ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Regarding False Scores
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrQuiet3  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Does it save the score on the main song selection screen?

I was just thinking that. If it does not save to that screen, then we can at least require a screenshot of that along with the newspaper screen.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that in Career Mode, it only displays my band name if I'm playing on the last unlocked venue. So that doesn't mean your pic is a fake.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Does it save the score on the main song selection screen?

Checking... Shit I just loaded that band without saving my band. I set a few new high scores too, oh well I'll leave them up and try to match/beat them later. >

Anyways, the answer is yes. You can't tell a difference. Looks just like normal (and this obviously is without the ARMax loaded).

*NOTE: ONCE AGAIN THIS IS FAKE AND IS FROM USING CHEATS*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's irritating, but one thing you could do is an idea from the "mis attack" challenge. Take two pictures, one of the song's "end lines" and one of the paper. The end lines picture would show that star power was not on and would also show your score at the end of the song. Then the paper would be corroborating evidence and would show which song you were playing.

It could still be abused, for example by playing a song with higher max scores and then taking a picture of the paper for a song that used cheats, but getting the two scores to match would be a difficult task, and I can't see anyone going to that much effort.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
it's irritating, but one thing you could do is an idea from the "mis attack" challenge. Take two pictures, one of the song's "end lines" and one of the paper. The end lines picture would show that star power was not on and would also show your score at the end of the song. Then the paper would be corroborating evidence and would show which song you were playing.

It could still be abused, for example by playing a song with higher max scores and then taking a picture of the paper for a song that used cheats, but getting the two scores to match would be a difficult task, and I can't see anyone going to that much effort.

But what if your Star Power strategy requires for you to have SP through the final lines? I've seen a few where the SP just kinda is used up till the end of the song.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

But what if your Star Power strategy requires for you to have SP through the final lines? I've seen a few where the SP just kinda is used up till the end of the song.

True, but it would work with most songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea, MLafer but it isn't very practical...

Also a few things about the cheat... it never runs out of star power. it never drains at all. After the first couple measures, it fills all the way up and stays full regardless of when you use it. A last screen would obviously prove that you had used SOME star power regardless of whether the song required it at the end or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...so it would technically work...it'd be a bitch to do though, since you'd have to remember to pause your super run right before the end of the song.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a simple way to determine an estimate for high scores that is more or less guaranteed to equal to or higher than the highest possible score for a song. Simply determine the amount of star power available via SP groups and sustained notes regardless of whether the SP can be used in time. Convert sustains into (possibly fractional) notes and allocate the notes to the appropriate measures. Pick the N measures that yield the greatest number of notes where N is equal to the conservatvely estimated number of measures of SP available in the song. Multiply the point total in these measures by 8x and multiply the points from all other measures by 4x.

This method may yield estimates that are much higher than what is possible but at that is better than being too low. I am aware that SP is not always activated at measure boundaries but the selection of the most populated measures should (over)compensate for that fact.

Remember, someone can simply post a false score that is a few points short of first place in order to obtain second place so there is little point in spending a lot of time on trying to determine maximum hgih scores.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, it is pretty futile to try to completely prevent cheating without totally alienating the honest players as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is not people posting scores that are above the highest possible. The problem is when people post fake scores that are around the scores of the first couple places for a song......no one will question it.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quackadilly wrote:
the problem is not people posting scores that are above the highest possible. The problem is when people post fake scores that are around the scores of the first couple places for a song......no one will question it.

Precisely.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: pie Reply with quote

isnt this topic about not cheating i mean i just figured out I MEAN you gave away a method to those losers with too much time on thier hands.

... i think ill play bark at the moon now Mr. Green
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: pie Reply with quote

monster wrote:
isnt this topic about not cheating i mean i just figured out I MEAN you gave away a method to those losers with too much time on thier hands.

... i think ill play bark at the moon now Mr. Green

It wasn't about "giving away" a method. Cheaters tend to be far more clever than me, and anyone could have thought of that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheaters always find new methods before the "police" do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: