ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tennessee get together (In _________) on.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw I'm coming to this guys, dunno if you'll need me but it should be entertaining at the least.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Scott, I can tell you that the freeforms on vocals in this song come in the first verse right before vocals enter, at the end of the main solo, and I think there's one more at the end. So we may want to go for a full band activation during one of those, I'm thinking maybe the one at the end of the big solo. I FCed Schism on vocals last night, so I guess I'm warmed up. I'll do a couple more warmup runs on this song before I leave the house today.

Erimgard wrote:
Btw I'm coming to this guys, dunno if you'll need me but it should be entertaining at the least.

Well come by and say hey! I always like to meet other SHers. You should be entertained all right, especially with me on the mike.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm about to leave in about 10 mins, just let me know if I'm doing guitar or bass (text me.)
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: z1Linko PSN Name: z1Linko
sscotth  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that didn't go to well. Seems the score contest was, in fact, a beauty pageant. Shame they didn't feel it necessary to mention that beforehand. Mind you watching preps rock out on plastic instruments in Sesame Street TShirts was pretty hilarious

Might I suggest to the other people who showed not to take it too seriously? It was at a county fair after all... I may be taking this lightly because I wasn't in the running, but still.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that the Sesame Street gang won it?

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
sscotth  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
z1Linko  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
I take it that the Sesame Street gang won it?

Nope, the team that came late won. The Sesame Street gang didn't really do anything special on the second song, like they did on the first song.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: z1Linko PSN Name: z1Linko
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sscotth wrote:
I guarantee you I won't be buying any games from GameCrazy anytime soon.

I'm with you. They've lost my business. I still say Kyle is a douche, misinformed or not. To flat out say that he didn't say what he said, and tell ME that I wasn't talking to him...just wow. If they want my business again, I'll need to see Kyle-douche suck a homeless man's dick.

With that said, I'm already over it. It sucked that it was done so badly and ran by incompetent douches, but all I can do is not buy from them. I'm over it, I'm moving on.

z1Linko wrote:
Nope, the team that came late won. The Sesame Street gang didn't really do anything special on the second song, like they did on the first song.

Neither did anything spectacular. They hyped up the crowd during the beginning of the song, walked around and dude who played behind his head was missing notes. Granted that last singer was pure beast, but that's besides the point. A mask won them the tourney. Excellent.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the story of our experience would likely be suitable material for this site.

sscotth wrote:
I didn't hear that rule. In fact, I didn't hear a single rule. Normally at the beginning of a tournament, the director will lay out the rules to everyone so they are clear.

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I can only agree with everything else that's been said. Too bad we didn't know showboating was the name of the game We could have done things; we could have had somebody throw a plastic bat on stage and let me bite its head off onstage, and then run around like a bunch of idiots. Oh well. My only other big gripe was with the horrendous quality of the microphone and its sensitivity. You guys didn't have to sing into it, but that thing was JACKED, and being forced to sound like a jackass in front of a (semi)large group of people was NOT fun. Scott and I decided that I should try and sing robotically and not try to sound good. IMO that was a mistake, although I fully understand why that decision was made at the time. But if I ever sing at a tourney again, I'm going to try to sound good WHILE scoring points. I'd like to give it another shot at some point.

Devil May Asian wrote:
Neither did anything spectacular. They hyped up the crowd during the beginning of the song, walked around and dude who played behind his head was missing notes.

Unfortunately that's exactly what they were looking for. What's sad is that when we had a score of 0, we actually could have won with that.

Devil May Asian wrote:
Granted that last singer was pure beast, but that's besides the point.

I'm pretty sure he still only hit 70 something percent. I'd love to PFO him.

And guys, Gamecrazy had lost my business long before this. This isn't the first negative experience I'd had with them.
Also, had fun hanging out at your place afterwards, DMA. Hope I didn't overstay my welcome, sorry if I did.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there was a guitar hero tourney going on at the Tennessee State Fair, I think on the 20th. Anybody know anything else about that?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tennesseestatefair.org/mustsee/contests.asp

Now, I'm reading the rules...they look simple enough...but I dunno if that's the case.

Erimgard  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
http://tennesseestatefair.org/mustsee/contests.asp

Now, I'm reading the rules...they look simple enough...but I dunno if that's the case.

Worth a shot. What's admission, $5 if you buy the tickets at a Kroger? Even if it ends up a mess like the last one, it should be fun at least... And the stated setup looks decent enough.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the fair to see what the qualifying process is like. Starting from today until next saturday, sign ups will start at 5PM and the qualifiers at 7pm. The web page rules seem basic enough, with only one song to play. I couldn't get the name of the song (only because the lady on the phone didn't know), so I can't verify neither the song or if it'll be the same song during the entire week. Also, she didn't know which Guitar Hero game would be played.

I asked if there were any sponsors involved or if it was just a local fair grounds event, and she didn't see anything about sponsors. Hopefully, we can avoid that Kyle douche in either case.

That's pretty much all I have to report. Like Erim said, you can buy a ticket at Kroger's for $5. Online is $8 and on site is $9.

I'll be out there tomorrow to check out exactly what's going on and to give a full detailed setup/rule writeup when it's done.

Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the most pointless tournament qualification round of all time. I didn't even have to play. Hey DMA, Scott and I were thinking of maybe trying to organize a get together at your place maybe sometime before we go to the fair. You game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 77 of 79

Jump to: