Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cowboys From Hell
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Cowboys From Hell Reply with quote

Note Chart | Mirror

New Chart

Last edited by JCirri on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having trouble consistently nailing the G-G-G-G-R-R-R-R-Y-Y-R-R-Y-Y-B line?

I used to try playing it purely with fingers on GRYB, but my ring and pinky fingers just aren't quite as coordinated as the other two, and I could rarely play it cleanly. So, I started playing the G-R transition by sliding my index finger and playing the rest with fingers on RYBO, and my scores immediately improved.

(This riff is good practice for alternate picking, but I find that I still downpick the ...B-Y-R-G bit at the end.)

As for the rest of the song, the best practice is CFH Expert.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have trouble with that part until I realized that timing was my problem. Concentrate on making sure you change fingers before strumming (especially towards the end of the line). My problem was that I was strumming just before changing notes, resulting in misses. So try forcing yourself to change notes earlier than you would think, let me know if it helps.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of the main riff, i found out that there is the best part for use of your star power instead of the solo, because since it is the most repettitive part, it makes it easy to nail consistantnly and if that combo keeps running, it makes the score rack up....it also is nice if it brings the power into the verses cuz you get the chords as well
catfish7  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my timing is bad off on the main riff. About once out of every three times I'll get it. It's costing me a massive amount of points though.

I'm gonna try that slide the index finger up technique.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a specific star path anyone uses to 5 star this song? My high score is now 234,xxx, just shy of 5 star, and I hit 91-92% of the notes (I think). Is there a better strategy that will help or should I just wait for that special run when I nail it?
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfish7 wrote:
Is there a specific star path anyone uses to 5 star this song? My high score is now 234,xxx, just shy of 5 star, and I hit 91-92% of the notes (I think). Is there a better strategy that will help or should I just wait for that special run when I nail it?

I have a weird star power path, I use it for the verse (Green-yellow chords) and I try to get the "They see us comin' and they all together run for cover" or (Red-blue chords) part with the 8x. If you have trouble consistantly nailing the verse like the red-yellow-blue hammer-on and the blue-yellow-red-red pull-off, then I would use star power on the main riff parts.

I myself have gotten 240k with the star power on the first strategy... but I can't get the end parts down... so I can't 5* it yet. I'm only 4,000 off though....
ensockerbagare  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I believe is the best way to utilize the SP, at least for the first part of the song, is that when you've just gotten the third star power refill, use it immediatly or ASAP. That way, you will get the most of the main riff and chords, which will end right before star power fill (The R-Y-B, R-Y-B, part)

BTW, my first post, w00t?!
DrewG  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give any good advice on how to hit the main riff of this song? I can never do it.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a strummin pattern that works for you; I always start the main riff with an up strum for some reason. Also, make sure you're really concentrating at the end switches from yellow ,back to red ,and then to blue; focus on getting your fingers on the buttons with the correct timing because thats the part most people mess up. Also, alternate strum, downstrumming will kill your arm.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna give some advice to, but I see that you've passed with 82% so well done
Jaksiel  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I used to have trouble with that part until I realized that timing was my problem. Concentrate on making sure you change fingers before strumming (especially towards the end of the line). My problem was that I was strumming just before changing notes, resulting in misses. So try forcing yourself to change notes earlier than you would think, let me know if it helps.

Thanks to this, I've realized that my problem was changing notes before strumming all of the previous notes. Now it's just a question of execution...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the only song that I can't at least four-star on hard. There are several parts that I'm having trouble with..

1) The main part of the chorus as everyone has mentioned. I tried alt strumming the whole thing, but I usually end up doing an extra strum at the end, because it's an odd number of notes (15), but I strum 16 times by reflex. I tried to fix this by just alt strumming the first 8 notes (GGGGRRRR) and then downstrumming the last seven, and that works more often, but I still can't nail it consistently.

2) During the verses, I NEVER hit the BYRR part. Ever. Any tips? I absolutely suck at POs. Is it possible to downstrum?

3) Near the end, the groups of three notes... BYR YRG and then OBY BYR YRG. What finger positions do you guys use? I can hit the first part pretty easily, 3-2-1 3-2-1 on both. However, on the group of three, I try 4-3-2, 3-2-1 and then switching to 3-2-1 on the last group, but it's almost too fast to do. Tips?
gmriggs  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlus:

1) I used to have that problem when I first started playing this song. What helped me was paying attention to whichever way you start alternate picking the riff, and ending the last note in the same direction. If you start on a downstrum, the last note is a downstrum, and vice versa. I also went through various stages of counting off every other note, every group of 4 notes, etc. Now I don't even think about it and I never miss that part. It just takes a little practice.

2) I used to downstrum this part all the time, before I switched to alternate strumming that entire section. It's completely possible to do them consistently that way... I've had quite a few runs where I've hit close to all of them in the song just downstrumming. I never use HO's or PO's. What helped me a lot was focusing on the 'BY' part in the BYRR BYRR, and counting them off as 1234 1234 in my head. Accent the '12'... if I mess this part up, it's usually because I miss the yellow note.

Just like everything else in the game, it takes practice more than anything else. These are just some tips I use... hope they can help you too.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlus wrote:
3) Near the end, the groups of three notes... BYR YRG and then OBY BYR YRG. What finger positions do you guys use? I can hit the first part pretty easily, 3-2-1 3-2-1 on both. However, on the group of three, I try 4-3-2, 3-2-1 and then switching to 3-2-1 on the last group, but it's almost too fast to do. Tips?

I assume you're talking about the solo? Well, I'm not necessarily sure if this is right, but since I was never able to hit that part the way I should've (with a 4321 on G->B then transferring over), I've actually learned to hit most of it with this pattern.

It's really weird. But that's how I've tried it. (NOTE: This is an easy way to PASS the song, but I always break my combo somewhere around the last triplet.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero -> Hard All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: