! It's so awesome that you're this close to FCing GH2, and it's definitely something you can accomplish in the future. Grats Bjan!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, you did it!

I've seen your pain on the IRC, especially on the part when you showed the chart for us to see where you missed (on a RY chord, IIRC)...well, it surely feels AWESOME to get rid of this pesky song. Congrats, sir!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck yeah psx

After all your pain with this song it's so well deserved

And I guess it's time for me to pass you again now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact Kubuh: now you've got more ground to make ^_______^

Ahem.

GH2X: FC #62 Gemini YAY!

Yeah yeah, this FC looks horrendously late on the list, I know. I spent about 15 minutes in practice trying to get something down for the bridge, and actually tried something that prebensoerensen had suggested a while ago in IRC: looking at my fingers while playing the X. Now, I hit the X itself once pretty quickly just looking at my fingers, but then it went all down hill after that. I'd then decided that I'd start staring at the screen, and soon after hit the bridge in its entirety and it felt pretty good. And apparently that felt like a good time to try Solo 2B once (which I FCed) and then go straight to real runs.

Real runs turned into real run as the FC was obtained first time today XD. Yay!

And then there were two...

Oh yeah, I did FC past 4B of H18 the other day, which resulted in me missing every solo after it. T'is nice having a 1144ns under my belt now
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. psx gon FC all of GH2X. I'm looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
dclapp  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

we should race to FGFC. I have 61 FCs and I am also coming close to getting H18.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! INB4 FGFC!!!

seriously, nice job. I guess this gave you trouble? I thought you were just saving it for late cause you were annoyed by it or something, like Skinny... or maybe it was a bit of both. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to you getting H18, and then (lol) jordan.

I've probably already asked this, but do you use the hopos in BatH? I'm probably gonna get that next, unless I get some consistency in H18... speaking of which, do you have any tips for solo 7 (the ascending bit) other than to not lolsuck?

Great job dude!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well psx, I read the horoscopes this morning, and the one for Gemini said:

"You will fall to the will of a plastic instrument god from a foreign land. He has slayed freaky dragons, tattooed lovers, and thunderous steeds. It will take longer than usual for his wicked ways to get to you, but it will happen. Just let things flow and it will come."

...It wasn't lying eh? Grats dude.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
O_O THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! INB4 FGFC!!!

seriously, nice job. I guess this gave you trouble? I thought you were just saving it for late cause you were annoyed by it or something, like Skinny... or maybe it was a bit of both. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to you getting H18, and then (lol) jordan.

I've probably already asked this, but do you use the hopos in BatH? I'm probably gonna get that next, unless I get some consistency in H18... speaking of which, do you have any tips for solo 7 (the ascending bit) other than to not lolsuck?

Great job dude!
Well, it was pretty much a case of never hitting the bridge consistently at all (and that's actually still the case even after FCing Gemini >_>). I would hit it once in practice, and then not hit it again for a good 15 minutes and then tell the game to go fuck itself. Today for whatever reason I decided I'd sit there for a good 15 minutes trying to get something right, and it took me 15 minutes in practice to even hit it once. Somewhere in my head I said "lol, let's try some real runs" which turned into "lol, I just FCed Gemini first try". Funny how that works. It's still an impossible FC by the way. >_>

I strum every note in BatH's Solo D, so don't ask me on how to use the hopos. I tried using the hopos in the past, couldn't even get it right on slowest haha. I'm not even sure what I could suggest as a tip if you do try to strum every note, other than my strumming seems to sound like a machine gun when I do FC Solo D. I should try to get a reFC on vid at some point, that'd be cool. Big list of stuff I want on vid heh.

As for Hangar 18's wonderous solo 7, I'd seriously argue that its my weakest solo of the entire song, and yep its because of that ascending crap in the end. If only we were able to ghost note in ascending like we can descending. Anywho:

That's my fingering for it. The basic idea is that I play the first triplet as per normal (yep, that's how I would normally play GRY triplets :P), and from there its just repeating the same pattern twice: 1(here you can think of it as "shifting to second" just so the pattern seems identical, if it helps to keep this consistent you can always play the first triplet as 123 so you actually do shift to 2nd)1213, 1(shift down to 3rd)1213 123 (oddly enough, my problem more often than not is the YBO at the end ). I got really consistent at 7 at one point, but now its back to lolsuck. Oh, and anchoring your index throughout this ascending crap is your best friend... something I tend to not do everytime I play 7 >_>

So in short, it's basically shift down, 2-release, 3-release, repeat, if that makes sense. Shift, boom boom. Shift, boom boom. I think that'd explain it best in words. Kinda. Fun fact: my pinky doesn't see the light of day in Solo 7, wheee!

Now, I have some whacked out fingering sometimes (I still have to make a hands vid of 3D-3E of Inst because its quite hilarious watching me play the first half of 3D in 3rd position, triplets in the 2nd half of 3D in 2nd position, then the second half of 3E in 3rd position), so it may not be handy for most. If it helps you, then awesome. I didn't come up with this myself, JR626 uses this pretty much to hit solo 7 and I'd learnt this fingering (or the basic idea of it anyways) directly from him.

Good luck in adding to your FC tally, good sir. Hopefully you join me on 62 soon enough
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
Well psx, I read the horoscopes this morning, and the one for Gemini said:

"You will fall to the will of a plastic instrument god from a foreign land. He has slayed freaky dragons, tattooed lovers, and thunderous steeds. It will take longer than usual for his wicked ways to get to you, but it will happen. Just let things flow and it will come."

...It wasn't lying eh? Grats dude.

That's one seriously fucked up and accurate horoscope

Anywho, congrats on the Gemini FC (I know how fucking hard that X is >_>) and now I am convinced you will FC GH2X within this year. Woo psx!

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on gemini! You have so many fcs Howe do you do the x? 13 13 13, or 13 12 13?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 59 of 70

Jump to: