ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Some GH1&GH2 -> GH3PC questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecrankyhermit  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Some GH1&GH2 -> GH3PC questions Reply with quote

I'm trying to create my own DIY Guitar Hero Trilogy on PC. I've bought the Guitar Hero 1&2 dual pack for PS2, and Guitar Hero 3 for PC. So far, I've done the following:

Used GHex to extract all the vgs's and mid's from the GH1&2 discs
Deleted all of the 60p/75p/90p/etc vgs's.
Used VGSSplitter to extract all the wav's from the vgs files.

Now I'm using the GH3 PC editing tool to import all the songs into GH3, but for some of the songs I'm not quite sure what to do. The tool seems to expect three sound tracks - one for the band, one for the guitar, and one for the bass/rhythm.

What do I do with the GH1 songs? Those don't have bass/rhythm tracks. Should I import a dummy .wav? Or is there something else to do?

Also, a number of the GH2 songs have *five* tracks. For instance, Jessica has a band track, guitar track, coop band track, coop lead track, and coop rhythm track. How should I handle this if I want these songs to work in both SP career and coop modes?

I also noticed that in five of the GH1 song folders (crossroads, morethanafeeling, sharpdressedman, spanishcastlemagic, & symphofdestruction), in addition to a vgs and mid file, there's also a folder called "gen" which contains a bnk, nse, and seq file. Does anyone know what these are used for? And can I discard them?
SkyD  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer at least some of your questions:

Q: What do I do with the GH1 songs? Those don't have bass/rhythm tracks. Should I import a dummy .wav? Or is there something else to
A: Just use the same file you used for the guitar track

Q:Also, a number of the GH2 songs have *five* tracks. For instance, Jessica has a band track, guitar track, coop band track, coop lead track, and coop rhythm track. How should I handle this if I want these songs to work in both SP career and coop modes?
A:That won't work(yet). So choose the band and guitar track and for bass choose the coop rhytm track. No other options are available.

Q:I also noticed that in five of the GH1 song folders (crossroads, morethanafeeling, sharpdressedman, spanishcastlemagic, & symphofdestruction), in addition to a vgs and mid file, there's also a folder called "gen" which contains a bnk, nse, and seq file. Does anyone know what these are used for? And can I discard them?
A: I have no idea, but I don't think that those files are used for anything - I'd just dump 'em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: